Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
gambino said:
flashbacks(remind them of akhtar)

i think u r reluctant to remember even i would be if ur best bowler dismissed my best batsmen in 2 balls!!

robo where is reddtich?

?? :rolleyes:
They would like memories of Akthar, most of the time atleast...hehe, atleast Tendulkar.

The pace attack of England can be hopeful, the ball started to reverse from 15th over itself, and with the pitch being dry, and ball new, India will need a cautious, strong start.

gambino said:
so i expect u'll be at the edgbaston test then in the summer?

unfortunately i couldnt get no tickets!! damn

I can't.
I did do and see day 2 of the 2nd ashes test.
Watched Matthew Hayden get out first ball :D

Don't write out Jaffer, he played quite well against the pace trio in the warm up match.
He can provide a good start for India. I would love to see Laxman taking on the spinners...coming down the track and hitting ball towards mid-off boundary (brings back memories of playing against Warne :p)

gambino said:
man hopefully collingwood will give indians flashbacks of afridi!!

and harmison or flintoff give dravid and tendu flashbacks of shoaib akhtar

Yup. Afridi's beautiful 19 and 18 in the ODIs were great!

saisrini80 said:
Sreesanth was bowling at a speed that Pathan is used to, in the first session! He was bowling at 130 odd kmph! But after the fall of Strauss, he really picked up pace and that wicket of Pietersen was at 87.1 mph (139 odd kmph)....

He looks really promising. With more matches, he will gain experience also and that will only do him good.

yeah, saw that too.. he was wearing an orange colored shoe on his right leg and a black one on his left.... :D Wierd!

I was particularly impressed with Bhajji! He bowled well and didnt show any signs of that finger injury that caused him to miss the ODI's against Pakistan! He was troubling most of the batsmen!

Yeah Bhajji bowled beautifully and troubled most of the English batsmen. But, I didn't enjoy watching Pathan's bowling. In the beginning it was like a school boy was bowling, but after lunch he got little bit better. He needs to increase his pace and bounce then he'll be very good.

prarara said:
Yup. Afridi's beautiful 19 and 18 in the ODIs were great!
so was his 102 from 45 balls and his 109 in toronto!!
and many more which i cant be bothered to type!!

lahor 100 from 80 balls

faisalabad 156

444421(could have broken record but decided for single off last ball!!)

gambino said:

Well I hope india gives england a flash back of their pakistan tour... well this indian side is more equipped to give a more sound beating than what pakistan gave to england..

cricket_lover said:
Don't write out Jaffer, he played quite well against the pace trio in the warm up match.
He can provide a good start for India. I would love to see Laxman taking on the spinners...coming down the track and hitting ball towards mid-off boundary (brings back memories of playing against Warne :p)

well i dont expect laxman to do that!

if he does, then england will face a dangerous situation.... laxman can be devastating when he does that!

after jaffer's great domestic performances, i am optimistic of a good show from him. hope he doesnt disappoint!

Dhoni said:
Yeah Bhajji bowled beautifully and troubled most of the English batsmen. But, I didn't enjoy watching Pathan's bowling. In the beginning it was like a school boy was bowling, but after lunch he got little bit better. He needs to increase his pace and bounce then he'll be very good.

He bowled much much better after lunch... He got the ball to reverse and I have not seen him do that!

Its ominous signs for india and i am thankful that simon jones isnt here playing. still flintoff is there who can reverse swing the ball well.. with jones and flintoff together, it would be a really tough test for the indians once the ball gets old!

gambino said:

lahor 100 from 80 balls

faisalabad 156

The highest score in test matches has been some 900 odd made by Sri Lanka against India in 1997! I dont think any team achieved a score like 444421 in test matches let alone a single player? :rolleyes:

Anyways, should be an interesting day 2!

gambino said:

lahor 100 from 80 balls

faisalabad 156

Lolz...abay sallay pakistani teri kee problem hai? Your Afridi is crap. OK? Go check his average on cricinof.com even most of the Bangladeshi lower order batsmen got better batting average than your Afridi. Don't forget, Dhoni bhai Afridi ka baap hai. Afridi is a slugger and that's it! Let Manuf, VRV and Chawla come in the side then I want to see how well your slugger plays. Who did he hit those runs to... Zehere, Agarkar, Nehra and Balaji. Who says they're even bowlers? I don't know how they even got a chance to play for the team. Those are shitty bowlers. Even Bangladeshi batsmen can destroy them. And, don't forget we just destroyed your Pakistan 4-1 few weeks ago and few years back in the war. Hope Sri Lankan will do the same and I'll have a party. One more thing, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't post in this thread. You people are not allowed in here. Just go and chill with Inzi.

