Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
If this was Australia you would see them going after this total first then shutting up shop if it becomes too much. I would say India have the right two batsmen out there to save the match at least.

...like Sehwag's; yet he traditionally has not had a good fourth innings average. Let's hope that the umpire and English fielding grants the remaining batsmen as many chances as the Indian Fielding did to the English counterparts.

That's what India would do too, but it seems that the trend over the last few seasons is that if Sehwag doesn't get going, India's run rate stays pretty low. All the batsmen feed off his energy.

First a batsman should settle on this pitch and only a set batsman can perform effectively here.

11 overs 11 runs, they have sluaghtered the game I once loved

I bet the poor crowd is even cheering for singles

Last edited:
If India will defend I think they will lose a lot of wickets. It would be better to play their normal game.

donkey said:
11 overs 11 runs, they have sluaghtered the game I once loved

I bet the poor crowd is even cheering for singles

Wait for the batsmen to settle in.

sohummisra said:
That's what India would do too, but it seems that the trend over the last few seasons is that if Sehwag doesn't get going, India's run rate stays pretty low. All the batsmen feed off his energy.

Its not like Sehwag was going after the total either. 13 balls and still no runs, that isn't like Sehwag at all. If he was trying to get set good plan but he got out which doesn't help. India could have sent up Dhoni as mentioned in previous post.

Well the runs are beginning to come at a bit more faster rate. I'm really impressed with Jaffer. Seems have good techinique, foot work and temperament. Seems to be a very good prospect....

Were you watching the game, though? Sehwag was definitely going for his shots but was about half a foot off the ball every time.

sohummisra said:
Were you watching the game, though? Sehwag was definitely going for his shots but was about half a foot off the ball every time.

Nah I got no coverage. Fair enough then.
Its starting to become like a ODI type chase. India really need to get the total below 300 to make it easier once 50 overs comes about.

India won't go for the chase... 360+ on this pitch (slow, sluggish and not conducive to strokeplay) is a bit too much. I feel England missed a trick yesterday - they should have accelerated a bit earlier and should have put India in to face 10-15 overs with a target around 330.

Considering rub of the green hasn't gone India's way, I would be really surprized if India tries to go for runs and lose the test.

300 from 61 overs .
Maybe just try sending Dhoni up the order to just make a match of it.
We never know, a quickfire knock from him and the RR would be around 4.5 RPO in the last session.
India will analyze their position at tea, I guess .
If they are left with around 150 in the last session, they would still be in with a chance.

Yup, sensible batting from India. They have weathered the storm well this first session--and are about 1/3 of the way to land. Now comes a bigger challenge, after lunch: reverse-swing. It was swing that destroyed India in the first innings and they have got to guard against that in the second session. Apart from that, India just need to try and keep these two batsmen in for as long as people.

Users who are viewing this thread