• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
JamesyJames3 said:
England can only throw this away in my opinion. Indian batsmen can't do it on there own. The pitch is too slow to score that quickly.

Very confident of an England victory at the moment.

Sehwag and Dravid will be the key wickets. Sehwag because he will score quickly against any bowler and on any pitch and Dravid because I can see the other batsmen getting frustrated and offering chances to an aggressive field but not him.

varunvgiri said:
I wouldnt be that confident. A draw looks to be more on the cards

Well tough (censored). I am that confident! Our bowling attack is the best in the world at the moment in test cricket I would say.

Colin - I agree, but as seen by each of the three innings so far, it will be virtually impossible to get 350 in one day on a pitch which still is a batting track but is offering something to england bowlers. They will have to attack Panesar I think if they wanted to chase it. He keeps it pretty tight and they will probably end up lofting shots in the air.

We also need to get rid of the tail enders quickly this time and not put down our chances. That means no dropped catches Geraint Jones! I doubt Kumble and Kaif will be too bigger threat this time.

JamesyJames3 said:
Well tough (censored). I am that confident! Our bowling attack is the best in the world at the moment in test cricket I would say.

Colin - I agree, but as seen by each of the three innings so far, it will be virtually impossible to get 350 in one day on a pitch which still is a batting track but is offering something to england bowlers. They will have to attack Panesar I think if they wanted to chase it. He keeps it pretty tight and they will probably end up lofting shots in the air.

Hey... I'm not saying that India is gonna win it. The is no minefield. Its just damn slow. On a slow pitch not only scoring runs but taking wickets also will take time. Its not easy to dismiss any team in one day on such a slow pitch

If you have the best bowling attack then we have the best batting line up.So that will even out. Just to add... I dont think you have the best bowling lineup for thses conditions...

ps. You have the best bowling attack if you get Jones in place of Harmisson. If you ask me Harmisson is crap. ( You may agree.. you may disagre... its just an opinion before you go off the boil)

varunvgiri said:
I wouldnt be that confident. A draw looks to be more on the cards
india doesnt have the capability to draw a test on the last day, a perfect example of that was the 3rd Ind vs Pak test at Bangalore last year. Hoggard will be the danger man.

varunvgiri said:
ps. You have the best bowling attack if you get Jones in place of Harmisson. If you ask me Harmisson is crap. ( You may agree.. you may disagre... its just an opinion before you go off the boil)

Harmison is certainly not bowling as well as he can do but Jones would play in place of Blackwell not him.

barmyarmy said:
Harmison is certainly not bowling as well as he can do but Jones would play in place of Blackwell not him.

Yea.. my mistake.. , i thought Panesar was damn impressive. Finally England seems to have stumbled on a quality spinner... provided he continues to improve

but it will be still very difficult for India to win because if the English sense that India might make it, i've no doubts that they are going to resort to negative bowling!so a draw is highly likely.

newzolt said:
but it will be still very difficult for India to win because if the English sense that India might make it, i've no doubts that they are going to resort to negative bowling!so a draw is highly likely.

Why in the world would we resort to negativebowling? were in a position to win.

JamesyJames3 said:
Yes, it will be an easy England victory.
Now that's very optimistic hoping for a debutant monty to maintain his rhythm against the best plyers of spin bowling!remember there's no devil in the pitch its just a bit on the slower side.A batsman just needs to set in and you'll see the results for yourselves!

JamesyJames3 said:

Hey.. we get the point that you think England is gonna win.

He is talking about a situation in which India has wickets in hand and might decide to go for it in the final session. In such a situation England may resort to negative bowling.

JamesyJames3 said:
I said if the English sense that Indians have any chance of win ie:say in the final session they require about 150 runs with any set batsman at the crease(its just a possibility-the best that India can hope).I accept that its a rare possibility.....there are equal chances of an Indian collapse also as Indians under pressure have more often than not failed to deliver in the past in such situations.
most likely result is a draw.To enforce a result either the English bowlers or the Indian batsmen will have to perform exceptionally well.

Users who are viewing this thread