• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Dhoni said:
I predict: Tomorrow it's going to be a special day for the Indians. India will win this match by 3 wickets with Dhoni not out at the crease. The star for the Indian victory will be MS DHONI with the fastest test hundred. Sehwag will score 120+. Dravid and Laxman will score good patience 50's. Sachin and rest of the batsmen will not score that many. Lolz...it's just a prediction and I hope it'll happen. How it?ll that be like for the English supporters? :D

I think you haven't watched how the pitch has played for the previous 4 days. Anything else to happen? World peace? Cancer cured? Man lands on Mars?

varunvgiri said:
I hope the Indians put their head down and play for the draw. A win is quite improbable...

A win isn't completely improbably but under the circumstances described by Dhoni it is.

A win isnt impossible. But its just improbable. It would be really diificult to score 370 runs on the final day on this pitch.

barmyarmy said:
I think you haven't watched how the pitch has played for the previous 4 days. Anything else to happen? World peace? Cancer cured? Man lands on Mars?
Man lands on Mars?
I will be the first one. lolz.

Man, nothing is impossible to achieve. All you need is self confidence and ability to do it. And I think my boys have ability to chase this one but all they need is confidence. Tomorrow they will have to play with positive attitude. I know it's most likely impossible to chase it but who knows? :D

England shouldn't lose this match from here. Whether or not they will win it is a different matter. A few early wickets tomorrow, and who knows? I'd say Panesar is the key to victory. Am i right in saying we are only likely to get one go with a new ball?

FreddieFan said:
England shouldn't lose this match from here. Whether or not they will win it is a different matter. A few early wickets tomorrow, and who knows? I'd say Panesar is the key to victory. Am i right in saying we are only likely to get one go with a new ball?

Well 90 overs in a day so we might get a few towards the end provided we get through our overs quicker than normal and there are no rain delays.

@ Dhoni - I'll be delighted to see the Indian's playing positively as it's England's best chance of winning. If they play too positively too quickly they'll get out though.

Dhoni said:
Man lands on Mars?

Man, nothing is impossible to achieve. All you need is self confidence and ability to do it. And I think my boys have ability to chase this one but all they need is confidence. Tomorrow they will have to play with positive attitude. I know it's most likely impossible to chase it but who knows? :D

You are the most optimistic guy ever. I agree that they do have the talent to do it. But I dont think they will even try and chase. Too much is at risk, this being the first test and all...

Dhoni said:
Man lands on Mars?

Optimism in the midst of acknowledging the opponent's fortitudes and accomplishments while in a crisis is very admirable. I think India can draw it, or even win if they are lucky; yet England has really done a great job here. Good work by Cook.

This is the perfect time for England to declare with a lead of 367 runs so that the Indians might have a go at it and so will give the visitors a chance of win as well but if they are looking to declare at a lead of some 400 runs then the Indians might just hang in there and play out time to head the match towards a draw!

barmyarmy said:
A reminder for all those with c2k5 that you can play the final day as England or India by clicking here and downloading the files...
Thank you barmyarmy.
:cheers

Okay I've been a pessimist all this while, but I think now I can confidently say that England will NOT lose this test match. Infact they have a very good chance of winning it. We'll need a repeat of the Johannesburg miracle.

Come on England!!

Users who are viewing this thread