Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
I've sent an email to skysports, cos pieterson was plain out...

HE GOT VERY LUCKY

Once it goes up the the 3rd umpire its most likely going to be given not out. The replay never are able to prove the ball was caught cleanly.

aussie1st said:
I knew that Cook had some talent after smashing our bowling lineup all over the park. Looks to be a real bright prospect for England. I wonder what they will do with him once Vaughan and Trescothick come back.

Well obviously he won't be selected but he'll be watched closely and seen as their next prospect, as they continue to develop him. May be a similar case to that of Bell's, where he scored 70 on debut and reappeared the following year so he had enough time to allow his confidence to build up when facing professional cricketers.

England 155/2 a lead of 225 runs, they are piling on the runs, India despretly needs some quick wickets!.

But the Indian fight is still thier, great to see guys like Kaif and Kumble showing some fight in the Indian team when the chips was down when they batted, thats what we need.

I do think that India could chase anything upto 350, anything above that and Indians out of this game in winning circumstances.

England has bowled brilliant in this match so far.

Kevin Pietersen is playing well and is getting the runs quickly which is exactly what we need. They have about 35 overs to get the biggest score possible. But with their current RR of 3.5 they will have a lead of about 375-400 - they might want to up their run-rate so India will slog it tommorow to reach the target and make mistakes. Both Cook and Pietersen look likely to get their half-centuries but I reckon that Pietersen will get it before Cook.

manee said:
I've sent an email to skysports, cos pieterson was plain out...

HE GOT VERY LUCKY
I don't see what good it will do, Sky Sports are only feeding the television pictures through...

The most likely outcome for this match is a draw unless the English collaspe very quickly which is unlikely or the Indian batsmen collaspe.

The 3rd umpire referal was not concerning whether Kumble held on to it, but was it a bump ball. Watching the replay it was hit cleanly and Pietersen is extremely lucky to be there. Dodgy 3rd umpiring that's for sure and can't blame Pietersen for that.

Cook certainly does bat much more confidently and has more class than Bell. Cook most likely will not replace Trescothick or Strauss but in a couple year's time, he will be England's permanent opener.

OMG....the third umpire is dumb. Kevin Pietersen was out! It can be costly for us.

Yeah, I've not seen it but the TMS commentary team were pretty adamant it should have been given. It was quite ironic as Boycott was going on about how great TV replays were in this situation.
Also applauding the Indian team for not behaving like Aussies when they didn't get the decision! :p

Don't worry they will carry on like us just via the quieter route :) Aka bad bowling due to them not getting their way. Pietersen is going to take off soon, this is like the final test in the Ashes all over again.

KP was lucky.Indians will have to bowl defensively and try to slow the England run rate and save the match from here.

50 from Pietersen - well done him. He may of been out but the Indian team took it well, so all you Indian fans should be following their example :(

And there is Cook's 50, brilliant innings, consistent in his batting and he looks promising for the future.

Last edited:
newzolt said:
KP was lucky.Indians will have to bowl defensively and try to slow the England run rate and save the match from here.

You can't do that against Pietersen he will send anything flying. The only way to slow down the run rate is to take wickets. Its just like trying to play defensively against Tendulkar in full flight.

Geez Pietersen is dropped now. Really should of been held, very much a sitter.

Users who are viewing this thread