• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Dhoni said:
Better watch out from Jan and some other Pakistani fans. They're going to attack you now.:D lolz..

Ok come on! Dont go into that forbidden territory now!

England certainly have the upper hand. It all depends on how long the final Indian pair can prolong the Indian innings tomorrow morning. Of course, all eyes will be on the rain. The end of Day 3 didnt show a single sign of the rain coming. But the forecasts say so!

I speak on behalf of the Indian optmism, and I feel Harbhajan can still knock around a few runs and reduce the lead of England to 25-30 runs! Then Kumble and Harbhajan can get into the act of tyring to dismiss the English batsmen!

"Kumble and Harbhajan cant fail in both innings" :p

If England reach 250 by the end of Day 4, then certainly they will be favorites to win this first test match!

JamesyJames3 said:
Oh come on! Look at the rankings. Look at our records over the last 36 months. England are definately a better team than Pakistan.

Don't judge a book by its cover.
And, now why are you dragging England and Pakistan topic in here? It supposes to be England in India. You know, if it starts it's going to last at least 15-20 pages. I think Jan is offline other wise he would have replied by now.
:D

newzolt said:
That's true but so far Indians have not singled out the debutant panesar and if they do so he might just loose his rhythm.....someone like sehwag,dhoni or tendulkar can do this brilliantly if they face him and it would'nt be that difficult either as he is not a big turner of the bowl,he is bowling a flatter trajectory,its his debut match and in the subcontinent if you are not willing to toss the balll above the eye line of the batsmen you could face a tough time!flight is the key to success of spin bowling in the longer version of the game if you are looking for wickets.
You can't hit out on this pitch, you need to get yourself in.

KP, Dhoni and Sehwag all failing.

Dhoni said:
And, now why are you dragging England and Pakistan topic in here? It supposes to be England in India. You know, if it starts it's going to last at least 15-20 pages. I think Jan is offline other wise he would have replied by now.
:D

Fine one to talk about off-topic natter. I deleted about 10 posts this morning relating to the India v Pakistan series that were in this thread. Also, can you stop talking about Jan, it's boring.

Back on topic please.

I think it's a bit much for England fans to be claiming to be better than Pakistan. We just toured there and were well beaten.
The lesson from that series and the Australian one is that a draw is never a certainty when England are playing...

aussie1st said:
Why didn't your batsmen produce the runs in this test match?
So did the English! Did they? It was Collingwood who scored almost all of the runs for England and their tail enders batted well and supported Collingwood pretty well. Even Aussie batsmen can't score runs in every single matches as you can tell by today's game against South Africa. Best team in world cricket all out for just 93 runs! That is sad...

Dhoni said:
What? Don't start with me! Ok? You are a fool not me. I better ignore you coz moderators are going to ban me not you since I'm an Indian and the Admin of PC is English

Right before you start accusing us of racism let's get something clear:

PC admins:
Sangam (Indian)
Ritwik (Indian)
Zim (English)
Ste (English)

Globals:
M_Vaughan (UAE)
Shailesh (Indian)
me (British)
Brad352 (Australian)
Squiz (Australian)

So if you're going to accuse of bias towards England based on that get real.

I missed some action here I think.

JamesyJames3 said:
There is something you are not realising....

England are a better team than Pakistan.

How many times needs Pakistan to beat England to make it certain? :laugh

Luckily there enough wise people who know it better.

And I guess from the reactions Dravid's LBW was a doubt?

Last edited:
Dhoni said:
So did the English! Did they? It was Collingwood who scored almost all of the runs for England and their tail enders batted well and supported Collingwood pretty well. Even Aussie batsmen can't score runs in every single matches as you can tell by today's game against South Africa. Best team in world cricket all out for just 93 runs! That is sad...

But no one expected the English to score runs. Everyone expected India to thrash England. Aussie batsmen are playing ODI completly different and off topic. We are talking about the Indian batsmen failing against a below strength England attack.

ZexyZahid said:

It was no more contentious than the two England players who were given out and Jaffer was given notout the night before when some believed he should have been given.
From the replay I've seen it was just hitting leg and I think England would be entitled to feel hard-done-by if the finger hadn't gone up.

Ok, thanks for telling. I didn't see any of these wickets yet, so I can't talk much about it. Anyway it's becoming a normal trend that there are controversial decisions.

Jaffer was out twice and was not given!

I feel it happens in the game, though Indian fans (including me) might at times think that Dravid's wicket is the most crucial part of the game and the wicket that triggered the collapse. but still I feel everything has happened according to what was to have happened! Cant blame it now!

England has a slight edge, only slight edge. Had they bowled India out with a lead of over 100, I would say they are in the driver's seat. But India have fought back very well to reduce the lead to below 100. How I wished we had batted a bit quicker today, especially Kaif. I was just cursing him most of the time. Even though in the end, we have to applaud him for that great patient innings, I thought he could have scored faster! Panesar is the debutant and is inexperienced. Even if the wicket is hard to bat on, Kaif could have played a few shots over the top or in an aggressive fashion to disrupt the line of Panesar! But kaif was more than happy to increase the maidens section in Panesar's bowling figures!

aussie1st said:
But no one expected the English to score runs. Everyone expected India to thrash England. Aussie batsmen are playing ODI completly different and off topic. We are talking about the Indian batsmen failing against a below strength England attack.
Below strength England attack? You mean below strength England side just because Vaughan and Trescothick are not playing? Well, Cook played well for his 60 and I think he's a great player and he can play spin pretty well. And, if players like Sachin and Laxman failed then what could you expect from Vaughan? I don't think this is a below strength England side at all, they're still strong. All of their main bowlers are playing expect for Jones. Well, Hoggard and other English bowlers also bowled well, so why do they need Jones for? Believe me it's still a very good England team.

ZexyZahid said:
I missed some action here I think.

How many times needs Pakistan to beat England to make it certain? :laugh

Luckily there enough wise people who know it better.

As of now, Pakistan is a better test team than England and the recent results say so! Pakistan's upcoming tour to England will show a more clearer picture as to whether Pakistan is better than England in the long term!

Dhoni said:
Below strength England attack? You mean below strength England side just because Vaughan and Trescothick are not playing? Well, Cook played well for his 60 and I think he's a great player and he can play spin pretty well. And, if players like Sachin and Laxman failed then what could you expect from Vaughan? I don't think this is a below strength England side at all, they're still strong. All of their main bowlers are playing expect for Jones. Well, Hoggard and other English bowlers also bowled well, so why do they need Jones for? Believe me it's still a very good England team.

We know it is a good team but those are 3 huge players for us. Vaughan, forget his batting, he is handy with the bat but not a superstar. However, his captaincy is the best in the world in my opinion. Huge facter LOST! Trescothick, our best batsmen probably, he is a rock at the top and bats well with Strauss. Also a decent vice-captain. Huge factor LOST! Simon Jones, best bowler during the Ashes for us I would say. Master of reverse swing, would of been awesome on this pitch and with this ball. Huge factor LOST!

Users who are viewing this thread