England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
JamesyJames3 said:
I stand by my comments. Your bowling attack is nothing compared to Australia's. Ive also made quite clear what I think of your bowling attack.

Agreed, it was the batting that let us down, they got themselves out.

Congratulations to all Pakistan supporters for this amazing win for our beloved team. What a great effort and what a great attitude from them. I really thought they would go fo a draw rather than a win, but they went right for the kill!! Bring on the ODIs and bring on India!!

themuel1 said:
Don't you dare take this away from our bowlers. There were a few instances where you could say that, and pretty much the whole first inning of this test, but overall, Pakistani bowling has been great to say the least. Just look at how good Akhtar was bowling today on a seemingly lifeless pitch. And the first ball duck of Flintoff by Kaneria, great googly!!

themuel1 said:

thats a bit harsh isn't it. SHoaib and Kaneria were awesome i think. yes, england played poorly, but i think a very good effort from the pakistan bowlers. Englands bowlers have alot to answer for i think. particularly on day three.

okay, What about the shoaib ball to get vaughanie, one of the greatest never seen it dip so much

nightprowler10 said:
Congratulations to all Pakistan supporters for this amazing win for our beloved team. What a great effort and what a great attitude from them. I really thought they would go fo a draw rather than a win, but they went right for the kill!! Bring on the ODIs and bring on India!!

I wouldn't say that. Being that confident (and sometimes cocky like some people here), couldn't eventually turn out bad. For me India is a good team. From the past two tours, the matches have been pretty close and you never know what the outcome is.

langerrox said:
okay, What about the shoaib ball to get vaughanie, one of the greatest never seen it dip so much

As the commentators said that he completely FOOLED him. Akhtar really hide the slower ball there. I thought he was going to bowl a fiercy one, till he come up with that. Never seen a ball like that.

If you mean today, he used it too. That's how they were LBW all of them. But yesterday's bowl was a great piece of bowling. It's like he created a new weapon. He has got a great pace, but still goes occasionally for the slower ball. Now I hope the English newspapers don't call this cheating too just like when they felt the art of reverse swing.

ZexyZahid said:
Now I hope the English newspapers don't call this cheating too just like when they felt the art of reverse swing.

Now that's abit over the top. I know our newspapers can be pathetic but they're more likely to rip England's batting performance over the series apart, which is fair enough.

Bell and Collingwood were uncertain of a place in the Test side, but now it looks like England can't do without them. I am happy for Collingwood he finally showed his abilities in the Test scene too.

What's the reason actually that Hoggard doesn't play in ODI's? He is a good swing bowler.

langerrox said:
hahaha good find:) always good to have it in their pomy faces!

aussie1st said:
:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
This is funny stuff, where did all those English get to now :rolleyes:

If there's enough demand I am willing to quote some more. :cheers

Last edited:
ZexyZahid said:
What's the reason actually that Hoggard doesn't play in ODI's? He is a good swing bowler.
You'd think he'd be a shoo-in to open the bowling attack for England.

ZexyZahid said:
I wouldn't say that. Being that confident (and sometimes cocky like some people here), couldn't eventually turn out bad. For me India is a good team. From the past two tours, the matches have been pretty close and you never know what the outcome is.
Not saying we'll win, but we sure will give them hell.

Hoggard is the 12th placed Test bowler. England needs to think about that.

Harmison and Flintoff are the only experienced ones in the ODI bowling attack. And Anderson didn't play for a long time now for England.

But I don't mind if they don't play Hoggard.

themuel1 said:

for them to play stupid shots we bowled in the right areas to get the wickets and force them to play those shots, your batsmen just got caught in our plan.

:D

Yeh ok then.

We gave our too many of our wickets away, it happens. Credit to Pakistan though thoroughly deserved the win, don't become a bad team overnight though. Not many teams are successful in the Sub Contintent, should be interesting in the summer over here.

ZexyZahid said:
Hoggard is the 12th placed Test bowler. England needs to think about that.

Harmison and Flintoff are the only experienced ones in the ODI bowling attack. And Anderson didn't play for a long time now for England.

But I don't mind if they don't play Hoggard.

That's a thought on Hoggy, he's improved his accuracy lately. It just depends whether he'll get another chance, i'd give him one tbh.

langerrox said:
He did it to the tail aswell, He is a great bowler!

Shoaib?

Good not Great.

McGrath, Ambrose, Walsh, Hadlee, that Aussie (the one with the hairband, can't think of his name).

langerrox said:
:D It was an overpitched full toss, bowlers don't aim to bowl full tosses like that. Vaughan made it look like a good delivery because of his shitness.

aziz_4_ever2003 said:
hey guys wat u think about Umpiring in this series and also about English commentators who never said that Pakistanis are playing good or something.......

Umpiring has been indifferent.

our commentators have given credit to the Pakistanis. Can't think of any of the SKY commentators that have not credited Pakistan.

moza1 said:
LoL :) :D

Im glad Pakistan won.
Well done.

P.S Take that England.

Yup take that are indeed English ;)

nightprowler10 said:
You'd think he'd be a shoo-in to open the bowling attack for England.

Not saying we'll win, but we sure will give them hell.

I appreciate Pakistan's performance but at the same time, the fact is that not at one point did Pakistan look threatening. They took advantage of the conditions and also the Pakistani bowling attack is now getting some good accuracy in their bowling. But giving hell to India is not easy at all! England have not faced Pakistan in a long time, England are the least suited under these Pakistani conditions than India to face Pakistan!

(Again, taking nothing away from Pakistan's win but this is the fact!). The Indo-Pak series promises to be a mouth watering one!

Users who are viewing this thread