• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
m_vaughan said:
Okay I've been a pessimist all this while, but I think now I can confidently say that England will NOT lose this test match. Infact they have a very good chance of winning it. We'll need a repeat of the Johannesburg miracle.

Or the Bangalore debacle...

I didn't watch the match today at all... Too depressing for India. Also some umpiring decisions went quite badly for India. Much as Ian Botham would like to emphasize injustices done to the English team by umpires, it's been the other way round this match.

Our current test match form is pretty below average. I must say that even at home, we now seem to be lacking the "zing" we had when Anil Kumble was younger and Harbhajan Singh was really effective.

Maybe the future beckons? This should be a wake up call, because it has proved again that "tried and tested" and "playing it safe" actually is a negative approach. India played negatively and thought negatively in this match by playing only four bowlers. In a way, we deserve what we get.

Maybe in future, we should start preparing seamer friendly wickets at home, since we seem to be producing quite an army of young up-coming fast bowlers. And except one or two promising spinners, the spin scene (particularly quality leg sin) seems to be pretty bleak.

harishankar said:
I didn't watch the match today at all... Too depressing for India. Also some umpiring decisions went quite badly for India. Much as Ian Botham would like to emphasize injustices done to the English team by umpires, it's been the other way round this match.

Our current test match form is pretty below average. I must say that even at home, we now seem to be lacking the "zing" we had when Anil Kumble was younger and Harbhajan Singh was really effective.

Maybe the future beckons? This should be a wake up call, because it has proved again that "tried and tested" and "playing it safe" actually is a negative approach. India played negatively and thought negatively in this match by playing only four bowlers. In a way, we deserve what we get.

Maybe in future, we should start preparing seamer friendly wickets at home, since we seem to be producing quite an army of young up-coming fast bowlers. And except one or two promising spinners, the spin scene (particularly quality leg sin) seems to be pretty bleak.
the Indian bowling department just did not click and frankly speaking playing 5 bowlers has'nt been Indian strength if non of these 4 bowlers is doing anything what will an additional bowler do?maybe Munaf Patel would have been a good option in this match.He should be considered for the next test match.yes seamer friendly wickets should be prepared but the subcontinent climatic conditions do not help that.India has been trying that for quiet sometime now.National pitch commitee had been formed,wonder what is that doing?
I personally feel that India could have used part time bowlers more effectively on this wicket.Anyway the match seems to be heading for a draw as it seems that the visitors will declare with a lead of about 400 runs in their kitty.

Last edited:
Draw? Well, I would say England have a 70% chance of winning at the moment. India will really have to play well to draw this one. And the middle order feels quite brittle at the moment without Yuvraj Singh.

V.V.S.Laxman's career is once again in the balance. I wonder how the selectors will see this performance. Yuvraj might definitely replace Laxman in the next match if he's fit.

come on england get india all out before 200 runs
just like mohali test

Users who are viewing this thread