England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
usy57_pak said:
but our bowling trashed ur batting :D ......

Having not seen anything of the final day because I couldn't, I don't know how well Pakistan bowled or how well we batted, but overall our batting was crap. Yes, Pakistan bowled well at times, but there was nothing overly threatening most of the time in my opinion.

usy57_pak said:
so how did ur batting no let u down in Ashes . comon ... we had better bowlers that'z why WE WoN ... :D

What the hell are you talking about? Did you watch the series? Did you see how poorly our batsman applied themselves the majority of the time? And where did the Ashes get into this discussion?

usy57_pak said:
Well he is Great because we dont compare the players . :eek:

On his day his is supurb, but he's not a truly great bowler. How can you say he's a great bowler when you don't compare him to the great bowlers in the game?

Good win for Pakistan, indeed their confidence is sky high now. They have to win against England IN England to show their real skill.

Well I think Shoaib and Kaneria turned the tide in the last session of this test. That slower delivery of Shoaib turned out to be a real weapon against the batsmen on this dead track and Kaneria was getting his googlys absolutely right. Some nice catches taken by Hasan Raza in the slips of Kaneria as the last 8 wickets fell for around 50 runs.

watever .. pakistan won the test series !!!

cricket_lover said:
Good win for Pakistan, indeed their confidence is sky high now. They have to win against England IN England to show their real skill.

That should be a lot easir for us as most of our players play county cricket, and are leaders in their teams.

Congratulations to all pakistanis for winning the test series 2-0 in a very dramatic way against a team who had only come to white-wash them in tests.We saw an "all new" Shoaib Akhtar in this series.Akmal,Yousuf,Kaneria,Rana & Inzamam all showed brilliant performance in this series.And Akmal is probably the best "batsman wicket-keeper" in the world now followed by Gilchrist.

Last edited:
Definitely better bowling. Shoaib Akhtar was sensation and wtf is with that slower ball, it seems to travel through the bat. Mohammed Sami was tight and Naved created chances, although he was struck for many runs.

Having a spinner in the team also helped. Shoaib Malik and Shahid Afridi supported very well and one could be forgiven for thinking Udal and Giles were the part-timers by comparison.

Last edited:
To be honest losing Vaughan in ODIs is no big loss. He just doesn't seem suited to it. He hasn't set the world on fire. No big loss apart from his captaincy.
Also paceman Kabir Ali is in the side with Blackwell.

vaughan doesnt deserve to be in it, he hasnt made a 100 and is the captain adn meant to lead from the front!

Ye.. Trescothick should be ODI captain.

I would have this team (Batting order):
Trescothick (c)
Solanki
Strauss
Collingwood
Pietersen
Flintoff
Jones (wk)
Ali
Giles
Harmison
Hoggard

Gough (supersub)

Hoggard played ODI's in South Africa, and wasn't that bad.

Last edited:
aussie1st said:
To be honest losing Vaughan in ODIs is no big loss. He just doesn't seem suited to it. He hasn't set the world on fire. No big loss apart from his captaincy.
Also paceman Kabir Ali is in the side with Blackwell.

It's a great loss for Pakistan.

Drewska said:
Ye.. Trescothick should be ODI captain.

I would have this team (Batting order):
Trescothick (c)
Solanki
Strauss
Collingwood
Pietersen
Flintoff
Jones (wk)
Ali
Giles
Harmison
Hoggard

Gough (supersub)

Hoggard played ODI's in South Africa, and wasn't that bad.

Strauss went home to see his baby. Read the articles above. He isn't going back to Pakistan.

Giles has gone home to have a hip surgery.

Hoggard isn't in the ODI squad.

Gough opted to dance for some kind of TV programme instead of going to Pakistan.

Blackwell in for Giles, Ali for Hoggard and Prior for Strauss, Prior can win games like Afridi does.

I agree that Prior should be in but I'm not sure dropping Strauss is the right thing.

Users who are viewing this thread