Last edited:
Dhoni said:
Lolz...abay sallay pakistani teri kee problem hai? Your Afridi is crap. OK? Go check his average on cricinof.com even most of the Bangladeshi lower order batsmen got better batting average than your Afridi. Don't forget, Dhoni bhai Afridi ka baap hai. Afridi is a slugger and that's it! Let Manuf, VRV and Chawla come in the side then I want to see how well your slugger plays. Who did he hit those runs to... Zehere, Agarkar, Nehra and Balaji. Who says they're even bowlers? I don't know how they even got a chance to play for the team. Those are shitty bowlers. Even Bangladeshi batsmen can destroy them. And, don't forget we just have destroyed your Pakistan 4-1 few weeks ago. Hope Sri Lankan will do the same and I'll have a party. One more thing, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't post in this thread. You people are not allowed in here. Just go and chill with Inzi.
Same could be said about you :rolleyes:

Afridi played a lot better in the tests than Dhoni. Your Dhoni's only century came when Younis had moved most of fielders in to take wickets and Dhoni was free to hit boundaries, and he still did it slower than Afridi. When Afridi was batting, all the fielders were on the boundary, every time he batted, and he still had two centuries and a 50 in the series. He sucked in ODIs due to injury.

Back to the match at hand. I expect England to make a comeback in the next inning but I doubt it will be enough to win. India might struggle against the England pace attack.

inzi_fan said:
Same could be said about you :rolleyes:

Afridi played a lot better in the tests than Dhoni. Your Dhoni's only century came when Younis had moved most of fielders in to take wickets and Dhoni was free to hit boundaries, and he still did it slower than Afridi. When Afridi was batting, all the fielders were on the boundary, every time he batted, and he still had two centuries and a 50 in the series. He sucked in ODIs due to injury.

Back to the match at hand. I expect England to make a comeback in the next inning but I doubt it will be enough to win. India might struggle against the England pace attack.
Aabay inzi motto ke fan tu chup kar. Ok? Don't compare Dhoni with your slugger Afridi. You're insulting Dhoni by don't that.

Ok, let?s get back to the topic. Can't wait for 2nd day to start. Hope Indian batting will be much better.

English only and watch your language please.

@ Inzi fan - can you please either resize your signature to comply with the rules (300x100) or remove it.

Last edited:
gambino said:

And both combined can give flashbacks of the ODI thrashing they gave Pakistan :D

inzi_fan said:

Please dont compare both the innings. Both were equally good. Dhoni's innings was under more pressure than that of Afridi's. While Afridi was a bit more destroying but he could afford to play like that while Dhoni could not. I would count both at par.

Dhoni said:
Lolz...abay sallay pakistani teri kee problem hai? Your Afridi is crap. OK? Go check his average on cricinof.com even most of the Bangladeshi lower order batsmen got better batting average than your Afridi. Don't forget, Dhoni bhai Afridi ka baap hai. Afridi is a slugger and that's it! Let Manuf, VRV and Chawla come in the side then I want to see how well your slugger plays. Who did he hit those runs to... Zehere, Agarkar, Nehra and Balaji. Who says they're even bowlers? I don't know how they even got a chance to play for the team. Those are shitty bowlers. Even Bangladeshi batsmen can destroy them. And, don't forget we just destroyed your Pakistan 4-1 few weeks ago and few years back in the war. Hope Sri Lankan will do the same and I'll have a party. One more thing, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't post in this thread. You people are not allowed in here. Just go and chill with Inzi.

The Indian bowlers may not be the best in the world and they may not have been in the best of form but calling them no good is not justifiable. Anyways why would you blame Nehra and Balaji both of them who were injured.

Why you insult Balaji is completely beyond me. The guy won us the test series in the previous tour to Pakistan.He was the one getting most of the top order out, while most of Pathans wickets were tail enders.Not discounting Pathans performance,I'll rate Balaji higher in that tour. People have such myopic memories :rolleyes: .

Anyways, please do post in english and do give proper respect to the players as well as other forum members. You may not like Afridi, but please avoid such distasteful remarks.

Dhoni said:

abbe salle indian chup ker afrdi ne to mcgratrh ki bhi parri he kumle warne our murli ki butt parri he to munaf kia cheez he dont make me laugh
england peole listen dont worry
all indian bats man are scared of your bowling
thats why they made batting pitches so they can get protect from your bolwers
and i think zaheer, nehra all were bowlers in 2004 when they won the series in 2004 against pak what happened now just because the are not winning matches for you it doesnot mean that they are not bowlers

indain are lions when they play at home
but they look babby when the play out side of continent

i hope flintoff shine tomorrow
my all prayrs are with him
hey freedie come on rock india

Dhoni said:

bajji is the worst bowler ever
when he play out side of continent
suck bowler ever kumble bajji looks kid infront of afridi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread