Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Sureshot said:
Yes, but I mean when players are back.

I can't see Vaughan playing on much longer, this knee is getting injured 3-5 times a year, and increasing too.

A sign it's weakening, Might retire sooner than some might think. Wouldn't be a bad thing too.

Dropping Bell would be tough but the problem is he doesn't start at all well, and only looks settled once at about 30.

Cook can't be left out.

Is Trescothick even coming back after this test match? Do we know this for sure?

Bell won't be left out of the team, and rightly so. Top batter in Pakistan, has a sound technique, and was some bookies favourite for batter of the series in India. Two fails. I will once again bring this quote out...

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Sureshot said:
Well Cook will play this whole series now imo.

I still think Colly for keeper then.

Jones, Blackwell and Bell out.

Tres, Vaughan and S. Jones in.

How about it?

Might be on to something there, he has a safe pair of hands, isn't being bowled much and is batting better than Jones

You never know...

If there is a result from this test match, it will be a famous victory. For England, it would be because of 3 key players going home, for india it would be from a dire position.

Indians have themselves to blame for the situation in which they find themselves now.Dropping 5 catches on a single day of a test match is just too much by any standards leave apart international standards.......but still new day .....new hope.....

Dhoni said:
Bad day for INDIA and Lucky for the English batsmen!!! I feel sorry for Kumble today he was really unlucky. Too many drop catches!!! Kevin was out but the stupid umpire didn't give out and then he was dropped on 57 by Sreesanth which was an easiest catch and then he went to make 87. Bhajji dropped Cook of his own bowling and Dravid dropped him in the slips when he was in 90?s. Collingwood was plumb in front to Kumble on the first ball but Alen Dar didn't give him out since he's a Paki and doesn't want India to win. :mad: Kaif dropped one but it was a tough one. England are very LUCKY to get these runs on the board. They should be happy.

Aleem Dar has made some fantastic decisions in this test match. For e.g. his decision on Geriant Jones and Sachin Tendulkar were bull's eye. It has got nothing to do with his nationality!

Dhoni said:
Yeah, he is better! Who said he isn?t? He is better but with giving players out when they're actually aren't and giving not out when they are. Billy is the best umpire I've ever seen.

I predict: Tomorrow it's going to be a special day for the Indians. India will win this match by 3 wickets with Dhoni not out at the crease. The star for the Indian victory will be MS DHONI with the fastest test hundred. Sehwag will score 120+. Dravid and Laxman will score good patience 50's. Sachin and rest of the batsmen will not score that many. Lolz...it's just a prediction and I hope it'll happen. How it?ll that be like for the English supporters? :D

Well, lets hope your prediction turns out true! I still have faith in my Indian boys to bring out a special performance. You just dont know when that comes.

However, I hope Laxman doesnt score. He has always been holding onto his place in this team just becoz he scores that knock only when his place is under serious doubt! He is not even as consistent as Tendulkar is! I wish he doesnt score and lets Yuvraj replace him in Mohali!

Hoggard

FreddieFan said:
England shouldn't lose this match from here. Whether or not they will win it is a different matter. A few early wickets tomorrow, and who knows? I'd say Panesar is the key to victory. Am i right in saying we are only likely to get one go with a new ball?

I think Hoggard not Panesar is the key for England although Panesar looks good. It's usually always the touring fast bowlers that have won matches in India.
Can Hoggard be Neil Foster? We will find out today!!!
On a side-note, what's going on with Harmison? He just looks out of it, his face isn't showing any spirit or enthusiasm.

This Indian team doesn't play for draws very well. 3 Slips, 2 Gullies, and Constant bowling in the Corridor of Uncertainty would be my strategy for England.

India haven't done anything wrong. It's just that "The Turntable Tigers" - Kumble and Harbhajan are toothless without a TurnTable. Pray for a Turner in Mohali.

saisrini80 said:
Aleem Dar has made some fantastic decisions in this test match. For e.g. his decision on Geriant Jones and Sachin Tendulkar were bull's eye. It has got nothing to do with his nationality!
I fully agree, at this level you can't question the credibility or integrity of an umpire.Remember they are also humans and have every chance of commiting an error-the so called human error and this factor is equal for both the teams.

Last edited:
barmyarmy said:
I think you haven't watched how the pitch has played for the previous 4 days. Anything else to happen? World peace? Cancer cured? Man lands on Mars?

