• Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
393 wasnt such a bad total afterall, we've been spoiled :noway

Last edited:
Looks like a start on time...

Hope the weather remains the same throughout! Its bright and sunny out there right now at Nagpur!

According to Shiva and Botham, the pitch is going to assist the spinners a lot on the last two days!

all depends on how long our last pair survives

dangg.....sreeesanth on strike

gone!!

Kumble too early, in the 7th over. Touch unlucky, the first ball was wonderful. This will be interesting. Dravid may bring Bhajji at the other end.

langerrox said:
why is dhoni bowling???

what? when did he bowl?

The situation getting hopeless here for the Indians! The opening partnership has been tremendous!

nothing happening for the indians here!

I wouldn't count India out until the last ball is to be bowled. India possesses the best batting lineup in the world and they can still chase 300 runs in 80 overs. Good batting go so far again by Cook. Real prospect for the future and a good find as well.

It will be interesting seeing what England given India to chase. With their lineup they could get about a 400 run lead from here.

England can set at least 350 runs lead by today's end! that should be a strangling total for india to chase on the 5th day pitch.

langerrox said:
why is dhoni bowling???

It was a Cricinfo live commentary typing error, where they accidentally replaced Kumble, who was actually bowling, with Dhoni.
Hopefully England can build on this platform and bat India out of the game, and as mentioned have the ability in their line-up to post a very decent lead if they bat sensibly. The fifth day pitch should assist Harmison with his awkward bounce, and Panesar if he can find some sharp turn.

Great stuff by the openers. Strauss and Cook both looking good so far. Like I said, once England get a lead of 200+, they can up the run rate, and get as many runs as possible, in order to ensure that India start their run chase today itself.

The 2nd best team in the world is in command at the moment.

m_vaughan said:
Great stuff by the openers. Strauss and Cook both looking good so far. Like I said, once England get a lead of 200+, they can up the run rate, and get as many runs as possible, in order to ensure that India start their run chase today itself.

The 2nd best team in the world is in command at the moment.

I agree in the sense that they will be looking to lift the run rate as they exceed a lead of 200, but with the Indian batting line-up and their capabilities it would be quite a stupid move to send them in before tomorrow, as it'd be entirely possible for them to chase down a total with that sort of time. Probably early tomorrow to give them the chance of victory, yet also catch them in two minds.
EDIT: England in considerable trouble now, with both Strauss and Bell falling to Pathan behind the wicket.

Hats off the Cook he's had two brilliant innings so far and he is a good young player. Pietersen needs to calm down again so we can get the biggest lead possible. What effect will Sreesanth have when he has a bowl for a second spell. His first spell wasn't that effective.

In my opinion, that was a fair and square caught and bowled. Kevin Pietersen has hit it on the up and it's gone straight into Anil Kumble's hands. Yet, the third umpire had other ideas.
All I can say is that it's an extraordinary piece of luck and we need to take that and build the innings.

I knew that Cook had some talent after smashing our bowling lineup all over the park. Looks to be a real bright prospect for England. I wonder what they will do with him once Vaughan and Trescothick come back.

Users who are viewing this thread