Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Well Strauss gone for 51, good to see him finding some touch early on in the tour, hopefully he can learn from his mistakes in Pakistan and formulate a technique suitable for combating the Indian attack. Vaughan remains on 48 with Bell yet to score.

Why isn't this thread a Sticky yet? It should be!

Oh dear, Pietersen is gone bowled by Ansari. Vaughan played well to get England out of trouble - I just wonder if Bell and Flintoff can perform now when it matters.

England- 5/246. Flintoff goes for 20 whilst Bell is solid with 68 and Collingwood on 14. It looks like they are going to use something like 16 players, as it reads nine more possible players to bat.

England all out 299.
Bell 78
Vaughan 54
Strauss 51
Collingwood 47*
Waingankar 3/53
Bachani 2/66

Wicket Keeper said:
Who's carry the game? bSkyb or DoorDarshan

BCCI gave the rights to Nimbus !
so obviously, we'll have doordarshan doing the telecasting !! yay !! :rolleyes:

also, we'll have fourth umpire , the best cricket show available till date :rolleyes:

Great performances by the Indians! Hope our International team will preform like this too.

jk16_4 said:
BCCI gave the rights to Nimbus !
so obviously, we'll have doordarshan doing the telecasting !! yay !! :rolleyes:

also, we'll have fourth umpire , the best cricket show available till date :rolleyes:
There will most certainly not be a stop gap arangement this time.
The BCCI will award TV rights for the next 4 years to one of the 3 private broadcasters in Zee or ESPNSTAR .
DD, however will be telecasting all the matches irrespective of the broadcaster which gets the cable rights .

Good start by the CCI XI restricting England to 289/9 !
I read that some quickie from J&K bowled 5 maiden overs and troubled Vaughan quite a bit.
This series promises to be a real good one .
I`ve been waiting for this since the Ashes and now with India having beaten Pakistan in ODIs , they will be up for it.
Though they lost the tests in Pak, they have ended the tour on a high not and more importantly have a class batting lineup firing on all cylinders (especially Tendulkar).
India at home are a different proposition mainly due to the spin twins.
Kumble and Harbhajan are real threats to any opposition and with Irfan getting back to his groove, h can give the spinners support.
Sreesanth/Zaheer/VRV/Munaf should be fighting for the 4th bowlers spot.

andrew_nixon said:
As it stands at the moment, no one is. UK broadcasting rights are still TBA.
I hope someone in the UK will show it! I'll be devestated if no one does and im sure I wont be the only one!

Just read Nimbus want ?5m from Sky for rights and even if they do get them they might have to use commentators who Nimbus select and not their regular one's. Sony and Ary in the UK are also against Sky for the rights but I hope it goes to Sky because most of us have to pay extra to get Sony and Ary on satellite and I dont think many people will be willing to do that just for one series!

Last edited:
m_vaughan said:
Well it is called mind games, and Nasser Hussain was the king in that regard. I know its not very sporting, but takes place in every sport today.

Already Bob Woolmer (former England batsman) has started the war of words by stating that Sachin Tendulkar is not comfortable with the ball seaming back with pace. (Cricinfo)
I found it wierd when I read Bob Woolmer talking joining the war of words when I read his column y`day !
He better concentrate on his team which hs just lost an ODI series against India in which Tendulkar has played a major part.

I don`t think that this Indian side under Chappel will be bothered about these statements.

India will be big favorites in ODIs and slight favorites in tests.
We will have to wait and see how both teams fare in the first test to predict a result. Its 52-48 to India ATM.

I predict Ian Bell and A.Strauss to be a real thorn in India`s flesh in this series .
If you look at the history of series in India, it is the players whom you least expect to perform in India who perform the best.

In 2001, Ponting,M.Waugh and S.Waugh were expected to fire but Hayden was the top scorer and the rest as they say is history.
In the last series it was Katich and Clarke.
In the 2005 Pakistan seres, it was Younis khan who was a real thorn and continues to be since then.

Good Starts by England batsmen. I feel that at least a couple of batsmen should have converted the good starts to big ones against some ordinary names.
England's batsmen need to score 400-500 to have a chance in the sub-continent.

The CCI team needs to put England's bowling under heavy pressure by smashing them all around! I hope they deflate England's bowling line up by tonking them all round and keep them below form for the first test!

Briggsey said:
I hope someone in the UK will show it! I'll be devestated if no one does and im sure I wont be the only one!

Just read Nimbus want ?5m from Sky for rights and even if they do get them they might have to use commentators who Nimbus select and not their regular one's. Sony and Ary in the UK are also against Sky for the rights but I hope it goes to Sky because most of us have to pay extra to get Sony and Ary on satellite and I dont think many people will be willing to do that just for one series!

Well it's the norm with Indian series apparently, it was only yesterday i found out the India Cricket Board doesn't have a website! Weird.

I'm sure Sky will bid and be succesful.

-----------

Not great day but read the pitch favours the bowlers. (Ecb.co.uk)

Bell in the runs is great news, and so are Tres and Plunkett ;)

Sureshot said:
Well it's the norm with Indian series apparently, it was only yesterday i found out the India Cricket Board doesn't have a website! Weird.

I'm sure Sky will bid and be succesful.

-----------

Not great day but read the pitch favours the bowlers. (Ecb.co.uk)

Bell in the runs is great news, and so are Tres and Plunkett ;)

I think the BCCI should have a website soon as this was told by Sharad Pawar and Niranjan Shah at various times after they assumed power at office!

But what is wierd in not having a website till now? Does it make any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread