Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
India don't have anyone like Akthar, and we coped with lee alright and he's faster than Shoaib.

Noooop, pace won't affect either teams on Indian pitches, specially in March-April,when it'll be absolutely dry in India. So, India's main weapons will again be Kumble and Harbhajan.

Sureshot said:
India don't have anyone like Akthar, and we coped with lee alright and he's faster than Shoaib.

Sure we don't have like Aktar but wee do have A fast pace bowler VRV Singh who execeeds the speed of 145 Km/h

stevie said:
There's no point in being quick if you don't have the control, does he have control?
Yeap, I agree. Again I'm saying pace won't matter at all. Tresco and Strauss (..specially)will love it. :cheers :cheers

Pitches

cricket doctor said:
.....and don't forget first 2 test matches are in Nagpur and Mohali, where pitches are seamer friendly.

Admire your knowledge of Indian Cricket. England are very lucky. They have got two tests at the most Seamer-Friendly wickets in India. This will make this series totally different from England in Pakistan because these pitches are totally different from the usual Indian pitches and way more lively than what England got in Pakistan.
Nagpur sometimes plays almost like a Green-Top. Mohali always has had juice for Pacers. England's Pacers could strangle India like McGrath,Gillespe, and Kasprowicz did back in 2004.
England could be up 2-0 before they come to the Dustbowl in Bombay.

cricket doctor said:
Yeap, I agree. Again I'm saying pace won't matter at all. Tresco and Strauss (..specially)will love it. :cheers :cheers

Much as they loved Ahktar's pace.

Also for me Irfan Pathan swings the new ball better than any bowler in world cricket presently (conditions prevailing).

As far as India's pace bowling goes, I think Pathan's form coming back from Pakistan will be of paramount importance. Munaf Patel is way too iffy for me to be selected into the national team, at the moment. He needs to increase his fitness, first on, and regain all the pace that he has lost from breaking down multiple times.

cricket doctor said:
Hey Sohum, can you tell me what sort of bowler is VRV Singh??

Well many people in India rate him highly but actually he is unheard of in the domestic performances.

He played in the Challengers ,got Pathan out on a bouncer but didnt look like bothering anyone.He was Irfans bowling partner in the U-19's days.Those days he was very and by that I mean very wayward.I remember in the U-19 Asian Cup he would take the new ball and would eventually lead to Sunny Singh replacing him after 2-3 overs.

The bowlers of the season have been Munaf Patel (he is seriously quick) and SIddharth Trivedi (in the Pathan mould but bowls right handed).

VRV Singh but will make the grade (if selcetion out of these 3) just because
his state is well represented in the board(read IS Bindra).

Pathan is really struggling to get any pace at the moment. In the Pakistan test match his average speed was around 75 mph. At that pace no matter how much he swings it, hes gonna get hammered all day by Flintoff and Co.

Sureshot said:
we coped with lee alright and he's faster than Shoaib.

I think you were pointing to his slower deliveries which the England batsmen could'nt cope up with. :rolleyes:

m_vaughan said:
Pathan is really struggling to get any pace at the moment. In the Pakistan test match his average speed was around 75 mph. At that pace no matter how much he swings it, hes gonna get hammered all day by Flintoff and Co.
Yeap, its really time now for Indian seamers to think seriously about their pace. They promise much when they start their career, but I don't know what happens to them after some time. Zaheer, Agarkar and now Pathan is a prime e.g. I mean look at Watson, Freddie how they have worked hard in last few years.

@ronny_kingsley-> Thanks for the info mate.

Hariz said:
I think you were pointing to his slower deliveries which the England batsmen could'nt cope up with. :rolleyes:

Eh?

No i was pointing out that Lee is faster than Shoaib.

Users who are viewing this thread