Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Some of these comments are ridiculous. You people have no clue. We have had 1 day and your saying the game is over. How dissapointing.

There is still 3 more innings in this match after we have completed the 1st one. Englands bowling is still strong, and we can get India out.

Dont rule out anything yet.

Good job by the Indian bowlers.
Iam surprised by th fact that the Indian fast bowlers took so many wickets .

I have not seen even one ball of the match and unfortunately will not b able to do so for the next 2 days.
What is irritating is that there is no channel which is providing any highlights.
Do you guys know which channels shows highlights of the day`s play in India ?

Iam very disappointed with the quality of the coverage (from whatever little I saw in the news) .
Who are the commentators ?

246/7 is not a poor position . With Harmisson and Flintof in the opposition lineup, England have almost the same bowling lineup as the one in the Ashes (barring Jones).

Why was the RR so slow today ? With Pietersen and Flintoff in the lineup, you expect it to be better.
Is the pitch turning or is it slow turn .

aditya123 said:
What is irritating is that there is no channel which is providing any highlights.
Do you guys know which channels shows highlights of the day`s play in India ?

Iam very disappointed with the quality of the coverage (from whatever little I saw in the news) .
Who are the commentators ?

No channel can show you the highlights because the BCCI will come out with a tender for a channel to show highlights of 90 minutes after the days play.
As of now,no channel has got the highlights package.
The commentators are the same as the ones in the India-Lanka-Africa series inshort the Doordarshan commentators along with Ian Botham and Nasser Hussain and Dean Jones.

The runrate was good in the start but fell during the day as England started losing wickets at regular intervals.

Also I would like people to remember the first test between England and Pakistan last year when the latter were bundled out for less than 300 in the first innings on a good batting track, England took a lead of 100+, but still lost the game in the end.

So it all depends on how England bowl and India bat in their first innings.

iceman_waugh said:
No channel can show you the highlights because the BCCI will come out with a tender for a channel to show highlights of 90 minutes after the days play.
As of now,no channel has got the highlights package.
The commentators are the same as the ones in the India-Lanka-Africa series inshort the Doordarshan commentators along with Ian Botham and Nasser Hussain and Dean Jones.
absolute nonsense.
Do they want test cricket`s popularity to go down in India ?
Not everyone can watch the matches live.
You`v got to have some channel showing H/Ls .

i think india is gonna win oh yeah pietersen look's a little bit funny going hairless he looked much better with the skunk hair

hasun300 said:
i think india is gonna win oh yeah pietersen look's a little bit funny going hairless he looked much better with the skunk hair

Never you mind about Pietersen's haircut! If England's bowlers play extremely well then England have a chance. Today though was a good day in some ways for England. Alisdair Cook got a decent score, Flintoff has performed much better with the bat and Collingwood is really into his stride at the moment.

Guys here?s a fact, --> I am supporting England First time in my whole life, :p Go England! Even tho they don?t have much of a chance to win, but still there?s a hope.

What do you mean there's not a hope! England can still get 300+ if Hoggard can bat a good innings like he did against the BP XI. Collingwood could get a century if he plays extremely well with the bat. Panesar & Harmison could still have semi-decent innings :p

if you please read again what i said , i said "There IS A HOPE" ^. :rolleyes:

My Bad :p

There is a bright side to all of this and that is that we are getting some really good young players coming in at the moment. Some sides are struggling to find good young players, or if they do have some they don't have many.

aditya123 said:
Why was the RR so slow today ? With Pietersen and Flintoff in the lineup, you expect it to be better.
Is the pitch turning or is it slow turn .

You can't always score fast, different matches call for different batting styles. Although Strauss and Cook went off at 5+ rpo, but then that was because of some medium pace tripe at the start.

Match is far from over, you can't say it is until India have batted.

"
hondeyho said:
What do you mean there's not a hope! England can still get 300+ if Hoggard can bat a good innings like he did against the BP XI. Collingwood could get a century if he plays extremely well with the bat. Panesar & Harmison could still have semi-decent innings :p

To quote the great Navjot Singh Sidhu "If ifs and buts were pots and pans, there would be no tinkers!" :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread