• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
beefy_botham said:
India lacks a settled pace quartet. It will be a testing time for India and Greg Chappell

Yes well its definitely unsettled which will give England the minor advantage in that department, as theirs is relatively secure, meaning most bowlers don't have to think about being dropped and hence not as much pressure added onto the fact that they are playing in India. And, I'm sure it will be a testing time for England and Duncan Fletcher.

ZexyZahid said:
England really need a good spinner. Names like Blackwell, Udal and Panesar don't really shock the opposition.
For starters, Panesar hasnt played yet. He is as much of a threat to India as Munaf Patel and V Singh are to England.

I dont know if VRV and Munaf will threaten England as England are accustomed to pace bowling! But still, at their pace, they can do something on dead tracks if they are offered to bloster India's batting!

Munaf and VRV are only playing for the BP XI against England in the warm up! Its not definite that they will get a look in for the tests! What if both fail to impress in the warm up match? Definitely the team wont want to take risks if both fail in the warm up match! The England batsmen would have got used to them in a good way and it would be dangerous!

Yup. Hope they do well.
Suprisingly, they both may be quick, but seem totally different bowlers:
Munaf swings the ball and is quick (Ala Lee)
VRV has a unusual action and hits the deck hard and gets seam movement (Ala Nel)

Will they be as good though?

ZoraxDoom said:
Yup. Hope they do well.
Suprisingly, they both may be quick, but seem totally different bowlers:
Munaf swings the ball and is quick (Ala Lee)
VRV has a unusual action and hits the deck hard and gets seam movement (Ala Nel)

Will they be as good though?

Yeah. I too heard Munaf swings the ball! I somehow feel he will be more dangerous than VRV Singh!

And the good thing is, both can bat well. They have batted well in the domestic competitions!

ZoraxDoom said:
Have you seen VRV and Munaf??

Why answer a question with a question?

No one can say Panesar won't be a threat to them, i doubt the Indians have ever seen him or faced him. Generalisation of the "dreaded" English spinners.

Micheal Vaughan's interview before leaving for India!

http://www.hindustantimes.com/htcricket/14_1622356.htm

Nice to see him giving the respect that India deserves! I think being an Englishman, touring India would be the toughest of all, even beating the tours that you undertake Down Under!

I hope our new pace hopefuls get a look in and try to bamboozle the English batsmen!

Its gonna be interesting to see what Flintoff is able to do against India? He has matured tremendously since his last visit and is one of the top all rounders of today's cricket world! Should be really exciting! Equally exciting would be to see Kevin Pietersen! The Indian fans who throng the stadiums for the ODI's should have a feast!

The contest should be better than what we have seen against Pakistan (in the tests!).

Last edited:
Sureshot said:

No one can say Panesar won't be a threat to them, i doubt the Indians have ever seen him or faced him. Generalisation of the "dreaded" English spinners.
Save Murali, no spinner has had a drastic impact against India. Even the great Warnie has failed to capitalize on the Indian batsmen. Panesar the rookie may have a spectacular debut series, but at the moment the odds are stacked against him in quite a vicious manner.

sohummisra said:
Save Murali, no spinner has had a drastic impact against India. Even the great Warnie has failed to capitalize on the Indian batsmen. Panesar the rookie may have a spectacular debut series, but at the moment the odds are stacked against him in quite a vicious manner.

Yes, you're correct, but odds can only take you so far, especially in cricket. How many would have said Warne would do well in India?

Sureshot said:

So the English have never seen VRV and Munaf. No one can say they won't be a threat to the English.
Generalisation of the "dreaded" Indian 'Fast' bowlers.

:)

Lets face it, the indians love spin but it doesn't mean to say the english wont be able to take wickets with there spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread