England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
So your saying we (pakistanis) will make fun of Bell? Afridi accepted that he did it with anger, Bell did not...

P.S what happened to your Vaughan? Or is it just a bad day?

Pak_cricketer said:
So your saying we (pakistanis) will make fun of Bell? Afridi accepted that he did it with anger, Bell did not...

The Bell situation is exactly the same as all the other contravercial catches. It happens over and over.

The afridi incident was blatent cheating. Blaming the exscuse on anger is pure crap. He needs to be dealt with.

If Bell gets geered and boo'd in Pakistan, he will accept it. It happens. The thing is the crowds in Pakistan will be nothing compared to the crowds in England.

andrew_nixon said:
So you'll be giving him stick like some pathetic 6 year old kid then?

He will be getting stick which is part and parcel of the sporting world. Its part of life, it even adds to the game. The passion of rivalry.

Examples:

Man Utd .v. Man City - Both sets of fans give each other and each others players stick.

However in cricket due to the inequality in levels of fans, the home side dishes out the stick.

Saying that giving out stick is acting like a 6 year old is a bit generalisation. It makes the game more entertaining. You show passion through it. However, there is a line and its not to be crossed. But, Afridi definately deserves major stick for his actions today.

JamesyJames3 said:
If Bell gets geered and boo'd in Pakistan, he will accept it. It happens. The thing is the crowds in Pakistan will be nothing compared to the crowds in England.

These Pakistani crowds can really give you stick. Just watch when they play India and you will see what I mean.

aussie1st said:
These Pakistani crowds can really give you stick. Just watch when they play India and you will see what I mean.

They cant even fill the stadiums. Maybe for games versus India, but this is the England in Pakistan thread!

JamesyJames3 said:
They cant even fill the stadiums. Maybe for games versus India, but this is the England in Pakistan thread!

And what does the football stuff you were posting above have anything to do with this thread?
If Pak were in England, the English wouldn't come close to filling up their stadiums. And if they did its due the pathetically small capacities.

aussie1st said:
If Pak were in England, the English wouldn't come close to filling up their stadiums. And if they did its due the pathetically small capacities.

Just a note, the Trent Bridge test next summer is sold out already. :p

Pak_cricketer said:
P.S what happened to your Vaughan? Or is it just a bad day?

A pretty handy 88mph yorker from Rana happened!

stevie said:
Just a note, the Trent Bridge test next summer is sold out already. :p

A pretty handy 88mph yorker from Rana happened!

15000 capacity I rest my case! :)

Lets see more of those 88mph yorkers from Rana :D And maybe a few 100mph thunderbolts from Akhtar ;)

s2sschan said:
Does anyone know where I can see live coverage of eng vs pak on the net?

If your after a free feed then no, because that would be illegal and this site does not support illegal operations. I personally don't know where you would find a legal feed.

Bell also cheated. It is quite evident (except to you English people) that he dropped the ball then caught it again. That comes in the context of cheating aswell. Mahanama needs a good kick up his backside so that he should look into these matters rather closely. It was more controversial than Inzi's run out, since the run out was the case of lack of knowledge of the umpires. I think Bell should get a ban for this. Face it he cheated.

On another note, I think Afridi has brought shame on our nation. Why the heck did he want to do that?! Pakistan were on top and the next thing you know Mr.Afridi performs some wierd dance on the pitch and ends up ruining it! Unacceptable behaviour and its good that he got punished.

Users who are viewing this thread