Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
newzolt said:
well
Laxman.....inside edge,Dravid.....going down the leg side.....but then that's how it goes.

Sounds familar to another series but India are the home side. How come England are getting the rub of the green these days.

Probably this could be the biggest turnarounds in English cricket.Andrew Flintoff could
be the man who can take this English side to another level.

Australia have been doing this for ages. It a worry to see the English have caught on. Their tail wagged them all the way to 393 just like the Aussie one would usually do. Now their bowlers have got their tails up and ripped through India. Again just like what the Aussies would do if given a chance to get back into the game.

India almost in a hole here!

But dont lose hope! Irfan is there with Kaif! Hope he remains there! If he can, then I think India have a chance of getting close to the England total of 393. Kaif has to stay put in the middle and Irfan has to give him good support. Its definitely possible!

Wow, fantastic stuff from Hoggard and England. Brave captaincy from Flintoff. He was attacking well. But Dravid got the wrong side of the green. The ball was going down leg side. Laxman was out, no doubt abt that! Tendulkar, well that was a great decision. He was upset first, but I am sure if he sees the replays, he will know that it was a great decision!

Jaffer had it written in his fate that he would not be LBW this innings. I thought Flintoff had him plumb in front when he bowled round the wicket! Even yesterday Jaffer survived an LBW decision that was OUT!

England right on top here! But remember this is a test match and before you know it, things happen too quickly! Not good shot from Dhoni though! He lost his wicket to the crowd. The crowd were behind him always. And after that four, it got more vociferous and Dhoni got out because of that when he went after another delivery and edged it!

vibs89 said:
OMG!!! Tendulkar gone. Well I think England have pretty more chances to win this test.

India are not No.3 for nothing! I expect a fight back here from Kaif and Pathan!

Remember, the swing now is lesser than what it was in the morning! It was visible and the commentators also were saying that! The swing is lesser visible than what it was in the morning first hour! So I think Kaif and Pathan stand a better chance of fighting back here!

Wonderful swing bowling by Hoggard. The Dravid wicket he may have been a lucky but his Laxman first baller was a brilliant yorker length delivery. Great to see Panesar pick up a wicket and that especially of Tendulkar. He probably deserved 2 wickets as he has bowled very well in his first test. Panesar could be England's answer to a spinner and expect him to tour down under later in the year for the ashes.

Sachin failed once again, i guess we should be prepared to see him fail on most occasion, though he will come up with some brilliant innings on rare occasions.

India really in a hole, but then they should remember than England too were once in a bad situation and came out of it thanks to great effort by Colly and the tail. I hope Kaif,Pathan and the tail will do the same for India.

From being down in the dumps, England have taken firm control of this game. Remind anyone of Karachi? Heh. India still need 3 runs to avoid the follow-on. ;) Thanfully they are not the Zimbabwe team that lost to Kenya a day ago, or that would be quite possibly a consideration. :)

The onus is now on Pathan to stick around and show his all-round capabilities, while Kaif has got a perfect opportunity to redeem the faith that the selectors have put on him, and make it a contest for Yuvraj in the next game. I hope India are able to climb out of this situation, but any hope of gaining a firm wrest on the match is now gone. And this puts a lot of pressure on our bowlers in the second innings.

gaurav_indian said:
Everyone knows Australia is still the best side in the world cricket.
And I have eight fingers and two thumbs.

Hats off to England and Hoggard. India has one of the best batting lineups in the world, and at home they are all the more dangerous. But this morning's spell by Hoggard has shown just what he can do with the swinging ball. People (including me at times) right him off when conditions are not favourable, but when they are, there are few players who can handle him. Great bowling by him, Flintoff and Panesar, England's very own spin king, to put the hosts on the backfoot in this game.

England have a good chance of taking this game now, but we have to remember that we still have to pick 14 Indian wickets, and even though India will have to bat last on this wicket, It'll will take some doing. Also we saw how the England tail and Collingwood frustated the Indian bowlers yesterday, so its important England take the remaining four wickets quickly.

Come on England!! I had probably written them off a bit too early, but they have proved me wrong.

sohummisra said:
From being down in the dumps, England have taken firm control of this game. Remind anyone of Karachi? Heh. India still need 3 runs to avoid the follow-on. ;) Thanfully they are not the Zimbabwe team that lost to Kenya a day ago, or that would be quite possibly a consideration. :)

The onus is now on Pathan to stick around and show his all-round capabilities, while Kaif has got a perfect opportunity to redeem the faith that the selectors have put on him, and make it a contest for Yuvraj in the next game. I hope India are able to climb out of this situation, but any hope of gaining a firm wrest on the match is now gone. And this puts a lot of pressure on our bowlers in the second innings.

Well India are not out of the match yet!

Well Laxman is seriously in line! If Kaif succeeds here, it would make it more serious for Laxman.

m_vaughan said:
England have a good chance of taking this game now, but we have to remember that we still have to pick 14 Indian wickets, and even though India will have to bat last on this wicket, It'll will take some doing. Also we saw how the England tail and Collingwood frustated the Indian bowlers yesterday, so its important England take the remaining four wickets quickly.

Come on England!! I had probably written them off a bit too early, but they have proved me wrong.

Well I agree that England have been written off too early! They still look a very good side without Trescothick, Vaughan and Jones!

OMG...what's going on there? India 190/6. We're definitely out of this game. But no problem this is Indian team. They like to give heart-attack to their fans. Kaif and Pathan are still at the crease and will have to do what Collingwood did for England. Come on India!!!
OMG...Flintoff is swinging the ball a lot. Two appeals but not given. I hope India will get close to England total and then Pathan to swing the ball like Flintoff and Hoggard did.

EDIT: Nooo. Pathan gone! Another wicket for Hoggard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread