England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
BBC view on Lahore (test ratings)

Jones dropped catches in the Ashes, he didn't drop one in the tests in pakistan that i remember.

I wouldn't drop Jones, he is a good ODI player as he can score quickly and get an innings back on track like vs Aus.

Strauss is set to come back tomorrow. Good or bad?

His ODI form could be crucial to us.

In between. Good in that they need all the help they can get, bad in that he is yet to get on top of the bowlers.

Sureshot said:
Danish Kaneria: 8 If he ever gets the umpires on his side, he will become one of the very best slow bowlers of his generation.

Denied countless excellent shouts for lbw, Kaneria continued to bound in, and was finally rewarded with two slip catches and a brilliant googly which bowled Flintoff on the final day.
Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. This is IMO the reason why Qadir didn't have a bag load of wickets in his career.

Though he has been unlucky in the recently concluded test series, I must also say the lad could help himself by appealing a bit lesser. At certain times his shouts were simply ridiculous. Doesnt go well with any umpire, who then think twice before giving their decision in the future.

m_vaughan said:
Though he has been unlucky in the recently concluded test series, I must also say the lad could help himself by appealing a bit lesser. At certain times his shouts were simply ridiculous. Doesnt go well with any umpire, who then think twice before giving their decision in the future.
True, but its a bit alarming that in three tests he didn't get a single LBW appeal to go in his favor. There were some appeals in the second test that I thought were a good foot away from the stumps, but I still don't think there were that many bad appeals. Besides, a few bad appeals is not a good reason for turning down so many plump ones. I have to say Shane Warne is the only leggie I know of who gets so many in his favor. Could be bias or double standard within the umpires, but of course I have no way to prove that.

angryangy said:
In between. Good in that they need all the help they can get, bad in that he is yet to get on top of the bowlers.

I think he had a lot on his mind in the 2 tests he played, anyone would be if there wife was 4,000 miles away and could go into labour any time soon.

Kaneria had a couple of plum lbws turned down, but i remember one time where he appealed on 3 (!) occasions on the same delivery, that is over-excessive and that goes against him big time, and rightly so.

Being England lost to Pakistan,
I wonder how many Pom's think they should be No.1 now? lol...

I guess ENG have yet again been bitten by the 'success bug' and falted,
sadly that seems to be becoming the norm' in these recent decades.
I just hope the ECB doesn't decide to bring out the axe and start chopping
heads, just yet anyway, I think the team still needs more time to gel properly
due to the younger guys in the team.

I think plenty of poms believe they should be No1. Infact all of them do, because of course poms are Australians.

Sureshot said:
Strauss is set to come back tomorrow. Good or bad?

His ODI form could be crucial to us.

So, what exactly was the point in your post earlier?!!

I think it's a good thing. Strauss is a great player

Maybe some of you could tell me .. Whats up with Ian Ward ? He looked like a bright prospect not very long ago .. Did he retire or something ?
Is Solanki in the squad ?

abaddon_67 said:
Maybe some of you could tell me .. Whats up with Ian Ward ? He looked like a bright prospect not very long ago .. Did he retire or something ?
Is Solanki in the squad ?
Ward got dropped as he never took to international level. He retired this year to concentrate on his broadcast career.

Solanki is in the squad, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread