• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
ZoraxDoom said:
So the English have never seen VRV and Munaf. No one can say they won't be a threat to the English.
Generalisation of the "dreaded" Indian 'Fast' bowlers.

:)

Cheeky...... :( ;)

James219 said:
Yes, you're correct, but odds can only take you so far, especially in cricket. How many would have said Warne would do well in India?
That's not the point. The point is that debuting as a spinner against the world's best spin-playing team is not the best prospect that a young rookie can face.
beefy_botham said:
Lets face it, the indians love spin but it doesn't mean to say the english wont be able to take wickets with there spinners.
I don't think anyone said that. But I do think that the English pacers will pick up 6-7 wickets every innings, leaving the other 3 for their main spinner or a part-timer. England's forte is pace.

sohummisra said:
I don't think anyone said that. But I do think that the English pacers will pick up 6-7 wickets every innings, leaving the other 3 for their main spinner or a part-timer. England's forte is pace.

No, I said that. However, I think you are being very optimistic that a part-timer will pick up (a) wicket(s) or even be used. That being said, England dont really have a main spinner in the side- there is no 'go to' man in the spin department. Udal isn't exactly convincing- nor is part-timer Blackwell- Giles is more convincing than any other current English spinner because he has been tried and tested. I cannot make a comment on Panesar because I have not seen him bowl.

Last edited:
Blackwell isn't a part timer, he bowls alot of overs.

My bowling attack would be Harmy, hoggy, Jones, Freddy and Panesar.

saisrini80 said:
Nice to see him giving the respect that India deserves! I think being an Englishman, touring India would be the toughest of all, even beating the tours that you undertake Down Under!

As nice as he is with his comments, I have to say that nothing, and nothing beats the tours down Under, or any series involving England and Australia.

m_vaughan said:
As nice as he is with his comments, I have to say that nothing, and nothing beats the tours down Under, or any series involving England and Australia.
Fair enough, and I happily disagree with you. There are multiple factors that are difficult for touring players: weather, spinning pitches, food. :)

Blackwell > Giles and Udal.

Blackwell attacks the batsman unlike Gilo and Udal is well rubbish.

sohummisra said:
Fair enough, and I happily disagree with you. There are multiple factors that are difficult for touring players: weather, spinning pitches, food. :)
Well you can see that when England and Australia play, all the players produce that extra 20% effort, than what they do against any other team. Its not about the conditions or the pitch, but its about the two teams.

For me all these games are pretty much England's preparation for the Ashes later this year. They might win all of them, but unless they can retain the Ashes, it really means nothing.

I certainly hope the English cricket team doesn't think that all their international tours are just preparation for the next Ashes.

m_vaughan said:
Well you can see that when England and Australia play, all the players produce that extra 20% effort, than what they do against any other team. Its not about the conditions or the pitch, but its about the two teams.

For me all these games are pretty much England's preparation for the Ashes later this year. They might win all of them, but unless they can retain the Ashes, it really means nothing.

Nah, each and every series is important.

m_vaughan said:

Just like nothing can come close to India-Pakistan (except the recent test series!). Its a special rivalry which nothing can beat!

But touring India is tough for any side in the world, and nothing can beat the toughness that touring teams face when they come to India, not even when they tour England or Down Under!

m_vaughan said:

You make it as if Ashes is everything that England is about! IMO, thats crap! You have to give as much importance to England's clashes with other top nations rather than giving importance only to Ashes!

I don't think that's a standard opinion of English fans. What would be standard opinion, though, I think, is that the delight from beating Australia far surpasses the delight from beating any other international team. That is, though, the benchmark for this generation of cricket and all teams (except Australia, of course) probably rate that highest, though India-Pakistan rivalry may disprove that theory.

It always goes down the wire regarding Tv rights in India, keeps everyone on their toes :p

Users who are viewing this thread