England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
nightprowler10 said:
I have to say Shane Warne is the only leggie I know of who gets so many in his favor. Could be bias or double standard within the umpires, but of course I have no way to prove that.

Shane Warne gets numerous LBW decisions because he is one of the most accurate spin bowlers to ever play the game. If gets numerous borderline decisions to go his way, but just as many good shouts turned down.

Shane Warne doesn't get it all his way. There is a number of times in England where he didn't get the rub of the green. But he makes it hard for the umpire not to give it out as he appeals loudly and confidently and the umpires know what he can do.

aussie1st said:
Shane Warne doesn't get it all his way. There is a number of times in England where he didn't get the rub of the green. But he makes it hard for the umpire not to give it out as he appeals loudly and confidently and the umpires know what he can do.
So its not bias, but the fact that his appeals leave the umpires no choice? Then I guess Kaneria's appeals were justified (not the ones that were a foot away though)?

I'm not the only one who thinks many umpiring decisions go against leggies unfairly. As I said before, Qadir would've had a much more successful career had it not been for the overseas umpires just not being on his side, unlike Warne. I don't mean to say that his 600+ wickets came due to that, I'm not trying to take anything away from him. I guess the incident with Aleem Dar where Warne's appeal was turned down and at that the bowler called the umpire blind still rides on my mind. Any other bowler would've atleast had a hefty fine. That incident says to me that there is a bias/double standard in the umpiring community towards Warne, maybe because of the way he appeals.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but these are the people who got the right prediction for the outcome of the test series in the above poll:

Bravo, iceman_waugh, ksduded, lukedapuke, PakiFan, Pak_cricketer, Proud Pakistani, Rangeela, scorpion_rulezz, truce31, TT Boy, tux78, ZexyZahid

Shouldn't there be another poll for ODIs?

This is the squad of Pakistan XI: *Abdul Razzaq, Rafatullah Mohmand, Ashar Zaidi, Yasir Hameed, Bazid Khan, Faisal Iqbal, Yasir Arafat, Imran Tahir, +Zulqarnain Haider, Iftikhar Anjum, Mohammad Khalil, Agha Sabir, Tahir Khan, Riaz Afridi

I hope Hameed and Iftikhar Anjum play well, so they can get in contention for the ODI's.

ZexyZahid said:
This is the squad of Pakistan XI: *Abdul Razzaq, Rafatullah Mohmand, Ashar Zaidi, Yasir Hameed, Bazid Khan, Faisal Iqbal, Yasir Arafat, Imran Tahir, +Zulqarnain Haider, Iftikhar Anjum, Mohammad Khalil, Agha Sabir, Tahir Khan, Riaz Afridi

I hope Hameed and Iftikhar Anjum play well, so they can get in contention for the ODI's.
What the hell happened to Rao Iftikhar? I thought he did well enough in ODIs.

He is one of the best swing bowler I've seen in the past year. Don't understand why they give him chances. I rather see him play instead of for example Sami.

nightprowler10 said:
Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but these are the people who got the right prediction for the outcome of the test series in the above poll:

Bravo, iceman_waugh, ksduded, lukedapuke, PakiFan, Pak_cricketer, Proud Pakistani, Rangeela, scorpion_rulezz, truce31, TT Boy, tux78, ZexyZahid

Shouldn't there be another poll for ODIs?

Ok I have done one for the ODI series. You will notice 'other' which would mean at least one ODI game is drawn or washed out.

Voters: 2. You have already voted on this poll
Hey aussies,i haven't voted & it is stating that i have already voted :eek: you can see that there is not my name in voters list but it is stating i have given :p look into this :)
where is my right to give my vote :D

scorpion_rulezz said:

Voters: 2. You have already voted on this poll
Hey aussies,i haven't voted & it is stating that i have already voted :eek: you can see that there is not my name in voters list but it is stating i have given :p look into this :)
where is my right to give my vote :D

It's because you've already voted in the test series poll so it think's you've already voted.

I think the only way to get the polls working would be to make a new thread and merge this one with that.

Edit: I've done the above and the poll seems to be working now. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread