England in New Zealand

Not saying bringing on Shah in the first place was a bad idea, it was right to try and change things abit, but I think 4 overs would've been enough, then you can give Dimi or Wright a go, which makes the batsman adjust again to a different type of bowling.

For the next game they have to either use Mascaranhas more, or they may as well play Swann or Tredwell.

Well Swann has to play. He can take wickets in the middle over and that's been the problem in the series when Swann's being left out.

Collingwood has lost a bit of confidence with Mascaranhas but if that is true, why is he playing?

Luke Wright bowled a pretty good last over and probably has the right to bowl a bit more as well as Collingwood. We do need those top 3 seamers to bowler better especially Anderson and Broad who sometimes don't turn up.

I don't know how you can criticise Broad, he's been te best player on this tour and was class in Sri Lanka, and whilst not bowling well today he still picked up 2 wickets on a pitch where they were incredibly rare.

Broad picked up 2, but was not England's best bowler. Ryan Sidebottom was again unlucky, he bowled beautifully, and without his bowling we'd have been trounced. Jimmy got hammered, but i think he made up for it with his magnificent fielding. Wright's last over was epic, showed how well he copes under pressure, he was also great with the bat.

Was an entertaining game, Jamie How played beautifully for his 138, first time i've ever seen him really excel. Credit for England's total has to go to Phil Mustard for setting the tone and playing a real part in getting England started brilliantly; Colly was the pick of the batsmen though. Colly's innings was one of the best innings from an Englishman i've seen in Odi's for years, probably since KP's first hundred in South Africa. Vettori was out though, so we should have won.

I don't think england need to do any big changes for last match.Team looks good,momentum with them.about swann i must say he doesn't deserve place for final match.because COLLY had started tournament with him.but he wasn't able to take wickets in first two ODIs.

Well Swann has to play. He can take wickets in the middle over and that's been the problem in the series when Swann's being left out.

Collingwood has lost a bit of confidence with Mascaranhas but if that is true, why is he playing?

Luke Wright bowled a pretty good last over and probably has the right to bowl a bit more as well as Collingwood. We do need those top 3 seamers to bowler better especially Anderson and Broad who sometimes don't turn up.

Broad was expensive today/yesterday but you can't see he sometimes doesn't turn up. Take a look at his record and you'll find that he's taken wickets in nearly all of the last 10-15 games. Anderson is a mystery though.

Broad picked up 2, but was not England's best bowler.
I never said he was Englands best bowler in this match....

Anyway Tremlett shouldn't play, basmen can get too comfortable against him when they know he's only going to get them out one way. Shouldn't even be in the OD squad.

Broad was expensive today/yesterday but you can't see he sometimes doesn't turn up. Take a look at his record and you'll find that he's taken wickets in nearly all of the last 10-15 games. Anderson is a mystery though.

No, he has done brilliantly in Sri Lanka and in this series but today wasn't his day today. I like Broad and he will only get better from these experiences and I'm sure he put it right, hopefully next game.

Jimmy Anderson though is very up and down these days. He seems to be bowling well one game and badly the next. We need him to be consistant with the new ball. Sidebottom is excellent with the new ball but he needs support at the other end.

scott-styris.jpg

happywario.jpg

:D

I don't know how you can criticise Broad, he's been te best player on this tour and was class in Sri Lanka, and whilst not bowling well today he still picked up 2 wickets on a pitch where they were incredibly rare.

I praised him for the way he started because he bowled very well on a wicket that was absolutely ideal for batting, but why not just carry on bowling that way rather than try so many variations? It was a pitch where the bowlers had to be patient rather than do different things. Atleast he didn't keep banging it in half way down, ala Martin, O'Brien and Anderson!

Last edited:
I think O'Brien needs to be replaced by Jeetan Patel in the final game. Fulton needs to go, bring in Flynn.

I'm happy with the top 5, but Oram MUST come at 6. Fulton coming in the other night really ruined our momentum. The only role he's good at is the revival role. We'd have to be 80-5 for him to be any use and that's just negative thinking really.

O'Brien just can't be given another go. Sure it was a belter, but he bowls pies. We can't afford to use him in the tests either.

Some good news for us is that Mark Gillespie is back playing for Wellington. He's a bit of a mixed bag, but we have no one better at the moment.

Vettori was out though, so we should have won.

Well, it was a funny one. In 1 shot it looked lifted, in the other it looked like it may still have been grounded at the first point of the bail coming off. Either way, i'd perfer Vettori got out. Mills is just as good, i'm sure he could have found a single.

Vettori 14 from 15 balls was slow. He couldn't even score a run a ball, and if he had of, we would have won. He didn't even attempt a run off the second last ball and got run out anyway. If he'd have crossed then How would have been on strike. How would have hit a boundary with the form he was in. He at least would have gotten the 2 we needed. Fulton 0 off 4 was the other reason we lose. Useless.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]Vettori was out though, so we should have won.[/QUOTE]

No you wrong.If Umpire would have given that out then NZ would have won.
It were all Vettori's mistakes that we got tie.
I totally Agree with irottev if there were Mills there.It could be a different result.
Vettori 14 from 15 balls was not only slow.But Stupid also.He should have got out for How instead of that He got him out.Watch the last ball again Any all rounder In the world would have hit that for 2.
There wasn't any regular bowler who bowling last over and I can't belive He didn't made it.
That was poor from Vettori.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Masceranhas dropped for the next game. For some reason Collingwood seems to have lost confidence in his bowling ability. I would support this too - give us an extra bowler.

Swann will be good choice.Because he already played in the series before.and he can bat a bit..
Here Preview for last ODI between England and NewZeland.I know,i wrote it bad.But let me try.I'll improve as i get more practise.

It'd have to be Swann for me, this is a final and I don't think giving Tredwell a chance there would be too smart.

Users who are viewing this thread