Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Irrespective of what happens in Pakistan, this series will be an all new ball-game. Lets face it England underperformed in Pakistan, so if India prepare looking at that tour, they could be up for quite a jolt. Also England are a much stronger force with Simon Jones in the team, who can single-handedly rip apart batting lineups.

However I do agree that this could be the toughest tour for England, because they have to fight the opposition as well as the conditions. I think playing in the subcontinent really tests the players.

Let's just hope Monty shows his stuff in the warm-up games as Udal will be useless at least with Panesar they don't know him.

cricket_lover said:
http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2006/feb/14eng.htm

they are selecting the squad, not the team.
May be they can wait until the 3rd day to select the squad..but for now, we shouldn't expect many changes from the one that toured Pakistan...with the exception of one/two fast bowlers.

I expect either of Sreesanth or Munaf/VRV to get a look in for the tests against England!

They should, especially if it is a bowler friendly wicket. Sreesanth is a good option, he is a good bowler and India will need to harness the talent in him.

Well I really think people are expecting a bit too much from Panesar. He might be a very good spinner, but then the Indians happen to be the best players of spin. I dont think we should be pressurising the lad too much.

he should atleast play in the warm ups and i do think he will play becasue they will not go into test macthes with a single spinner.

the question is who would they drop out of hoggard, harmison and jones to make way for an extra spinner, my bet it will either be hoggard as conditions will not suit him or harmison as he doesnt perform well away from home

I would drop Hoggard, as he only bowls with the new ball and not much after. Harmison can rough up batsman, and he was very economical in Pakistan so he should stay.

Nah Hoggy is a workhorse who has improved without the swing.

Hoggy
Harmy
Freddie
Jones
Panesar.

Spins our weakness it's their strength, minimalise the effect.

I agree Hogard has to be in the team. His ability to generate good swing with the new ball and has proved that he can produce vital wickets. I feel Panesar will be used in the same way as Giles. Rest the fast bowlers and try to minimalise the amount of runs conceded. i don't see him to be too effective against the Indian batsmans though he should pick up the odd wicket in the game.

Let's just hope Udal get's injured/Delhi Belly. :D

Really is not an England bowler, heck I think he probably isn't much better than Rafique the bangladeshi spinner.

Rafique is better than Giles, Blackwell, Udal, Sehwag, Hauritz, Jeetan Patel, Paul Wiseman, Shoaib Malik, Yuvraj, Symonds(Offbreaks), Russel Arnold and Vaughan, so watch it!

There is no way Panesar will play in the first test. It will be between Udal for his experience or Blackwell as he offers a bit more with the bat.

Maybe he will play in the second when we are 1 - 0 down.

Users who are viewing this thread