England in New Zealand

Well that was worth staying up for, still lack a batsmen with character, oh well Broads shown why he's got to be a regular and is a real positive. Batting, well not one of them looked comfortable on that wicket apart from possibly Mustard who I thought looked quite god after he got started. I don't know why all our fans were expecting a win anyway, oh well this happened in the first ODI in Sri Lanka, bring in Dimi and we'll be ok.

Moores has made a big mistake taking Tredwell imo, we should have taken an extra seamer like Onions or Plunkett (even if he is shockingly out of form, we know he can do it at this level)

The squads aren't picked by Moores alone.

Well the selectors too then, but someone should have said we don't need 2 spinners in New Zealand, or am I forgetting Tremlett, is he in the squad? I guess though if he plays ahead of Swann everyone will worry about our batting depth, my god we need Fred back.

Tremlett is in the squad. Remember that New Zealand often play 2 spinners...

England can't pick Tremlett. He's not a ODI bowler from what he proved in the ODi's against India this summer. He has no variation, such as a bouncer and proves he is way too predictable.

Tremlett is in the squad. Remember that New Zealand often play 2 spinners...
theirs are good :p Well we should have come into this series with an extra seamer imo just because I believe they will do better than Tredwell but I don't think either tredwell or Tremlett should play anyway but it would be nice to have the option. Having said that it Tredwell peformed best for the lions and his batting could prove useful, but I doubt he'll play whilst had we brought along someone like Onions or Kirtley I think they could have gotten a game with Broad at 8 and Sidebum at 9.

shocking...but england just have to kick back and play proper cricket in the second game

As i said pace early is important but with bell and Kp chopping on and collingwood run out its poor batting as well as good bowling

lets just hope england sort it out for the next game and produce the goods

no wikcets for vettori negative bowling

I am so glad I watched the match. Out for 130, do a bit better, England. We bowled great to skittle England and we brought it home well. 1-0, roll on Hamilton.

EDIT: I just realised there is no game in Dunedin! What a con, I thought the fourth ODI was there! I was planning to go there.

England can't pick Tremlett. He's not a ODI bowler from what he proved in the ODi's against India this summer. He has no variation, such as a bouncer and proves he is way too predictable.

Totally agree n i don't feel there were any problem with england's bowling,they didnt get chance.you can't defend 130 on gud bowling pitch.
There were no problem in team selection they just did not gud enough in batting.
KP,BELL,COLLY,COOK everybody needs to click.its time for show.

To be honest the pitch fooled everyone. New Zealand had the bowlers to bowl effectively on there but take nothing away from how well they bowled and fielded. They didn't give England anything.

no wikcets for vettori negative bowling

HAH! He's the top ranked ODI bowler in the world. (well behind Shane Bond but he's gone. Did you even watch the match? He beat the bat, hurried the batsman and was causing all sorts of trouble. He did attack. Why would he take his foot off England's throat and bowl pies? Infact, Vettori could have bowed at the tail for cheap wickets if he wanted, but he went for Patel. Unselfish player.

If we had Shane Bond on the park we'd have 3 bowlers in the top 10 leading our attack and one at 15 apparently. That would be impressive. Even so, it's great having the 3 highly ranked guys we do have.

Also more bad news for NZ. Looks like Vincent won't be playing any time soon. He said he doesn't want to. He's been having problems with depression, which is sad.

I think we could add in Hitchcock or Mason for Fulton next time around. e bats too low. I'd love to see Mason, though Hitchcock is great with the bat. Will be interesting to see what we do. I think on a not-so-helpful pitch we may need another bowler. Styris has his days, but we can't depend on 10 tidy overs from him all the time.

Best Lesson for england is Match going on now...how Hussey is taking care of Aus total...On other day Shah Need to done this for england to got them 200...But thats the differnce between 2 side IMO..

HAH! He's the top ranked ODI bowler in the world. (well behind Shane Bond but he's gone. Did you even watch the match? He beat the bat, hurried the batsman and was causing all sorts of trouble. He did attack. Why would he take his foot off England's throat and bowl pies? Infact, Vettori could have bowed at the tail for cheap wickets if he wanted, but he went for Patel. Unselfish player.

If we had Shane Bond on the park we'd have 3 bowlers in the top 10 leading our attack and one at 15 apparently. That would be impressive. Even so, it's great having the 3 highly ranked guys we do have.

Also more bad news for NZ. Looks like Vincent won't be playing any time soon. He said he doesn't want to. He's been having problems with depression, which is sad.

I think we could add in Hitchcock or Mason for Fulton next time around. e bats too low. I'd love to see Mason, though Hitchcock is great with the bat. Will be interesting to see what we do. I think on a not-so-helpful pitch we may need another bowler. Styris has his days, but we can't depend on 10 tidy overs from him all the time.

We can't afford to have Mason and MArtin together with the inexperienced batting lineup we got. That's the only reason Mills is in the side at his current form with the ball.

Fulton's natural position is number 4 or 5. Taylor should be 3. How should open, and Ryder should pop all the way down to 6 with his power hitting.

But once again, the selectors love to stuff around with the batting order. I have yet to see a consistent batting lineup this summer.

How is terrible. Even with their declining numbers, they shouldn't be needing to resort to him just yet.

Now Show will be more Intresting,as Newzeland won't make life easy for england..and other hane England Need to fire with all Cylinders..Serise still very Much open but i want to see England winning serise comfortabely..

Last edited:
How is terrible. Even with their declining numbers, they shouldn't be needing to resort to him just yet.

I disagree. How is a very good player. He's still pretty new. He showed against South Africa and Australia that he's good. He's just being mucked around in the batting order too much just like Fulton.

That's the only reason Mills is in the side at his current form with the ball.

I disagree with this also. Mills is 5th ranked in ODI bowling. He's not in the best form, but he's the best paceman we have. Martin in the past has been terrible, it's only recently that he's starting to cement a spot.

Mason and Martin shouldn't have to do a lot of batting if they're 10 and 11, but I see your point. Would you rather we took in 4 bowlers and bowled 10 overs of part time? If Ryder is up for bowling 10 odd overs I'd leave Fulton in. He bowled well enough in the Twenty/20's and bowls well for CD, so I don't see why he couldn't be used. That may be the plan. I don't think 10 overs from Styris can be banked on each game though.

Users who are viewing this thread