Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
VRV has control. he is good, gets bounce. Andre Nel style but not as accurate and doesn't make silly faces every delivery.
How about Jeesuraj? 10 matches and he already has a 7 wicket innings. Tamil Nadu bowler. Amit Bhandari is also pretty quick. Quicker than Pathan at the least.

ZoraxDoom said:
VRV has control. he is good, gets bounce. Andre Nel style but not as accurate and doesn't make silly faces every delivery.
How about Jeesuraj? 10 matches and he already has a 7 wicket innings. Tamil Nadu bowler. Amit Bhandari is also pretty quick. Quicker than Pathan at the least.
..but I guess Bhandari has already been tried and tested. Am I right??

England always struggled in India. Be it pace or spin. Pace won't be a big problem for either of the sides...as the wickets, though being played in Mohali, may not be as promising as it sounds. There will always be the home advantage. I think the selectors should have one eye on M Patel or VRV Singh...see their fitness and performance in domestic season, and they could get a nod if one of the current pace attack perform below expectations.

Claiming that Pathan will be 'hammered' all day is hogwash. He will not get wickets as easily as he would if he were faster, but he will definitely make the batsmen think.

cricket_lover said:
England always struggled in India. Be it pace or spin. Pace won't be a big problem for either of the sides...as the wickets, though being played in Mohali, may not be as promising as it sounds. There will always be the home advantage. I think the selectors should have one eye on M Patel or VRV Singh...see their fitness and performance in domestic season, and they could get a nod if one of the current pace attack perform below expectations.

Munaf Patel has been in stellar form in the recent domestic matches! He has picked wickets by the bucketfuls! He seems to be back after those injuries and he seems fine now! He is definitely quick! He has been talked about for a long time and has been regarded as India's next pace bowling prospect!

cricket doctor said:

Bhandari hasnt been tried on a full time basis. He has filled in whenever a fast bowler breaks down and gets injured! We have not tried him on a regular basis

cricket doctor said:
Barely. He is good, but just isn't lucky. But, then again, why select him over Pathan, Agarkar, Zaheer and RP?
And I think we have all forgotten Sreesanth. Also very quick.
And we also have an allrounder in the making, Sunny Singh. We should really draft him in for a few games...

One thing different about the last time England were in India Fletcher was building up the team, with players like Flintoff just starting to become a half decent batsman rather than a full-on slogger.

Slogging = Just swinging and hoping. Not Flintoff.
Power Hitting = Trying to hit the ball to the boundary more than he should without looking like a hapless tailender (Simon Jones technique) - Flintoff of old.

Simon Jones has proved in recent times as a decent slogger :D I agree Flintoff has certainly matured as a batsman now and understands his role in the team to score additional runs.

KP can just turn out to be the trump card England possess. I can already imagine him hitting Harbhajan and Kumble all over the place. He is more dangerous than Afridi or Gilchrist becuae he can go on like Sehwag regardless of situation.

m_vaughan said:
Pathan is really struggling to get any pace at the moment. In the Pakistan test match his average speed was around 75 mph. At that pace no matter how much he swings it, hes gonna get hammered all day by Flintoff and Co.

That we will see for sure if Indian bowlers get smashed. Don't worry Dhoni, Pathan and Shewag will also be there to smash off the seamers specially harmison and flintoff. If Kabir Ali plays then he will play for sure. To me he looks like all rounder remember in ODI score 39 runs and plus 2 wickets.

sohummisra said:
Claiming that Pathan will be 'hammered' all day is hogwash. He will not get wickets as easily as he would if he were faster, but he will definitely make the batsmen think.
That is his weapon imo. And he is more dangerous bowling to right handers than left handers, since the ball swinging back into the batsman is difficult to adjust to. But at 75mph, unless you are bowling in Australia, you give the batsman enough time to get into position.

Is Panesar coming to India ?
Also, is Panesar a British player of Indian origin ?
I searched for his name in Cricinfo and found a name as `Madhusudhen Singh Panesar ` !

Well he isnt in the initial squad, but the ECB has yet to name the 16th member, which they have said however will be a spinner. Panesar has competition from the likes of Loudon and Blackwell.

And since he is Sikh, I am pretty sure he is of Indian origin.

Users who are viewing this thread