• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
cricket_lover said:
Hamirson doing a useful cameo there, 25 of 17 balls right now. England has passed the 300 mark, some confidence now for them.

That was frustrating for Sreesanth seeing a tail ender cart him for 12 runs in that over!

I was hoping for a total less than 300. Well I hope its less than 350 now! England are slowly winning this first session on Day 2.

India's batsmen will definitely face a tough time against Harmisson, don't know how Hoggard will go on this pitch. Flintoff as always will be a threat. See those guys off and India could have a field day with the rest of the bowlers.

Big question can Collingwood make his maiden 100. Hes a bit like Pathan in that he can't convert these good starts into 100s.

Well Harmison's little escapade is over, with an attempted slog down the ground, resulting in a regulation stumping. Lets see how Panesar goes with the bat, I hear he's rather incompetent ;)

Poor Collingwood looks like he won't be getting that 100. Hes going to need to do some big hitting to get there if what has been said about Panesar is right.

Good knock from Hamirson, it should boost the confidence and give them something to bowl at.
You can expect a run-feast, looking at the wicket but it all depends on how Indians start the chase. Few wickets early and things can tilt easily.
We are in for some interesting cricket from now on.

I dont understand, how come these tailenders always manage to perform against India. It happened against Lanka, then Pak now england

Btw who else is england missing besides their captain

yea, India needs to work on that. It has been happening against us consistently, starting with Gillespie in 2001 tour. Do we lose that fire? or is just that the tailenders are very stubborn?

Trescothick, Simon Jones and Ashley Giles as well as Vaughan are missing from this match with injury. But I suppose Giles doesn't count as h ewasn'r with the touring squad. Well atleast England have forged a recovery to an extent, furstrating India and dictating terms a little. However India remain on top. And South Africa also need to figure out how to finish off an innings, maybe it's complacency, losing focus or something else, but it's something to be worked on.

Last edited:
donkey said:
I dont understand, how come these tailenders always manage to perform against India. It happened against Lanka, then Pak now england

Tailenders these days are improving their batting hence them being hard to get out. Gillespie is one of the hardest around. Harmisson is a good slogger.

Excellent century by Collingwood! England past 350 now.

Yes congrats to Collingwood making his maiden 100. This guy really has talent with the bat which I saw a while ago. Good thing England just noticed him for test matches :)

yeah a tremendous innings by collingwood......when the chips were down.. :clap
look out the indian opening pair :boxing

Last edited:
Great batting by England in the first session! Fully belongs to them the first session. The Indians havent done much wrong. It seems they were lucky yesterday with the wickets and they arent today with this flat pitch which is wearing faster!

This match is set for a real contest! India needs to bowl England out soon now and look to bat really well. They cant take this lightly anymore! The contest is now exciting!

donkey said:

Even the Indian tail enders had improved in recent times, Harbhajan, Kumble, Agarkar, Zaheer, Balaji, etc have batted decently in recent times. So tail enders have been improving in recent times!

What a superb iining by Paul Collingwood. Freddie was very happy with England coming back into the game and plus Collingwood hundred's. 3 Sixes off to Bajji. Wow. Hope India get rid last wicket straight after the lunch. So who will most likely open Dravid-Shewag or Jaffer-Shewag.

Users who are viewing this thread