Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
We seem to have a troll in our midst. Waim Akram is Jan in case anyone is wondering. I've banned the account and Jan is now on full mod preview and very close to a ban himself.

New ball has been taken, England should wrap this up nicely now.

Hoggard is back into the attack :D

Before he takes the new ball.
I'm starting to have concerns again about Geraint Jones. The arguement has always been that his batting makes up for the catches he drops but look at his average over the last year:
4 50's and an average of 27 (compared to a career average of 30)

Frankly that isn't good enough considering how much his keeping continues to cost us.

If he hadn't of dropped Kumble then we would be batting at the moment. At first I thought that it was hard to catch but now that I've seen it again and again I think that Geraint Jones needs to make up for it.

barmyarmy said:
I'm starting to have concerns again about Geraint Jones. The arguement has always been that his batting makes up for the catches he drops but look at his average over the last year:

Frankly that isn't good enough considering how much his keeping continues to cost us.
Yes thats true. Last year wasnt his best, but then your career figures do tend to go down when you play Australia.

barmyarmy said:

Only just starting to have doubts?
I'm reading Duncan Fletcher's book on the Ashes atm and in it he says that Jones takes a lot of unfair criticism and that Fletcher is a believer in being able to make a wicket-keeper out of a batsman more than vice-versa. Another possibly costly drop today shows they're not making a very good job of it.

Good fightback from Kaif & Kumble!

I am disappointed with Pathan's shot. It was a time when he had to grind it out in the middle. Instead he chose to play his shots and paid the price for it!

A very crucial final session of this test here! England still right on top but if India get to over 300 without any more loss of a wicket, then the match opens up even more. Kaif has to carry on the good work if he has to cement his place in the test side and seriously challenge Laxman for his place! Kumble also has to make up for his average performance with the ball by staying out there! Well there is no demons on this wicket and both batsmen are set! So its possible for India to cross 300 and beyond!

India: 252/7. Kaif and Kumble are at the crease and fighting. India are at the same stage where England were when they started day 2, but their tail enders and Collingwood helped them to 393. Now it's up to Kaif, Kumble and Bhajji to do the same. India should look to get close and closer to the target. I'm very disappointed with Pathan and Dhoni, not because they got out but for poor shot selections.

jonah said:
Only just starting to have doubts?
I'm reading Duncan Fletcher's book on the Ashes atm and in it he says that Jones takes a lot of unfair criticism and that Fletcher is a believer in being able to make a wicket-keeper out of a batsman more than vice-versa. Another possibly costly drop today shows they're not making a very good job of it.

My post says again.

This is really frustrating for England. They have to remove Kumble or Kaif quick or otherwise they could take the advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread