Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Bell isn't that bad Eddie. He's just an inconsistent player who only plays well in certain conditions. In the warm-up matches he was England's best batsman.

My only gripe with Bell, is..he either makes 100 or he gets naught. He's such a bad-starter that 50% of his scores are under 10. Maybe he needs moving down the order and further away from that new ball.

OMG...nothing going in India's way. Kumbe is unlucky! Pietersen is dropped twice! He's so lucky.

Dhoni said:
OMG...nothing going in India's way. Kumbe is unlucky! Pietersen is dropped twice! He's so lucky.
After all the bad luck his team has had with injuries, I think some good luck is most welcome.

Good stand of 100 from Pietersen and Cook, Cook now on a high score of 61* :p

hondeyho said:
Good stand of 100 from Pietersen and Cook, Cook now on a high score of 61* :p
Yes well played by the youngster. Ian Bell on the other hand has had a bad start to the series. However he is an excellent player, who with some working on his foot movement early on in his innings could become on the best in the game. He was the top scorer in Pakistan, and has shown before a lot of composure and maturity. It will be foolish to drop him.

However it will be interesting to see who England go in with once the likes of Trescothick and Vaughan come back. There is still time for that so Bell, Cook and even Collingwood have more time to impress the coach and selectors.

I don't think we should be dropping Bell in favour of Cook on the basis of one innings. Cook is young and will get better; Bell deserves a longer run in the team. When he gets in he does look like Mike Atherton and he's the type of the player England need who is solid and can acumulate runs.

Edit - Is that KP out for a third time?

Pietersen is certiainly punishing the bowler, 13, 4's. Just wonder when he will start to hit them for 6.

EDIT : He just has :D

Adarsh said:
Collingwood in, not Freddie. It's a negative move from England.
yup as I mentioned it earlier today, English do have a knack of loosing it all when the killer moment comes, here's a chance for India. They better attack and try to chase the total cause they are terrible at blocking overs.

Collingwood's a very good one day player. Can't see a run a ball as a problem and Freddie would have to have got set anyway.

I think at the moment India have no chance of winning. England have a slight chance, although it is very slim. A draw is the biggest possibility here.

If England can get a lead of 350+ by the end of today - declare and then they will have one day to get India out. Who knows they almost did it at Old Trafford in the Ashes.

hondeyho said:
If England can get a lead of 350+ by the end of today - declare and then they will have one day to get India out. Who knows they almost did it at Old Trafford in the Ashes.

Yeah but Nagpur ain't Old Trafford. There's no pace or bounce in the wicket and very little swing. If we're playing Kumble and Singh easily I can't imagine Blackwell and Panesar are going to be matchwinners.

Perhaps we should have gone for it about 10 overs ago, the message has been sent out to start playing more aggresive, c'mon cookey get ya 100 lad.
Depending on how mnay England get oin these last 8 overs will determing the outcome of this match.

Users who are viewing this thread