• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
India should save this match.
England must get wickets with the new ball and then get Panasar to bowl later on.
Can't wait till tommorow

They will,
They have a high chance of being successfull with Rahul Dravid in the middle.

I wonder how Sehwag will play?

JamesyJames3 said:
Is Trescothick even coming back after this test match? Do we know this for sure?

Bell won't be left out of the team, and rightly so. Top batter in Pakistan, has a sound technique, and was some bookies favourite for batter of the series in India. Two fails. I will once again bring this quote out...

Don't judge a book by its cover.

I do rate Bell just search my posts with Bell in it.

But with us facing Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Australia next who all use spin to good affect I think Cook is a very comfortable player of spin.

164 runs on debut in India vs Kumble, Pathan and Singh is a mammoth task, he mustn't be left out.

---

I know my choice for Colly as keeper is a weird one, but Geraint hasn't got runs for a long time and tbh doesn't look comfortable.

Colly is a brilliant fielder and I'm sure could fit in as keeper.
Keeper is our problem not Spin.

Gazzard and Wessels are the future imo.
Gazzard is my favourite to take it soon.

Four players will be key for their respective teams tomorrow.

Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid for India. If these two get a partnership going, India can save the game.

Hoggard and Flintoff for England. With all due credit to Panesar, I think its these two who have to pick up the wickets tomorrow and put the homeside under pressure constantly. If England can get Dravid and Sachin out early, then a win is definately there for the taking. But then, thats a big "IF" you know.

I wouldn't under estimate Laxman. He is known to be able to dig deep. Obviously the opening partnership will be a key because that will eat up time.
Interesting thing will be when England declare as right now they have enough runs but its still tempting enough for India to go after. If England push it any further India could shut up shop and with Dravid and Laxman both able to block wall every ball this one would be heading for a draw.

Sehwag is a key player on the last day.But the record suggests that he doen't play well in the second innings.His average in second inning is 25.

Problem for Sehwag is he likes to score runs fast and that will never change. So the best thing that could happen for him is England declare now thus giving India some hope and letting Sehwag do what he normally does. It could be a lot harder for him to block out maiden after maiden.

India shouldn't think that we'll make 300-400 on the last day. Just like in Karachi Raul Dravid and Shewag thinking that we'll break the world record of 600 something, All they should do is try to defend the ball, calm down and play slow then the match is for sure. And there is no way India will win.

300-400 on the last day is possible on this pitch. Just look at how England went on the 4th day pitch.
Chasing 600 on the other hand is just crazy.

barmyarmy said:
I checked. Apparantly Udal has 10/0! :eek:

My record! :D

I think England could really win this. If they perform like in the 1st innings then I can't see India saving the game.

Thats "If". Meaning that scenario is unlikely.
All I hope is that Flintoff declares overnight, that would put us with the best chance.

Ah, I spent about 30 minutes reading about 8 pages of posts here. What a match this has turned out to be--surprised everyone, I think. I do have a few points to make, though.

1. It's fun reading the cockiness of the English fans. They have every right, of course, seeing that they are firmly in control of this game and look like having success in India for the first time in a long time.

2. Indian fans should not be too expectant of a miracle. We should be happy if we get it, but we shouldn't be expecting it. I think we need an amazing performance to win this match. Given our batting line-up, we should not have too much trouble hanging on for the draw. But winning--we were so optimistic about Karachi and what happened there?

Although I favor the draw as the probable outcome, I have a feeling that England will sneak the win, here. Getting Sehwag at the top will be the key, especially since that is like a sucker punch to the momentum of the Indian batting. If Sehwag does get going (unlikely event in the second innings), we may be able to scare the English team.

sohummisra said:
Getting Sehwag at the top will be the key, especially since that is like a sucker punch to the momentum of the Indian batting. If Sehwag does get going (unlikely event in the second innings), we may be able to scare the English team.

Thats a very legitimate tactic from India. If Sehwag gets off to a flyer, decreases England's chances of winning in two ways: it makes an India win possible, and is likely to stop England attacking so much, making a draw more likely too.

Unfortunately, its a tactic India won't have to think of to use, because Sehwag does that anyway! ;)

sohummisra said:
1. It's fun reading the cockiness of the English fans. They have every right, of course, seeing that they are firmly in control of this game and look like having success in India for the first time in a long time.

I'd like to think it's mostly JamesyJames3. Besides you guys have got Dhoni more than evening things up!

Users who are viewing this thread