Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Absolute ripper by Monty to remove Kaif who played brilliantly for his 91. Ripped off the pitch but it would be a worrying sign for the English batsman's as there is still Harbajan and Kumble to bowl on this pitch. Excellent contribution by Kumble and once again the tail-enders are proving to be necessities in the modern game. England on top atm and need to extend the lead to a minimum of 290 if they are going to bowl out the indian batting lineup.

tsyrmas said:
poor captaincy from Flintoff. Why is he bowling Bell when he is trying to get rid of the tail?

Bell actually has a good knack of picking up wickets at county level, plus the bowlers in that heat need a rest occasionaly.

stevie said:
What a great end to the day if you're an England fan! Should mean the lads come out full of confidence tomorrow. Just saw the Geraint Jones drop on Sky Sports News...if he goes with two hands he catches it, wish he'd stop going with one hand! :mad:
There was too little time to react and get it with both hands.

aussie1st said:
Sounds familar to another series but India are the home side. How come England are getting the rub of the green these days.

Obviously a pay off to the umpires :rolleyes:

2 decisions against India.
2 Against England.

Flintoff being out wasn't, and Jaffer was plumb to Panesar early on.

These things work themselves out, and like Bumble was saying if you brought in techonology to full use tests could be over in 2 days regularly.

Oh! What a day it has been! Absolutely superb!

England are ahead at the moment but at the end of Day 2, India were ahead, so great fightback by England! But there was a fightback within a fightback! Kaif and Kumble batted superbly! Kumble looked great at the crease and he is largely responsible along with Kaif for opening up the possibility of an Indian victory here at nagpur!

Its not over yet! I would have liked Kaif to have scored a bit more faster today! He took ages to get out of that 70's. He was bogged down by Panesar's negative line tactics. I hope Sreesanth tomorrow comes out and gives as much strike as possible to Harbhajan and I hope Harbhajan goes wild at the bowling of England and tries to eat up as much runs from the deficit as possible!

Its very tough batting on this wicket and if India can get England out for 150 odd, then the match will be certainly on the wire!

Well, I pray it doesnt rain the next two days at Nagpur. Rain is forecast for tomorrow, but plz Rain keep away from Nagpur! We are watching a riveting contest here at Nagpur!

kodos said:
Absolute ripper by Monty to remove Kaif who played brilliantly for his 91. Ripped off the pitch but it would be a worrying sign for the English batsman's as there is still Harbajan and Kumble to bowl on this pitch. Excellent contribution by Kumble and once again the tail-enders are proving to be necessities in the modern game. England on top atm and need to extend the lead to a minimum of 290 if they are going to bowl out the indian batting lineup.

Thats tough. England have to grind it out just like their Indian counterparts! The pitch is hard to bat on and the only way of scoring is to get set in the middle and grind it out! So if England have to score 290, they have to bat out whole day tomorrow and may be into the 5th day which will easily let India play it to a draw!

Turbanation said:
:eek: Panesar is doing good. Kaif clean bowled!

Getting wickets when needed, even on a slow pitch!

Encouraging signs for Harbhajan and Kumble with that wicket of Kaif! :cool:

England need to bat and bat tommorow and get a lead of 250-300, then declare with Monty Panasar with a huge part to play.

Good fightback by India but definitely England's day. At the start we were talking about 500 odd and batting til tea tomorrow. Now England have given themselves a chance with the great bowling this morning. Draw's still most likely but bearing in mind that both batting orders have collapsed when the pitch was behaving who know's what will happen if it starts to break up or turn?

The 2nd innings totals are going to be lower, both teams we are looking at 200+.

The pitch is severely Deteriorating. Batsman can hit a shot then turn around at look at the ball go over the boundary!

Panesar did bowl well on a slow wicket. If you see both his wickets, its not the turn that beat the batsmen but the variation in flight and speed. So I dont think England should be too bothered about Harbhajan.

Like was mentioned above, the best way to bat on this wicket is to grind it out. If England get the last wicket quickly tomorrow (below 330), then they should first try to get 130-150 without losing too many wickets and then go for their shots. I think a target of 250+ will be difficult to chase for India.

However a draw seems most likely for India. For England it would be as good as a win though. Great performance from two debutants in Panesar and Cook. Hoggard proved once again why he is the king of swing, and Flintoff did a fine job as both captain and bowler.

m_vaughan said:
However a draw seems most likely for India. For England it would be as good as a win though.

I reckon India will get England out for a low total, which will leave the win there for India.

m_vaughan said:
So I dont think England should be too bothered about Harbhajan.

M Panesar = Slow Left Arm
H Singh = Off Spin

You can't doubt him that much, even if there is no turn Harbhajan will make an hard effort.

England's collapses typically come in the fourth innings when they are chasing the match. They have a considerably better record when they bat first.

I think how the match has been turned even the English supporters didn't expect. Hopefully there will come a result from this match.

Game wide open now , after the Kumble-Kaif partnership.
England , though have ended th day on a high by picking up Kaif.
I hope Bhajji and Sreesanth stick it out and take the deficit below 50 .
Another 20 runs or even 15 could just make the lead look a lot smaller and the Indian bowling will be a handful on the wearing day 4 track .
Kumble will be on a high and I would bet on him taking a 5 wicket haul in the 2nd innings to take him to the 500 wicket mark.

Another rivetting contest in progress .

RAIN RAIN GO AWAY ! INDIA AND ENGLAND WANT TO PLAY !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread