England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
hey guys wat u think about Umpiring in this series and also about English commentators who never said that Pakistanis are playing good or something.......

Hey don't quote me amongst English fans! I'm glad I was wrong. I truly am surprised at this result. Pakistan to me haven't had any team continuity over the past couple of years, seemingly making changes every game. I also thought they would miss Razzaq and Afridi in the first match.

I was really impressed with Shoaib though, thought he bowled beautifully on surfaces that provided him no assistance at all. Not suprised with the performance of Akmal in this last match. I had the pleasure of seeing him in action a couple of times when the Pakistani's last played in Australia, he's a player.

Interesting battle developing for the #2 Test ranking, should be fun to watch it unfold over the next couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Go Pakistan. This is the best i have seen our team play for a long long time over the length of a series. England were totally outplayed by a Pakistani side blessed with talent in all shape and form. Yousuf has palyed his best test innings, Akmal has shown his class, Inzi has always been there, Shoaib has scared the living hell out of English batsmen and kaneria has mesmerised them late is the series.
Umpires tried their best throughout the series to stop the pakistani assault but even with their help England could not beat us. I wonder how badly we may have beaten the pmoies with NEUTRAL umpires. Daryll Hair you are not welcome here next time.
And I dont see many congrats from English fans, I wonder why.

Congratulations! to all the Pakistan fans out there. Tremendous performances by Shoaib, Inzy, and Yusuf. Despite being Indian, I enjoyed every minute of Pakistan's game in this series. Man, these guys are giants. Add Kaneria, Afridi, Younis Khan, Rana Naved, Sami, and Salman Butt, now you have a world beating team in the making.

I am a little worried about my team India now. How's India going to do stand up to this new Pakistan team under Inzy and Woolmer?

Congrats to the Pakistan guys again and thanks for providing such great entertainment.

stevie said:
I sincerely hope not, I don't want to have a Somerset County Cricket Club avatar!

Famous last word's...

Yet again our batting proves to be extremely fragile. To have been bowled out for less than 300 on a wonderful batting pitch is utterly ridiculous. Fortunately I didn't wake up until the radio coveraged finished. Anyway, well played Pakistan, apart from the first test you were better than us but I can't help thinking that we've beaten ourselves more than anything. The batsmen really need to talk to the bowlers about hard work and about sticking at your task.

sami ullah khan said:
Umpires tried their best throughout the series to stop the pakistani assault but even with their help England could not beat us. I wonder how badly we may have beaten the pmoies with NEUTRAL umpires. Daryll Hair you are not welcome here next time.

yeah, i pretty much agree with you there. shocking stuff from hair, i don't think he is world class stuff. but do we really want to play a game where technology decides who is in or out? i sincerely hope not. it's ok with run-outs and stumpings and the occasional catch, but not LBW's.

Hair and Koertzen are a joke. They should be sacked from the ICC Panel, maybe even Steve Bucknor. That doesn't leave us with much does it! They should call younger umpires aged 25-40 whose senses are still working fine.

Adarsh said:
Hair and Koertzen are a joke. They should be sacked from the ICC Panel, maybe even Steve Bucknor. That doesn't leave us with much does it! They should call younger umpires aged 25-40 whose senses are still working fine.

Exactly right. And we can also look around and see that younger umpires are the one who are performing well. ICC should now really address the matter.
I dont mean to be cynical but have u also observed that more often than not pakistan has been at the receiving end of mistakes in the series.

Last edited:
Great win for Pakistan! I think England would play better if they were playing at home against Pakistan. But still credit goes to Pakistani team. Great batting and excellent bowling.

JamesyJames3 said:
Akhtar is inconsistant, rana is accurate but no mcgrath, and kaneria, yes hes good, but not as good as a certain leggy we have just faced! :p

I think England will deal with them all pretty well, especially akhtar, i cant see him doing anything. yes hes got county wickets, but thats not that big an achievement.

Come on jamesy. Why are not you speaking up. May be thats why they say that keep your words sweat and soft, you may have to eat them later on. Our puny weak bowling attack made mincemeat of your colossal batting line up. Hope your words taste good.

preet said:
Great win for Pakistan! I think England would play better if they were playing at home against Pakistan. But still credit goes to Pakistani team. Great batting and excellent bowling.

It would make no difference where it was played if the batsmen can't apply themselves. I don't want to sound like i'm taking anything away from the Pakistan bowlers though, but our batsman weren't good enough and that's why we lost the series. You don't go from 101-0 in the first innings and 205-2 in the second innings to be all out for less than 300, on a batting pitch without some poor batting.

Last edited:
lol...I think I should indeed stop making predicitions. I did mean Bell and Collingwood in that post, but I have to say after that the England collapse did indeed start. But what a fantastic spell that was from Kaneria and Shoaib. Well this series has shown a new and a better Shoaib Akhtar, and a very very dangerous one. I thought he has bowled with a lot more dedication and commitment, both of which were lacking over the past 1-2 years.

Pakistan after winning this test, despite having lost the toss, proved clearly that they were the better side. But this was probably 20% of the England side that beat Australia. England's Ashes win was fair and square, and you cannot call it a fluke, because I dont believe in flukes that last as long as four test matches. England outplayed the Aussies then, but sadly havent been anything like that in Pakistan.

But now, as far as the test arena is concerned, India will probably face the backlash. England will be very disappointed with this 2-0 defeat and will be fully prepared for the second part of the subcontinental tour. We will also have a full strength side hopefully for that series, with Jones and Strauss back, and in full form. Like I said this was just one bad series, and it cannot undo all that England have achieved over the past two years.

Australia will still have to beat us to win the Ashes back.

And I am also looking forward to Pakistan's tour of England.

Overall a good test series imo. I thought the toss played a big role in Pakistan's victories in the 1st test, but the last two they simply played better. Its time to move on to the one day series.

Cheers.
m_vaughan
Global Mod
planetcricket.org

sami ullah khan said:
Come on jamesy. Why are not you speaking up. May be thats why they say that keep your words sweat and soft, you may have to eat them later on. Our puny weak bowling attack made mincemeat of your colossal batting line up. Hope your words taste good.

I stand by my comments. Your bowling attack is nothing compared to Australia's. Ive also made quite clear what I think of your bowling attack.

sami ullah khan said:

LoL :) :D

Im glad Pakistan won.
Well done.

P.S Take that England.

sami ullah khan said:
Go Go Pakistan. This is the best i have seen our team play for a long long time over the length of a series. England were totally outplayed by a Pakistani side blessed with talent in all shape and form. Yousuf has palyed his best test innings, Akmal has shown his class, Inzi has always been there, Shoaib has scared the living hell out of English batsmen and kaneria has mesmerised them late is the series.
And I dont see many congrats from English fans, I wonder why.

Hair and Koertzen will umpire in the upcoming ODI series: http://www.icc-cricket.com/umpires-referees/appointments.html

Hair two and Koertzen three ODI's. Today's umpiring decisions were England 3 and Pakistan 1. Including Kaneria's hattrick being denied and Jones LBW where he had a bat.

Adarsh said:

They are getting the so called 'workload' off by extending the the umpires panel from 7 to 10 umpires: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/228145.html

Now I hope they aren't copies of Hair, Bowden or Koertzen.

Good news for Pakistan. Razzaq is fit for the ODI series. And Hameed is coming in the ODI squad. In domestic cricket he is in form. Younis Khan comes back. Arafat is also in the squad. He took nine wickets in a warm up match.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakveng/content/story/228326.html

Users who are viewing this thread