• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
saisrini80 said:
Oh come on! The pitch is not as demon filled as you make it out to be! Its slow turn. When it turns, it has to be a lot quicker for it to trouble the Indian batsmen! So we stand in with the slimmest of chances! When Sehwag gets in and starts rolling, its seriously possible! Though I am not as optimistic as Dhoni (I feel 5% for an Indian win), its certainly not impossible!

My post was in reply to Dhoni saying that India would score at 6 an over and hit record-quick hundreds. The pitch is fine to bat on - you just can't score quickly.

Pundits

barmyarmy said:
Most the bookies have the draw favourite at about 1/5 with an England win about 4/1 and an Indian win 20/1

In percentage terms:
India 5%
England 20%
Draw 75%

The Pundits are saying that India will have to bat Unusually and Exceptionally well to save this Test. Looks like the Pundits are almost sure of England's victory.

s2sschan said:
On a side-note, what's going on with Harmison? He just looks out of it, his face isn't showing any spirit or enthusiasm.

He's hot or cold, not particularly consistant. Apart from the odd spell in the Ashes he was very average.

s2sschan said:
The Pundits are saying that India will have to bat Unusually and Exceptionally well to save this Test. Looks like the Pundits are almost sure of England's victory.

Which ones have said that? If Ian Botham was one of them, ignore it.

This is what experts are saying:
"The fate of the series leans heavily on the outcome tomorrow. In India a good start to a series tends not to be overhauled. Barring the miracle of 2000-01 - when Laxman and Harbhajan turned Australia's plentiful bread and fish back into a crust and a sardine - no side has won the first Test and lost the series in India since the hosts against Gower's 1984-85 side. On the other hand, since then, only one series that began with a draw has ever gone against India. Tomorrow should be quite a day.
It all looks quite grim now for the ragged Indians. Victory is no longer a possibility. The encroaching rough from all sides has reduced the unblemished original to an oval spotlight in the centre of the strip. The top has come off only on the odd ball, as Monty Panesar has shown, but persistent bowling is not easy to counter, again, as Monty Panesar has shown. Hoggard, Flintoff and Harmison are not bad too. They will need far more application than was shown, for example, in their last Test at Karachi else England will take them to the cleaners. And no discounts too."
In simple words India has to save the match!

barmyarmy said:
Good news for England. I played the c2k5 save file and Panesar took 10/6!!!

It's fate! As Stevie said in the Superthread, Colin is the all powerful one, he can make it happen! :p

Stevie is a liar, and Colin is not as powerful as James

Can't wait for final day's play to start!it should be a really absorbing and interesting day.

Last edited:
stevie said:
Hmmm, me and my big mouth!

Although if I pretend it's medium difficulty I get the record... :D
Anyway back on topic - I think that tomorrow is really important in the context of the series. If India hang on for a draw and then win the toss for the second test they're favourites again for me.

England have either got to enforce an overnight declaration or set the indians 400 to set up an England victory! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

beefy_botham said:
England have either got to enforce an overnight declaration or set the indians 400 to set up an England victory! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
overnight declaration = some chance of a result
400 target= more chance of a draw

Last edited:
s2sschan said:

Didnt we save a test last time in 2002 in England at Trent Bridge? I think Dravid scored a ton there and Ganguly scored 90 odd runs!

newzolt said:
This is what experts are saying:
"The fate of the series leans heavily on the outcome tomorrow. In India a good start to a series tends not to be overhauled. Barring the miracle of 2000-01 - when Laxman and Harbhajan turned Australia's plentiful bread and fish back into a crust and a sardine - no side has won the first Test and lost the series in India since the hosts against Gower's 1984-85 side. On the other hand, since then, only one series that began with a draw has ever gone against India. Tomorrow should be quite a day.
It all looks quite grim now for the ragged Indians. Victory is no longer a possibility. The encroaching rough from all sides has reduced the unblemished original to an oval spotlight in the centre of the strip. The top has come off only on the odd ball, as Monty Panesar has shown, but persistent bowling is not easy to counter, again, as Monty Panesar has shown. Hoggard, Flintoff and Harmison are not bad too. They will need far more application than was shown, for example, in their last Test at Karachi else England will take them to the cleaners. And no discounts too."
In simple words India has to save the match!

Still a lot of importance on the final day of this exciting test match!

I feel India can save it this time! With more positive batting than the first innings, India can definitely save it. In fact with Sehwag, I even have hopes of a win!

beefy_botham said:

Forcing an overnight declaration would be a good and brave move! Batting on tomorrow would sound negative to me!

Users who are viewing this thread