• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
kodos said:
The 3rd umpire referal was not concerning whether Kumble held on to it, but was it a bump ball. Watching the replay it was hit cleanly and Pietersen is extremely lucky to be there. Dodgy 3rd umpiring that's for sure and can't blame Pietersen for that.

Cook certainly does bat much more confidently and has more class than Bell. Cook most likely will not replace Trescothick or Strauss but in a couple year's time, he will be England's permanent opener.

Well Cook will play this whole series now imo.

I still think Colly for keeper then.

Jones, Blackwell and Bell out.

Tres, Vaughan and S. Jones in.

How about it?

Sureshot said:

How about it?

Bell out? No way. Top batsmen in Pakistan, has failed twice in this match but got two very good balls. He is a class act Bell, he has proven it.

saisrini80 said:
As of now, Pakistan is a better test team than England and the recent results say so! Pakistan's upcoming tour to England will show a more clearer picture as to whether Pakistan is better than England in the long term!

I'd say the greatness of a team depends on touring abilities.

The ultimate challenges are the tough tours very different to home conditions.
So Pakistan in England should be great fun, Shoaib was poor for Worcs last season on our pitches.

I'd say that Pakistan and England are level pegging tbh.

Sureshot said:

How about it?

Slightly confused by this. Collingwood keeper? You know Vaughan and Jones are injured right? :p
Also agree with Jamesy on Bell - shouldn't be jetisoned after two poor scores.

Sureshot said:
I'd say the greatness of a team depends on touring abilities.
The ultimate challenges are the tough tours very different to home conditions.
So Pakistan in England should be great fun, Shoaib was poor for Worcs last season on our pitches.
I'd say that Pakistan and England are level pegging tbh.

I agree that England and Pakistan are on the same level.
It's just that India are a level higher..... :p

aussie1st said:
McGrath is only failing now due to his age.

Jones is one of the most deadly bowlers with reverse swing. It is a proven fact that most of his wickets come in his 2nd or 3rd spell due to the reverse swing.

Nah, more to do with his wifes bad health, he must be very worried about her. :(

barmyarmy said:
Slightly confused by this. Collingwood keeper? You know Vaughan and Jones are injured right? :p

He's talking about the ideal team when everyone is fit. But dont get the part where he wants collingwood to be keeper....

Sureshot said:
41-19-71-2

Good signs mate.
I'd like to correct it:42-19-73-2
the figures are no doubt impressive for panesar but you also have to consider the situation in which he was bowling, Indians were not attacking him and allowed him to settle by defending even some of his ordinary balls and that's the most important part.. Indians should play positively and use their feet to the spinner.
Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited:
Dhoni said:
Bad day for INDIA and Lucky for the English batsmen!!! I feel sorry for Kumble today he was really unlucky. Too many drop catches!!! Kevin was out but the stupid umpire didn't give out and then he was dropped on 57 by Sreesanth which was an easiest catch and then he went to make 87. Bhajji dropped Cook of his own bowling and Dravid dropped him in the slips when he was in 90?s. Collingwood was plumb in front to Kumble on the first ball but Alen Dar didn't give him out since he's a Paki and doesn't want India to win. :mad: Kaif dropped one but it was a tough one. England are very LUCKY to get these runs on the board. They should be happy.

Luck works itself out on and off the pitch.

Our injuries, plus we've had aobut 4/5 decisions go against us aswell.

Techonology is only as good as the person using it :D

Sureshot said:
Luck works itself out on and off the pitch.

Our injuries, plus we've had aobut 4/5 decisions go against us aswell.

Techonology is only as good as the person using it :D

True......we cant complain, you ride your own luck, the ball Flintoff got out on was going down way leg-side.

barmyarmy said:

Yes, but I mean when players are back.

I can't see Vaughan playing on much longer, this knee is getting injured 3-5 times a year, and increasing too.

A sign it's weakening, Might retire sooner than some might think. Wouldn't be a bad thing too.

Dropping Bell would be tough but the problem is he doesn't start at all well, and only looks settled once at about 30.

Cook can't be left out.

Users who are viewing this thread