Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
India will look to post a big 1st innings score. You don't want to chase too much on the last day.

saisrini80 said:
Great day for India!

The way England started, I thought they would be only 3 to 4 down for a score of over 300 or so. Then we it was 110/3, I thought well India might sneak in just 1 or 2 more wickets and still England will be at a good score of 270-280 for 4 or 5 wickets.

It has become easy for many to not credit the Indian bowling. Indian bowling has been perceived as the weak link of the Indian cricket team. So even when they do well, one tends to overlook that and blame the opposition batsmen's poor shot selection, etc. The fact is that, after the first hour, the Indian bowlers settled down to a very good rhythm and denied the England batsmen easy runs. The pressure was put upon England by the Indian bowlers and Rahul Dravid's imaginative captaincy (he brought in Sreesanth for Harbhajan and Sreesanth stuck in his first over removing Pietersen!).

Seems like Irfan is learning from the Pakistani experience. Yes, the English batsmen are less equipped to handle sub continental conditions, but on such a flat pitch, its tough for the fast bowlers and I have not seen Pathan reversing the ball much, so a good effort.

I still have doubts on whether India would be able to dislodge Collingwood and Hoggard because Hoggard can bat and Collingwood is on a score of 50+.So the first session is very important tomorrow. If India dislodge Hoggard and/pr Collingwood early, then they put two steps forward towards victory! If England can get to 350 and above, then they will feel optimistic of their chances of bowling India out. Remember its India who have to bat the fourth innings on this pitch.

So England are not out of the game yet! England supporters, dont lose hope! If Sreesanth and Pathan can reverse swing the ball, certainly Flintoff and Hoggard might also be able to!

Enjoyed a free Day 1 telecast on Dish Network! I dont think it would remain from now on! It was enjoyable!

Thats actually a good sign in another way too. Freddy too may not get reverse swing which means if India stay patient they could have a massive total.

Well England's batting did a lot better against Australia during the summer. No offence, but if KP, Strauss and co. were able to handle the pressure then, I dont see why they cant do it now?? As good as India's bowling is, it cant really match that of the Australians.

This is where the two key terms "confidence" and "momentum" comes into picture. England were on a role then, but the Pakistan series and the current injury problems seem to have down their morale.

A spark is needed, and in Freddie Flintoff, England have the just the man who can do it.

I'm quite confident that Collingwood and Hoggy are going to stay in a bit tomorrow morning, if we can get Colly to a 70-80 ish i'd be happy. We need to look for 350-400 from here, anything higher is asking far too much. Let's hope Montys going to rip it.

m_vaughan said:
Well England's batting did a lot better against Australia during the summer. No offence, but if KP, Strauss and co. were able to handle the pressure then, I dont see why they cant do it now?? As good as India's bowling is, it cant really match that of the Australians.

This is where the two key terms "confidence" and "momentum" comes into picture. England were on a role then, but the Pakistan series and the current injury problems seem to have down their morale.

A spark is needed, and in Freddie Flintoff, England have the just the man who can do it.

Why on earth do you compare Indian attack to Australia?
They are two different bowling attacks, Pathan/co. rely on swing rather than pace. Its a relatively young attack. Kumble/Bhajji are way different to Warne.

Comparing two things that are not similar is Stupid!

England cannot be a world-class team if they cannot strike back. Bad tour in Pakistan doesn't mean you can take that as an excuse. Whatever you have, you have to play with it. There was so much pre-match hype from Strauss, Vaughan and Fletcher...on how prepared they were for the Indian tour.

Spirited performances from Cook and Collingwood..and failures do occur. Pieterson, Strauss and Flintoff are capable of doing more...but you cannot simply bring up excuses.

Incase people compare....Indian attack, as weak as it is compared to Aussie, still managed to restrict England, on a good batting track. Their batsmen are talented and experienced, Cook, Pieterson, Flintoff, Bell, COllingwood and Strauss are consistent performers in county level and in international cricket as well.

Give credit where it is due.

For second day...India will be looking to wrap up the innings, while England will look to add few more runs.

Great day for India! Great bowling by our bowlers. Hope India will get England all out under 300 runs tomorrow. And, how come there was less bounce for Pathan? Most of the times the ball was carrying to Dhoni after few bounces. Pathan didn't look that good in the beginning but still picked up 3 wickets. And, Sreesanth was struggling little bit in the beginning but after the lunch he bowled really well and the bounce was good for him. But, why didn't Pathan get any bounce?

I didn't know this, but Sreesanth has one two different sized feet-one 11 and the other 12. He was able to reverse the ball as well!

Sreesanth was bowling at a speed that Pathan is used to, in the first session! He was bowling at 130 odd kmph! But after the fall of Strauss, he really picked up pace and that wicket of Pietersen was at 87.1 mph (139 odd kmph)....

He looks really promising. With more matches, he will gain experience also and that will only do him good.

prarara said:
I didn't know this, but Sreesanth has one two different sized feet-one 11 and the other 12. He was able to reverse the ball as well!

yeah, saw that too.. he was wearing an orange colored shoe on his right leg and a black one on his left.... :D Wierd!

Dhoni said:
Great day for India! Great bowling by our bowlers. Hope India will get England all out under 300 runs tomorrow. And, how come there was less bounce for Pathan? Most of the times the ball was carrying to Dhoni after few bounces. Pathan didn't look that good in the beginning but still picked up 3 wickets. And, Sreesanth was struggling little bit in the beginning but after the lunch he bowled really well and the bounce was good for him. But, why didn't Pathan get any bounce?

I was particularly impressed with Bhajji! He bowled well and didnt show any signs of that finger injury that caused him to miss the ODI's against Pakistan! He was troubling most of the batsmen!

man hopefully collingwood will give indians flashbacks of afridi!!

and harmison or flintoff give dravid and tendu flashbacks of shoaib akhtar

A lot will be on Flintoff and Panasars shoulders.
This pitch spins and reverse swings.
We have to bowl out cheaply.
Hopefully Panasar can rise to the occasion

gambino said:
man hopefully collingwood will give indians flashbacks of afridi!!

and harmison or flintoff give dravid and tendu flashbacks of shoaib akhtar

What about Akthar that they have to worry about? :D
Flintoff is one they have to watch for, Hoggard as well.

cricket_lover said:
What about Akthar that they have to worry about? :D
Flintoff is one they have to watch for, Hoggard as well.
flashbacks(remind them of akhtar)

i think u r reluctant to remember even i would be if ur best bowler dismissed my best batsmen in 2 balls!!

RoboRocks said:
A lot will be on Flintoff and Panasars shoulders.
This pitch spins and reverse swings.
We have to bowl out cheaply.
Hopefully Panasar can rise to the occasion
robo where is reddtich?

Users who are viewing this thread