Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
So then presuming it's the normal 11vs11 what would your side be for England in their first warm up tomorrow?

Strauss
Tres
Vaughan
Bell
KP
Flintoff
Jones (wk)
Hoggard
Jones
Harmison
Panesar.

Can't see the selectors putting any of those bowlers at 8 unfortunately, so we'll end up with the old and rubbish Udal.

I dont think we will have all the first team players playing the warm-up game. Since there are two pratice games, we might see them being used in either of the games.

England will probably try a few players but should obviously keep the base of the team similar as this is vital match practice in getting further adapted to conditions. They need to keep, basically, the same team to allow them to work as a unit. I'm not sure but I heard Panesar works on his batting, is he decent enough to be ahead of the three pace bowlers?

If Udal doesn't play, then Simon Jones should get put at 8. He averages 15.76 in tests and has played some crucial knocks, particular that last wicket partnership with Flintoff at Edgbaston. He also has numorous other 20 plus scores, just ask South Africa!

Current Indian Form and ODI Series VS Pakistan makes me think India will beat England in ODI .

stevie said:
If Udal doesn't play, then Simon Jones should get put at 8. He averages 15.76 in tests and has played some crucial knocks, particular that last wicket partnership with Flintoff at Edgbaston. He also has numorous other 20 plus scores, just ask South Africa!

i remember he scored 49 i think in his very first test match against india in 2002

Is the practice game not another one of those that allows them to use their entire squad? I was under the impression that Fletcher had publicly stated that all players in the squad will play a part across the practice games.

usy said:
Current Indian Form and ODI Series VS Pakistan makes me think India will beat England in ODI .

In the test matches too if Kumble and Harbhajan get helpful wickets and get back to form!

We are getting the fast bowlers required! Sreesanth is very promising! He has to play in all the tests! Irfan, Sreesanth and Zaheer Khan should form the pace attack! I dont favor RP Singh simply because Irfan and RP Singh are the same type of bowlers - bowlers with swing. Having two bowlers of the same type gives the Englishmen time to get used to them! Zaheer is a seam bowler who is trying to be more economical. So Zaheer should play with Irfan and Sreesanth in the tests. If India pick VRV or Munaf, then one of them definitely needs to be blooded in the tests. But I doubt if either would be picked!

jazz said:
i remember he scored 49 i think in his very first test match against india in 2002

I think he got 44, but yes he's not bad when it comes to the task of scoring 15-20 quick runs.

prarara said:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indveng/content/current/story/237600.html

Hmmmm....divide and conquer again huh? I seriously hope that England doesn't go this route and tries to play their game without these superfluities.

They will get beaten if they follow that route!

India are not going to play less than what they are expected to play, just because england touches on the Saurav Ganguly issue! We didnt have much problems in Pakistan when Ganguly didnt play a test match! We wont have any when England faces us and hope England knows us!

I dont agree with Hussain's policy of winning at any cost and if that means using controversial issues to upset the opposition's mental balance! Hope Vaughan doesnt think the way Hussain does!

England Team: Strauss, Prior, Vaughan, Flintoff, Harmison, Hoggard, Bell, S Jones,
Pietersen, Plunkett, Collingwood.

England 1/77 with Prior going early for 0. Hopefully Strauss and Vaughan can gain some quality time out in the middle and get acquainted with the conditions.

Wicket Keeper said:
Who's carry the game? bSkyb or DoorDarshan
It is not clear yet which production team will be used by Doordarshan for this series. Past few series have been produced by Nimbus, but there is a good chance that this one will be done by bSkyb.

saisrini80 said:
They will get beaten if they follow that route!

India are not going to play less than what they are expected to play, just because england touches on the Saurav Ganguly issue! We didnt have much problems in Pakistan when Ganguly didnt play a test match! We wont have any when England faces us and hope England knows us!

I dont agree with Hussain's policy of winning at any cost and if that means using controversial issues to upset the opposition's mental balance! Hope Vaughan doesnt think the way Hussain does!
Well it is called mind games, and Nasser Hussain was the king in that regard. I know its not very sporting, but takes place in every sport today.

Already Bob Woolmer (former England batsman) has started the war of words by stating that Sachin Tendulkar is not comfortable with the ball seaming back with pace. (Cricinfo)

Half-century for Strauss before Lunch, and Vaughan scoring some quick runs and unbeaten. So far so good, and hopefully they can pile on some more over the rest of the day and the batsman can get themselves into good knick.

One big plus for England is that despite giving Shoaib Malik a load of easy wickets in the test series, they did negotiate Kaneria much better as the series wore on, and having spent the summer practicing against Warne and Merlin, they may find the spin doesn't cause them the problems everyone is anticipating. If thats the case, then I can not see the India quicks doing more damage than an Akhtar, Lee, or McGrath.

Providing my optimism holds true, England could find themselves in a far stronger position during the test series than people are predicting. Unfortunately it's not that easy, but It would be nice if it was :)

Users who are viewing this thread