• Test Series Drawn, India wins ODIs

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
stevie said:
Glad I wasn't alone! Still can't believe how easy it seemed to be in the end.

Dhoni was a muppet. The key was getting Satchin and Dravid right after lunch - the rest just crumbled.
The Mumbai pitch is notorius in the last innings but I think it may be more
a psyche thing. Flintoff & Anderson bowled well and Udal just stuck it on a
length and left them to sky it.

Here's some series batting stats

.................Runs...Average..Best

R Dravid......309......61.8......95
W Jaffer......250.....41.66.....100
A Kumble.....128.....32.0.......58
I Pathan......121.....24.2.......52
Y Singh.......64.......21.33.....37
M Dhoni.......106.....21.2.......64
S Tendulkar..83......20.75......34
V Sehwag.....95.....19.0........76
V Laxman......0.......0.0.........0
M Kaif..........91......91.0.......91

P Collingw'd...272....68.0.....134
O Shah........126.....63.0.....88
A Cook........183.....61.0.....104
A Flintoff......264....52.8......70
A Strauss.....237....39.5......128
K Pietersen...216....36.0......87
I Bell...........131.....21.83...57
G Jones........75......15.0....52

India..strongest batting line-up in the world?

There is the series stats...you decide..

===================================
I think its amazing that only one India batsman made a century, during the series , compared with 3 by England.

The third-highest run-maker for India in the series was Anil Kumble with 128 runs. Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar and Dhoni managed 284 runs between them - 11 more than the modestly talented Paul Collingwood.

In fact, most their top order didn't manage an agregate of 100 runs in the whole series!

Can't be healthy being so dependent on a single batsman (Dravid).

Last edited:
modestly talented? He's a very good player, extremely underrated.

Sachin only just outscored Geraint.

JamesyJames3 said:
Yes but Flintoff has always been an all-rounder. Developing a player into an all-rounder can have effects on the stronger element of their game.

It would be a bad move to try make Sreesanth an all-rounder.

He's had the talent to be an all rounder, but his batting has improved heap loads.

Averages 40+ with the bat in the last 2 years.

ronny_kingsley said:
Commentary at its worst in the series.Not a single commentrator who makes sense.

Gower,Botham think that England is the best team that ever played cricket and that idiot Arun Lal seems to suscribe to it.

For Arun Lal only Harbhajan knows to bowl and Yuvraj to bowl and it was funny when he said that Tendulkar's average in the second innings is poor considering he didnt had an average of 45 in his entire carrear.

Get some good commentartors in here like Mark Nicholas,SHahstri,Manjrekar etc.

Spare us Athers,Shiva and Srinath

Shiva and Athers are good commentators imo, undecided on Srinath.

Arun Lal was saying that tongue in cheek btw.

modestly talented? He's a very good player, extremely underrated.

the stat i posted was from cricinfo. "Modestly" was their words , not mine, I am an avid Durham fan!

Also Collingwod is underated, however i feel his batting is best suited to Sub-continental conditions. Sometimes vulnerable to high quality fast bowling (but who isn't).

maniac said:
oh and england is not gonna get india out in a day

You're right, under 2 sessions :D

angryangy said:
England certainly have batted unreasonably slow although no batsman has gone on far enough to show whether they were willing to score faster or if it was some sort of tactic.

They've baffled everyone. :p

Kratz said:
The Indians on the ICF site are claiming the match was fixed. Apparently it's the only thing that can explain the strange fact that their batting collapsed.

:rolleyes:

Batsmen

Eddie said:
India..strongest batting line-up in the world?

Yes, to quote Naseer Hussain "Any bowler will dread bowling to a line-up with names like Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid, and Laxman".

Steve Waugh's XI "The Best Cricket Team in History" lost to India largely due to India's batting.

Ask "The all time best bowler in Cricket" Shane Warne, which team was the hardest to bowl to, even on a turn-table?

Eddie said:
Can't be healthy being so dependent on a single batsman (Dravid).

He's "Done It All" by himself so many times.

Good job England; it takes a sad Indian to say that England outplayed us, but good job.

newzolt said:
England were the better team of the two and they well deserved this victory.Playing with a depleted side they put up a brilliant show.They were better in all aspects..Batting,bowling and fielding.
Should India look forward to different teams for ODI and test matches.I mean player selection in both these form of games should also include a parameter of temperament.

very well said was expecting to come on here
crying and being bad losers well said England r a
world class tesst outfit and will give Aussies a
close run in Australia

donkey said:
what was he trying to do he barely faced 11 ballz :mad
man we desperatly need VVS Laxman back

But Laxman hasnt been in earth shaking form to support that claim that he might have saved India here! We were positive in going with 5 bowlers and the decision was right. The toss, Dravid ought to have batted first and the batting, has become over reliant on RAHUL DRAVID just like how it was on Sachin in the 90's.

Indiangod said:
Does anyone still think India is the best batting line up in the world?, I dont, its just too much overhyped.

I'm Very dissapointed with the outcome, oh well, I hope thier will be better days for India to come.

India's is not the best batting line up in the world. We are only the strongest batting line up in the world. The best batting line up in the world right now should as usual be Australia because even though they have fallen a bit from their previous years, they still are more consistent than other current teams as far as batting!

Yes, to quote Naseer Hussain "Any bowler will dread bowling to a line-up with names like Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid, and Laxman".

2-3 seasons ago maybe..not now

Steve Waugh's XI "The Best Cricket Team in History" lost to India largely due to India's batting.

yet again..not recently..

Ask "The all time best bowler in Cricket" Shane Warne, which team was the hardest to bowl to, even on a turn-table?

That's cos they are the best players of "SPIN BOWLING". No point in being invincible against spin if you can't bat against pace, swing and seam bowling.

India's line-up is over-hyped due to them making too many "easy" runs on flat pitches against mediocre bowling attacks.

Australia is still the "best batting" side in the World (IMHO), the are pretty adept on all surfaces.

Eddie said:
India's line-up is over-hyped due to them making too many "easy" runs on flat pitches against mediocre bowling attacks.

To be fair, Tendulkar and particularly Dravid (Isn't his record away from home better than at home?) can make runs away from home. It's players like Jaffer who aren't terribly clever against the moving ball, as was proved when he was in England in 2002 and again in this test.

Due to the hot demand for a song from me! :)

When we draw the series, this is what we sing...
We are England!
We are England!
Freddie is our King!!!

Well deserved, looking at the series on a whole, I would say England played the better cricket over all. Especially seeing as India had their full strength squad available. The England B team did us proud. The mighty Udal!!! :)

Reasons for this result:toss...pitch....lack of application.....buttery fingers.off course all these on the Indian side.
Good performance by England.

JamesyJames3 said:
Due to the hot demand for a song from me! :)

When we draw the series, this is what we sing...
We are England!
We are England!
Freddie is our King!!!

Well deserved, looking at the series on a whole, I would say England played the better cricket over all. Especially seeing as India had their full strength squad available. The England B team did us proud. The mighty Udal!!! :)
Bad song but great win.....for England that is :p

Awesome stuff. I dint get to see the game, but what a result this is for England. Without so many key players out, to level the series against a full strength Indian side at home, is a great achievement. Kudos to the great man Flintoff, the coach Duncan Fletcher, and all the youngsters in the side who I thought performed really well. As much as we hate and curse Shaun Udal, did get the wickets needed today, so he must be congratulated as well.

Even though the series ends in a draw, it is a moral boosting result for the visitors, who, against all odds, hold on to the position of the 2nd best side in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread