• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
saisrini80 said:
You make it as if Ashes is everything that England is about! IMO, thats crap! You have to give as much importance to England's clashes with other top nations rather than giving importance only to Ashes!
It doesnt matter what I think. I take this tour pretty seriously as a lot of the players will be playing for the first time in India.

However as you saw how important the Ashes is for England last year. Irrespective of what happens in the other series, winning the series down under is the main and ultimate aim.

m_vaughan said:
It doesnt matter what I think. I take this tour pretty seriously as a lot of the players will be playing for the first time in India.

However as you saw how important the Ashes is for England last year. Irrespective of what happens in the other series, winning the series down under is the main and ultimate aim.

Yea..it doesn't matter what you/I think. What team England thinks..matters. For now, India series is their goal. They want to forget about the Ashes, no matter how much more important it is for them.

Ganguly's magical form continues in domestic cricket http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2006/feb/13ranji.htm

Ganguly, the cynosure of all eyes, put up an all-round performance scoring a magnificent 72 and then returning with a figure of 2/39 while bowling, as Bengal posted consecutive wins in their Ranji one-day campaign.

He will be closely watched during the England series, hoping he makes an impact.

indiancricketer said:
i think india will win this series...if india beats pakistan then england will be really easy...as pakistan beat england therefore i believe we can do the same...but this is cricket never know

dont go into such theory... on paper, indians are favorites to beat england in both test and ODI series. In form also, Indians are ahead and on conditions too, Indians are ahead! So its going to be one of the toughest tests that England will face. Probably more tougher than what they had when Australia played the Ashes in England!

cricket_lover said:
Yea..it doesn't matter what you/I think. What team England thinks..matters. For now, India series is their goal. They want to forget about the Ashes, no matter how much more important it is for them.

Ganguly's magical form continues in domestic cricket http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2006/feb/13ranji.htm

He will be closely watched during the England series, hoping he makes an impact.

First of all, there are doubts whether he will be picked! If he is picked, then it will again be a make or break test series for him!

Since Ganguly has the World Cup 2007 in mind, he has to play test matches with a one dayer mindset! Only that will repose the faith in the selectors that Ganguly, the ODI batsman is not finished and still has ODI cricket left in him!

His 72 yesterday off 90 odd balls with 4 sixes shows that he still can cane the bowlers in the ODI's. His new found confidence in his bowling can be an asset for India in tight situations! More than anything else, he is experienced and he knows how to tackle the most tough situations!

indiancricketer said:
i think india will win this series...if india beats pakistan then england will be really easy...as pakistan beat england therefore i believe we can do the same...but this is cricket never know

England will be really easy?

:D :rolleyes:

Going on past form, England might just knock them off in the One Day game. India isn't doing that well in Pakistan (not many teams do) and they had a lousy series against South Africa. South Africa look so crap I think England could make the one day series in India just about a cake walk!

They're 2-1 up. and could have been 3-0 up.

Never underestimate the Indians at home.

Sure- England could have been like that. Do you know the results from the home one day series they had between South Africa? They didn't do so well in that. South Africa came out here recently and got humiliated. Never underestimate anyone on home turf- not even the West Indians

beefy_botham said:
Going on past form, England might just knock them off in the One Day game. India isn't doing that well in Pakistan (not many teams do) and they had a lousy series against South Africa. South Africa look so crap I think England could make the one day series in India just about a cake walk!

interesting...
England's form in ODI's is nothing to brag about. They played below-par cricket in Pakistan, and India are in ominous form right now.
Yet, anything can happen in cricket.
It might well be a cake-walk for India, who knows... :rolleyes:

They're 2-1 up. and could have been 3-0 up.

Never underestimate the Indians at home.

never underestimate India..anywhere, same goes with the top teams including England, SA and Pakistan. It will be stupid to under-estimate anyone.

It will be a hard-fought series but going by the form of players, India seem well set to grab both series.
Again, you'll never know with cricket...

beefy_botham said:

What? What? What?

Are you kidding? It seems like you have just switched yourself off from the cricketing world! The ODI record of the Indians in the last 15 matches (7 against Sri Lanka, 5 vs South Africa and 3 vs Pakistan) has been nothing short of extra-ordinary! They have won 10 matches and have lost only 4 matches with one ending in a no-result!

England's recent ODI record doesnt seem that impressive. A 3-2 defeat to Pakistan, a defeat to Australia in a 3 match ODI series and sharing the Natwest trophy with Australia in a tied final?

Well if you feel England will have a cake walk in the ODI series against India in India, well all the best! But you have done one thing. This post of yours might be a perfect one to quote after the England's tour to India end!

saisrini80 said:
What? What? What?

Are you kidding? It seems like you have just switched yourself off from the cricketing world! The ODI record of the Indians in the last 15 matches (7 against Sri Lanka, 5 vs South Africa and 3 vs Pakistan) has been nothing short of extra-ordinary! They have won 10 matches and have lost only 4 matches with one ending in a no-result!

England's recent ODI record doesnt seem that impressive. A 3-2 defeat to Pakistan, a defeat to Australia in a 3 match ODI series and sharing the Natwest trophy with Australia in a tied final?

Well if you feel England will have a cake walk in the ODI series against India in India, well all the best! But you have done one thing. This post of yours might be a perfect one to quote after the England's tour to India end!

Right!
It will be stupid to write off India, ANYTIME. Same thing..India should not underestimate England, be it in India or in England or elsewhere.
Both teams had their ups/downs over the last three years and India are in a better form this season. England can always strike back and that is what we can expect.

Team for the first test to be selected on 23rd Feb

http://www.hindu.com/2006/02/15/stories/2006021508112100.htm

What decision is this? Selecting the team on the first day of the warm up match btw BP XI and England? From where do the selectors then get the time to evaluate VRV Singh and Munaf Patel?

If both or either one gets selected for the test series, then good! But if both dont get selected, then why pick them for the BP XI match and make a news out of it that two India pace hopefuls welcome England, etc etc?

I think they can select the team on the final day of the warm up match! We have time for the first test to start! We need not rush things!

Users who are viewing this thread