Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
I think my post in this thread. I wonder why has it been started already when India is still in Pakistan and the tour is only about 10% complete.
I can't even predict who will win etc. but India might just end up giving a good thrashing to Eng or a boring drawn test series with occasional blunders in Odi's by India. Just like last England's tour to India.
Still early days to say, India is yet to gain or loose anything from current tour as it will effect their form against English.

This being England's next tour and the squad being announced this past Friday, I thought it would be better if we started the tour thread.

just 6-7 months ago when India was struggling against Sri lanka in Sri lanka and Zimbabwe and looking at the ashes i imagined that the english bowlers would rip through indian batsman, but now thats all changed india will probbaly produce much higher scores on their pitches.

i expect india to not score anything less than 350 on their pitches.

only factor for england will be the heat and their ability to play spin. i don't think indians pace bowlers will provide trouble for england

jazz said:
i expect india to not score anything less than 350 on their pitches.

only factor for england will be the heat and their ability to play spin. i don't think indians pace bowlers will provide trouble for england

I think that might change if we select bowlers like VRV Singh and Munaf Patel. They are good genuine quick bowlers who can bowl at 150km/h or so. If either one is selected and is thrown at England, they might trouble them!

saisrini80 said:
I think that might change if we select bowlers like VRV Singh and Munaf Patel. They are good genuine quick bowlers who can bowl at 150km/h or so. If either one is selected and is thrown at England, they might trouble them!
But its hard to bowl at 150Km/h in Inidian conditions. Unless we get pitches like against SA in ODI series but that would help England too.

I think the English batsman's are comfortable or are morst comfortable facing the quicks than the spinners. Their main concern are Harbajan and Kumble. The English batsmans have had experience against fast bowling in the last 4 months.

saisrini80 said:
The England players can handle pace well. Besides just raw pace doesnt really help.

Well, raw pace won't really help on Indian pitches. Swing will, so bowlers like Pathan, Jones and Hoggard would do well.

m_vaughan said:
The England players can handle pace well. Besides just raw pace doesnt really help.

Well, we will know of how much VRV and Munaf swing the ball only when we see them play!

i dont think pace will effect the england players one bit !!

and why the hell have ECB selected Udal in the squad :eek: ??
he doesnt have the youth nor the experience ! and he is not even worth
giving another chance !

A cracker of a series we have, I hope they will show it on Fox Sports.

Yeah its a funny decision putting Udal in the squad but they want an experienced spinner in the side. Giles is suffering from a hip problem or something therefore is doubtful to last the distance. Udal can also bat.

jk16_4 said:
i dont think pace will effect the england players one bit !!

and why the hell have ECB selected Udal in the squad :eek: ??
he doesnt have the youth nor the experience ! and he is not even worth
giving another chance !
Beats me. But he does have a better bowling average in the domestic season than Monty Panesar, Alex Loudon and Ian Blackwell (the only other candidates).

Users who are viewing this thread