• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
saisrini80 said:
What makes you think England would put forward a sensational display of pace bowling against your favorite team?? I would never have such hopes on an opposition to destroy my favorite team!

I enjoy watching Fast Bowlers in Action, I expect England's Pace Attack to pose a big challenge since it's the best in the world. I also expect India to step up to the challenge. I want to watch a tough competitive game of Cricket that's all.

I can't help but admire Flintoff and the English lads. Half of their side has been depleted due to injuries namely Giles, Tremlett, Vaughny, Trescothick, and SP Jones. They have put on a great show in a very difficult situation.
Hats off to them!!!

Hoggard great stuff today, saved the match, this match is heading for a draw...."i think".

No, it will be a proper result.

2 days left, England get 200 tomorrow, India will struggle getting 250ish on Sunday.

barmyarmy said:
England's collapses typically come in the fourth innings when they are chasing the match. They have a considerably better record when they bat first.

Yeh, big test tomorrow, especially for the patience of KP.

If we get them out early tomorrow without conceding many at all, I think even 180 might be enough.

hope to see some big hitting tomorow!!
hopefully from pieterson as he dissapointed in the 1st innings!!
then if england set them a high target and india send dhoni high up the order that would be just pure entertainment!!

England would rather want a high score. 180s and 200s may not do the job, as the pitch deteriorates...and you can expect an aggressive start from Indian in the second innings.
Pace will be the key again for England.
For now, India will bank on Harbhajan to get the score close to 393 and then hope for a good bowling display, especially from the spin twins.
England hold the slight advantage right now, but it can change anytime...

You'll never know with cricket.

I don't think the game is in anyone's hands at the moment. Both teams have shown that they are capable of giving away advantages, so if the rain stays away, this match could still go either way. Secondly, it is not often that you see all of India's top order batsmen failing together. If you expect this to be a regular occurrence--you're gonna end up on the wrong side of the result.

Sureshot said:
No, it will be a proper result.

2 days left, England get 200 tomorrow, India will struggle getting 250ish on Sunday.
Yeh, big test tomorrow, especially for the patience of KP.

If we get them out early tomorrow without conceding many at all, I think even 180 might be enough.
The test seems to be heading for a draw as it's not that easy to run through the Indian batting line up once more and if England post some sort of 250 target for India to chase in the 4th innings it would be a very bold move as the likes of sehwag and dhoni are highly unlikely to fail in both innings and so does the whole Indian batting line up but such a situation would be a highly absorbing one.In such a situation you will see how the Indian play the spinners. Monty is highly accurate but seldom have we seen bounce and turn from this young lad and it will be interesting to see him bowl at the Indians in the 2nd innings.

ZexyZahid said:
Check out for the forecast for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. This will be certainly a draw.

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/INXX0093.html

We had expected rain at Nagpur yesterday but we had a bright sunny day throughout on Day 3.

So I expect the game to go on, of course with some small sprinkling of showers that eat up just 5 to 8 overs!

If the weather forecast comes true, we would have been robbed of a great test match ending! Worse, England will end up with a moral victory as they were not expected to hold the upper hand at any part of this test match! I hate it if that happens! Indians have played well in this test and the partnership btw Kaif and Kumble was stunning really!

newzolt said:
The test seems to be heading for a draw as it's not that easy to run through the Indian batting line up once more and if England post some sort of 250 target for India to chase in the 4th innings it would be a very bold move as the likes of sehwag and dhoni are highly unlikely to fail in both innings and so does the whole Indian batting line up but such a situation would be a highly absorbing one.In such a situation you will see how the Indian play the spinners. Monty is highly accurate but seldom have we seen bounce and turn from this young lad and it will be interesting to see him bowl at the Indians in the 2nd innings.

Its not still easy hitting out to the spinners. The turn is very appreciable and so its not going to be easy for Sehwag and Dhoni to successfully hit Panesar and Blackwell out of the park!

You don't have to hit them out of the park. I'm sure India will handle the spin much better this time, they got the feel for Panesar and CO.

Things would have been better if Tendulkar wasn't very over-cautious but we cannot blame him. Hoggard's initial spell mattered the most.

Depending on England's second inning's score, we can expect India to shuffle their batting line-up.
4th day will be very interesting, and should decide the fate of the match.

i dont think our our pacemen will need too many balls to dismiss india!!
they will sooner or later face sreesanth!!

my word our is cos i am born in england and england is my number 1 team and pakistani 2 cos of my roots!!

saisrini80 said:
Its not still easy hitting out to the spinners. The turn is very appreciable and so its not going to be easy for Sehwag and Dhoni to successfully hit Panesar and Blackwell out of the park!

That's true but so far Indians have not singled out the debutant panesar and if they do so he might just loose his rhythm.....someone like sehwag,dhoni or tendulkar can do this brilliantly if they face him and it would'nt be that difficult either as he is not a big turner of the bowl,he is bowling a flatter trajectory,its his debut match and in the subcontinent if you are not willing to toss the balll above the eye line of the batsmen you could face a tough time!flight is the key to success of spin bowling in the longer version of the game if you are looking for wickets.

Last edited:
I dont want to get my todger out and wave it in the indian faces, mainly because they are all male, but i feel that England have the upper hand, just. However its likely to end in a draw methinks.

gambino said:
i dont think our our pacemen will need too many balls to dismiss india!!
they will sooner or later face sreesanth!!

my word our is cos i am born in england and england is my number 1 team and pakistani 2 cos of my roots!!

i don't care about your background...but your posts, so sense-less they are, still make me laugh.
i should rather rep you for entertaining me...

Yep. I think this match will be heading for a draw (unless rain doesn't intervene).

Users who are viewing this thread