England in New Zealand

Bah.
I'd usually support England but with Fleming retiring I really want New Zealand to win as comprehensively as possible.

If the openers can get a flying start, I say the game is still alive, on this pitch.

But the New Zealand batting lineup is worse then some county/state teams so its not likely...

But the New Zealand batting lineup is worse then some county/state teams so its not likely...

Like?
I disagree. Whilst it's a young batting line up and unproven there is talent there. After losing basically the whole batting attack we've had to rebuild as best as possible. Not easy. McCullum, Styris, Oram are right up there. Ryder and Taylor in a few years will be too.

10 sixes in a ininng.and out of that Colly sent the bowl 6 times out of the ground.wow..

boundaries are looking like very short here.England need to get out RYDER and McCULLUM early otherwise we might have thrilling chase.

Anderson is getting some early treatment.I think Colly need to bring Broad early.Because both the opners have shown their Intence..England need wicket here.

Thats my man Broad.Thanks colly.
Ryder the danger man gone.

Last edited:
Now game still wide open.NZ needs 137 to win in 19 overs with oram still to come...
Colly need to keep momentum.Do something.Get yourself couple of overs..

Wow, James Anderson has gone to a new level.

I agree with irottev, NZ can chase this. It also seems like England maybe didn't score as much as they should have.

Cross your fingers for the dreaded drinks break.

I still think it just a matter about one or two wickets.
England prime bowler were horrible and that put them in this stats.
Anyway 4 overs left for COLLY.Hope he'll do some tricks.
My money still on England.

It also seems like England maybe didn't score as much as they should have.

Cross your fingers for the dreaded drinks break.

I think 340 is easily defendable.Only matter is England bowlers not getting right line.England were batting first so they didn't have any target but ya you can say they short by 20 runs..
Anyway thats brilliant from HOW.Just more than class.Hats off.
I think NZ running towards vicitory so fast.:(

this is more like 20-20 chase now. styris is my man to win for nz now.

I wasted my whole night.I want England to win today.but nothing was in my hand except cheers!!I am disappointed so much.:crying
I was watching from 2am till now.
Now i don't want to see england lost after 340.Going for lecture but anything can do there is :crying and sleeping.

On a ground like this, what is the right line? The boundaries are short, the outfield is pristine and the pitch is flat and true, not to mention it is a perfect sunny day. The batsmen take ones and twos off every good length ball, never mind the balls that are a few inches short or full, which are ploughed for four. This forces the bowler to alternate. The bouncer is a risk because the batsman is likely to put it away comfortably. You can turn to the yorker, but you can't bowl 300 yorkers in an innings. The attempted yorkers are also going to be punished. Continual variation is a difficult skill and only a few ODI bowlers are really good at it.

I have stopped watching game as NZ will win for sure and IPL bidding is abt to start. Just as I switched to watch score Styris gets out.

Fulton seemed a bit stiff there, usually a sharper athlete. I wonder if his form problem is a bit of a fitness niggle.

Wait, have England forgot the final over? Sidebottom is on his last now, then you'd assume they'd bowl Anderson, so is Mascarenhas going to bowl 1 over, after being forgotten the entire match?

omg sack the 3rd umpire

Last edited:
This is nail bitting stuff. Whats Luke Wright doing with ball?

Vettori you idiot. NZ would have loved Vettori to be run out than How. England can sneak in this one.

Last edited:
You English are damned lucky not to lose that. We messed it up big time. Styris, Oram playing stupid shots. Fulton being sent in at all was a big mistake.

Bah.

Users who are viewing this thread