Oh come on! The pitch is not as demon filled as you make it out to be! Its slow turn. When it turns, it has to be a lot quicker for it to trouble the Indian batsmen! So we stand in with the slimmest of chances! When Sehwag gets in and starts rolling, its seriously possible! Though I am not as optimistic as Dhoni (I feel 5% for an Indian win), its certainly not impossible!

Miracle

saisrini80 said:
Well, lets hope your prediction turns out true! I still have faith in my Indian boys to bring out a special performance. You just dont know when that comes.
Yeah! The Indian batsmen are definitely capable of performing a miracle. If Sehwag or Dhoni get going BigTime, who knows.

saisrini80 said:
However, I hope Laxman doesnt score. He has always been holding onto his place in this team just becoz he scores that knock only when his place is under serious doubt! He is not even as consistent as Tendulkar is! I wish he doesnt score and lets Yuvraj replace him in Mohali!

Great Minds think alike Saisrini! I want Laxman out too.

varunvgiri said:
You are the most optimistic guy ever. I agree that they do have the talent to do it. But I dont think they will even try and chase. Too much is at risk, this being the first test and all...

With Chappell though, I feel they might think of chasing. A draw is not going to help us in the long run. It gives all the advantage to the England team and I am sure Chappell doesnt want that to happen! He would not want the advantage to be given to the English side! He would want his side to go out fighting and not look for avoiding defeat

prarara said:
Optimism in the midst of acknowledging the opponent's fortitudes and accomplishments while in a crisis is very admirable. I think India can draw it, or even win if they are lucky; yet England has really done a great job here. Good work by Cook.

I admit that England have done a fantabulous job! They have actually proved a lot of us wrong. With all those injuries, just imagine the mental state of the side. Yet, they are in with the big chance of going 1-0 up in this all important series!

newzolt said:
This is the perfect time for England to declare with a lead of 367 runs so that the Indians might have a go at it and so will give the visitors a chance of win as well but if they are looking to declare at a lead of some 400 runs then the Indians might just hang in there and play out time to head the match towards a draw!

According to Cook, they might go on for some more time out there in the middle tomorrow!

s2sschan said:
India haven't done anything wrong. It's just that "The Turntable Tigers" - Kumble and Harbhajan are toothless without a TurnTable. Pray for a Turner in Mohali.
Kumble and turn.....you must be joking! :D

jk16_4 said:
10 % india, 25 % england.. and 65 % draw mefinks ;)

That sounds better for me!

riyaz said:
india doesnt have the capability to draw a test on the last day, a perfect example of that was the 3rd Ind vs Pak test at Bangalore last year. Hoggard will be the danger man.

reduce your signaturee riyaz!

s2sschan said:
I think Hoggard not Panesar is the key for England although Panesar looks good. It's usually always the touring fast bowlers that have won matches in India.
Can Hoggard be Neil Foster? We will find out today!!!
On a side-note, what's going on with Harmison? He just looks out of it, his face isn't showing any spirit or enthusiasm.

This Indian team doesn't play for draws very well. 3 Slips, 2 Gullies, and Constant bowling in the Corridor of Uncertainty would be my strategy for England.

I doubt Mohali would turn. I expect Mohali to provide assistance to the fast bowlers on the first few days!

s2sschan said:
Yeah! The Indian batsmen are definitely capable of performing a miracle. If Sehwag or Dhoni get going BigTime, who knows.

Great Minds think alike Saisrini! I want Laxman out too.

:D Yep buddy!

Kaif is definitely the person right now in form with that innings of 91. And Yuvraj is in red hot form (122 in that final test vs Pakistan) and the great scores in the ODI's which has tremendously boosted his confidence! Laxman has to go!

Yuvraj Singh is expected to be fit for the second Test against England, at Mohali, after recovering from the hamstring strain that he sustained in the final one-day international against Pakistan, in Karachi.
That's the official news and the pressure is now on Laxman who in most likely will sit out at Mohali.Let's hope Yuvraj and Kaif should boost the much needed improvement in ground fielding for team India in the next match.

same thing as bangalore might happen!
while sehwag is there india will be chasing but when he gets out they will just block block and block!!
tendulkar made about 15 from about 90odd balls against pak that day!!

but now they have dhoni who will still entertain if he doesnt get out

Users who are viewing this thread