England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Oh sorry guys I was too excited seeing Pakistan beat England that I stuffed up the little things. Anyway well deserved victory guys.
The English batsmen have only themselves to blame. They should have won the 1st test but great bowling from Pakistan and poor technique from the English stopped this.
Then in the 1st inns of this match England should have got way more than 288. Collingwood got 90 odd so it shows that it was possible to bat on this surface as long as you were paticent.

I think Shoaib Akhtar should have got the man of the match award because a 5 wicket haul on this pitch is one big effort & plus it could have given him some more confidence and encouragement considering that this was his comeback series.
Full credit to Akhtar & Kaneria who blew English batting apart right after lunch. Excellent effort!!! :hpraise :hpraise

After lunch I went to away and what the f**k! Pakistan just killed England! Nine wickets in 43 runs. :laugh

And we already got some decisions against us in the early morning. Kaneria's second ball was denied LBW by Hair. Koertzen was on fire again when he denied a plumb LBW of Sami. How long do they want to go with this?

And whatever the outcome is of the ODI series this tour is already succesful for Pakistan, since the Test series are way more important then ODI series.

Pakistan move upto the forth place
here are the current test rankings

Team Matches Points Rating
1-Australia 43 5514 128
2-England 42 4763 113
3-India 30 3361 112
4-Pakistan 30 3100 103
5-South Africa 35 3517 100
6-New Zealand 26 2598 100
7-Sri Lanka 27 2678 99
8-West Indies 36 2615 73
9-Zimbabwe 21 563 27
10-Bangladesh 28 146 5

? ICC

Thats good news for Pak although NZ and SA are only 3 points behind. Pakistan need to continue this form or this win will just be casted off as a Pakistan can only win at home as is the case for the English.

stevie said:
I sincerely hope not, I don't want to have a Somerset County Cricket Club avatar!

Congratulations. :clap

m_vaughan said:
Bell and Pietersen are playing really well on a pitch that seems to be getting flatter.

Draw almost certain now.

Congratulations to Pakistan on the series win, but we will win in the summer

Great to see this kind of attitude. I remember when seeing England on TV in the 90's they had the same. I think it's better to think about what will happen in the ODI series. then what in India and against Sri Lanka. Better see it step by step, then a whole jump, because maybe in summer you can see England in the worst possible shape. Defeats against these countries certainly won't raise the spirit.

aussie1st said:
Thats good news for Pak although NZ and SA are only 3 points behind. Pakistan need to continue this form or this win will just be casted off as a Pakistan can only win at home as is the case for the English.

I think it's quoting time. The Aussies should start quoting posts like the English did after they won the Ashes. ;)

Sadly those English still have the Ashes so I better not start quoting or they will bring up bad memories. But you Pakistani fans go right ahead they got nothing on you :D

Well played Pakistan. They have been the better team by far since the second test and fully deserve to win the series. England, after losing the first test, a game they should have won, seemed unable to bat properly in these conditions. It all went downhill from there.

Lets see if we can do any better in the one dayers.

m_vaughan said:
Well, I'll say this again - I want to see the home side win a match after fielding first. If they do I'll readily accept defeat. Something tells me it wont be third time lucky for Inzy with the toss.
Here you go m_vaughan,we have defeat your team by an innings & 100 runs :p

Last edited:
This series lose will definitely bring the Eng morale down...... this will really be seen in the ODI's i guess....

lollllllllllzzzzzzzzzzz @ m_vaughan
man your predictions are killer ones.......

well done Pakistan cricket team.we are proud of u.well done inzi,shoaib and all team mates.and bad luck England team,Umpires(i think they also tred very hard for England to get back in the series).
and i think ODI series result will be 5-0 or 4-1(inshALLAH).coz Pakistan have much better team and performance in ODI. :D

All right guys, that was a good start. You have to look at the first pages to get better quotes. For example:

barmyarmy said:
Blimey, only 7 weeks... :p
One we really should win as we won there last time with a weaker team but who knows?

Now you know!

Sando said:
You might like to think about taking a cold shower and a lie down, it sounds as though your health may be in danger. ;)

This shapes up to be a great series, Pakistan certainly in with a shot in the ODI's but imo no chance in the Test series. Pakistan never seem to be able to play consistently well even though one Test match. I'm sure with players such as Kaneria, Shoaib, Inzi and Yousuf Pakistan with have their moments, but I personally can't see them putting it together long enough to win the series against England.

Hopefully I'm proven wrong, somebody needs to knock these English fans down a peg or two! ;)

After seeing the performances of Pakistan, I can see you taking this back! Putting it not long enough. :laugh They have dominated after they won the First Test.

Mahesh Babu said:
England will crush the pakistanis into pieces this time.Pieterson are you listening?

Just let him have his moment, before he answers this. :crying

UsmanCHADDA said:
In Tests England are definitely the favourites, in ODIs though I would alter my statement a little and say that Pakistan may start as favourites. In Tests, the Pakistanis produce a good performance in two-three sessions and then blow it away. In Akhtar we've got a match-winner, but we've also got a loser in him, who only plays for himself and walks off whenever the team needs him. My main worry about Akhtar is whether he is fit enough to stay on the field, and bowl a maximum of 10-15 overs per spell. If he can do that, he can become the destructive force again. IMO he, Kaneria, Inzamam and Yoyo hold the key to defeating England in tests.

Obviously Akhtar was the frontline of the bowling attack. I've never seen dedicated like this.

Indiangod said:
Doubt it, Pakistan getting stronger by the day and england's on top form at the moment, beating pakistan in pakistan will be tough. My moneys on pakistan 2-1.

Almost right!

JamesyJames3 said:
England either 2-0 or 2-1, England have come on leaps and bounds since we last toured pakistan, and we won then! pakistan havent come on like england, this should be a tough, but well earned series victory for england.

JamesyJames3 said:
pieterson will destroy sami, like he did lee if he gets going. Then Sami's confidence will be down again! :)

JamesyJames3 said:
What quality? :p I cant see any of your bowlers being better than what we have jjust faced in australia? :p

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

I think this was a good example.

that might not be the case if Eng has not lost the test series, but after the test lost, their morale will be down... so we may expect this result....else in normal conditions, it will be a 50-50 because Eng have defeated the aussies in certain ODI's recently..
So even now, we should not underestimate them....

Users who are viewing this thread