• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
The_gas said:
I dont want to get my todger out and wave it in the indian faces, mainly because they are all male, but i feel that England have the upper hand, just. However its likely to end in a draw methinks.
Good to see you haven't changed Matt :D

If there is no rain tomorrow then I expect some magic balls from Pathan that he bowled against Pakistan at Karachi and Kumble and Bhajji to do what they usually do on days 4 and 5. Come on India!!! We're not out of this game anymore after Kaif and Kumble's stunning partnership.

Great day for England, could of been even better though. Nevertheless, I am very proud of what this team has done considering all the injuries, withdrawls, etc.

If we get a 50 run+ lead I have every confidence in our batsmen because India's seamers arent of the quality of Englands. Also, our batsmen played India's "spin twins" very well in the first innings. a 300 run lead would do nicely if possible.

JamesyJames3 said:
Great day for England, could of been even better though. Nevertheless, I am very proud of what this team has done considering all the injuries, withdrawls, etc.

If we get a 50 run+ lead I have every confidence in our batsmen because India's seamers arent of the quality of Englands. Also, our batsmen played India's "spin twins" very well in the first innings. a 300 run lead would do nicely if possible.
If England wants to win this match, they will have to put up a total that has possibilities of being chased and then their bowlers will have to get India all out to win. If England set India a huge total which is impossible to chase then definitely this match will end up with a draw because then the Indian batsmen will not look to score runs and block every ball.

Dhoni said:
If England wants to win this match, they will have to put up a total that has possibilities of being chased and then their bowlers will have to get India all out to win. If England set India a huge total which is impossible to chase then definitely this match will end up with a draw because then the Indian batsmen will not look to score runs and block every ball.

300 lead can be got in a day if we get a lead. Then give India the final day to bat, when it will be at its hardest. India really struggled against Englands bowlers today, and its only going to get harder!

Dhoni said:

So you don't expect the best seam attack around to be able to knock you over on a 4th/5th day pitch if the target is big? Remember what happened this morning? Hoggy bowled supurbly and tore you apart, who says he won't do it again? If Harmison gets anywhere near his best he'll be a huge threat and I don't think I need to say anything about Flintoff. Then you've got Panesar who's bowled supurbly in this game.

We've still got to set you a decent target yet, but don't be so cofident about it being a certain draw IF you're set a big target.

JamesyJames3 said:
300 lead can be got in a day if we get a lead. Then give India the final day to bat, when it will be at its hardest. India really struggled against Englands bowlers today, and its only going to get harder!
stevie said:
So you don't expect the best seam attack around to be able to knock you over on a 4th/5th day pitch if the target is big? Remember what happened this morning? Hoggy bowled supurbly and tore you apart, who says he won't do it again? If Harmison gets anywhere near his best he'll be a huge threat and I don't think I need to say anything about Flintoff. Then you've got Panesar who's bowled supurbly in this game.

We've still got to set you a decent target yet, but don't be so cofident about it being a certain draw IF you're set a big target.

You both have to agree Dravid wasn't out. I bet he would have made a century. And, I don't think Dhoni and Pathan are going to fail in every innings. Jaffer looked really good in the first inning. Laxman can score runs if it's his day and Sachin is god, he can do anything at anytime he needs to. So, don't expect an easy victory for England this soon. We'll have to wait and see. This match has been great so far even better than test matches in Pakistan. I hope there will be no rain tomorrow. Come on India!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for DHONI show. :D

Last edited:
Dhoni said:
Man you have to agree Dravid wasn't out. I bet he would have made a century. And, I don't think Dhoni and Pathan are going to fail in every innings. Jaffer looked really good in the first inning. Laxman can score runs if it's his day and Sachin is god, he can do anything at anytime he needs to. So, don't expect an easy victory for England this soon. We'll have to wait and see. This match has been great so far even better than test matches in Pakistan. I hope there will be no rain tomorrow. Come on India!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say we were going to win. You were the one being over-confident, arrogant even (my speciality). Why do I have to agree Dravid wasn't out? Looked pretty much out from my view. The umpire put his finger up didn't he? Flintoff wasn't out anyway and he was on 40 just like Dravid. It evens itself out.

I can't believe some of the stuff you Indian supporters say, like it is impossible for a batsmen to fail in both innings. Unbelieveable.

Dhoni said:
You both have to agree Dravid wasn't out. I bet he would have made a century. And, I don't think Dhoni and Pathan are going to fail in every innings. Jaffer looked really good in the first inning. Laxman can score runs if it's his day and Sachin is god, he can do anything at anytime he needs to. So, don't expect an easy victory for England this soon. We'll have to wait and see. This match has been great so far even better than test matches in Pakistan. I hope there will be no rain tomorrow. Come on India!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for DHONI show. :D

Maybe Dravid wasn't out, but it was still a beauty. Plus I'm not expecting an easy win, if I was I would say so.

Last edited:
JamesyJames3 said:
I didn't say we were going to win. You were the one being over-confident, arrogant even (my speciality). Why do I have to agree Dravid wasn't out? Looked pretty much out from my view. The umpire put his finger up didn't he? Flintoff wasn't out anyway and he was on 40 just like Dravid. It evens itself out.

I can't believe some of the stuff you Indian supporters say, like it is impossible for a batsmen to fail in both innings. Unbelieveable.
Well, you better have watched matches against Pakistan and you'll know. Our batsmen scored tons of runs against Pakistan, the same team you guys lost ODI and Test to. Everybody knows Dravid is THE WALL. Once he gets set then nobody can get him out. He got 2 centuries against Pakistan in test and also he had a great ODI series as well.

Dhoni said:
Well, you better have watched matches against Pakistan and you'll know. Our batsmen scored tons of runs against Pakistan, the same team you guys lost ODI and Test to. Everybody knows Dravid is THE WALL. Once he gets set then nobody can get him out. He got 2 centuries against Pakistan in test and also he had a great ODI series as well.

There is something you are not realising....

England are a better team than Pakistan.

Dhoni said:

You seriously count the first two matches as tests? What a joke.

JamesyJames3 said:
There is something you are not realising....

England are a better team than Pakistan.
Are you sure? I wouldn't say you were better than them, especially after they just beat you 2-0.

Dhoni said:

Why didn't your batsmen produce the runs in this test match?

Adarsh said:
Are you sure? I wouldn't say you were better than them, especially after they just beat you 2-0.

Oh come on! Look at the rankings. Look at our records over the last 36 months. England are definately a better team than Pakistan.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Users who are viewing this thread