England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Another thing that let England down, was the spinners. Giles and Udal took about 5 wickets between them, which is not great on these wickets.

Think about it, if they did bowled better in Multan, this could of been 1-1.

Drewska said:
Another thing that let England down, was the spinners. Giles and Udal took about 5 wickets between them, which is not great on these wickets.

Think about it, if they did bowled better in Multan, this could of been 1-1.

Apart from the last innings at Multan and the last innings here, Kaneria has been pretty ineffective. That suggests to me that it's not been quite as spinner friendly as we all thought. Plus Giles was injured and we've all seen how effective he is on sub-continental pitches.

You are just saying that to make excuses for england's loss in the test series.Wasim Akram said on Sportscenter that Giles is an average bowler as i think for Udal he is a 36 year old spinner who can barely spin the ball.

I sort of agree stevie. I didn't think england should pick 2 spinners, specialy off-spinners, which don't get a lot of turn. I would of liked Anderson/Plunkett to play in the first 2 matches.

I agree with langerrox that giles cannot spin the ball.He lets other spinners make their marks on the pitch.Then seeing the marks he bowls on them and sometimes turns the ball

Ricky pontinG said:
You are just saying that to make excuses for england's loss in the test series.Wasim Akram said on Sportscenter that Giles is an average bowler as i think for Udal he is a 36 year old spinner who can barely spin the ball.

Sorry? Excuses? I don't think so. At what point did I say 'we lost because it wasn't as spinner friendly as we thought it would be?'
If you read my posts over the last 2 days there has been no one more critical of the England batting than me so please show me where i've made excuses! Giles is a very average bowler, but you can't deny he has a decent enough record in the sub-continent and Udal has shown he isn't good enough.

Agreed Stevie. The pitches didn't really spin, Kaneria did because hes a Leg-spinner. These days you have to be a leg spinner to get a lot of turn (Cept from Murali).

Udal showed his potential with the bat though :p

All right i meant that some of you were underestimating us.Now Pakistan have shown you need lots of practice to beat india who are in good form by the way read this again drewska.Udal is a 36 year old spinner

firstly pakistan are much better than india currently and what makes you think that england may struggle in india. i mean pakitsan could of been englands hardest tour of the sub continent

jazz said:
firstly pakistan are much better than india currently and what makes you think that england may struggle in india. i mean pakitsan could of been englands hardest tour of the sub continent
lolz..it's first of all not firstly. If India can beat Sri Lanka so easily with Murli, Chandana, Vass and some other brilliant bowlers in the side getting their ass kicked by Dhoni and other Indian batsmen, then what could you expect from the team who hardly have spinners. I think those English fast bowlers, Steve Harmison, Flintoff and others can't trouble the batsman much on these asian pitches. I'll say India have better chance of winning the upcoming series against England.

Last edited:
jazz said:

That will be proved only after the series btw India-Pakistan finish!

We dont know if England will struggle in India! Pakistan played well and England too contributed to their downfall! But it shows that they are weak with their batting and crumbled too easily against the Pakistanis! I cant see why India can take a cue from Pakistan's performance. We have two world class spinners - Kumble and Harbhajan backed up by Murali Kartik who bamboozled even the Aussies on a crumbling track!

Last edited:
preet said:
I think those English fast bowlers, Steve Harmison, Flintoff and others can't trouble the batsman much on these asian pitches. I'll say

Wouldn't say that. Harmys bounce created about 5 chances in the Pakistan innings at the Gaddafi Stadium, but no catcher was there to take it.

Flintoff took 8 wickets in the first test.

I think we'll struggle in India, let's hope we don't play a spinner.

What's the point in playing a spinner who can't take wickets and can just about bat.

If we pick anyone go for Loudon, he's got the different deliveries, and can bat very well.

As to your discussions about India, well firstly anyone whose watched any India - Pakistan games know that they have virtually nothing to do with previous form but who handles the immense pressure of these encounters the best on the day. Hence, the Indo-Pak series will be as charged up as ever. A good thing, in my opinion.

JamesyJames3 said:
I stand by my comments. Your bowling attack is nothing compared to Australia's. Ive also made quite clear what I think of your bowling attack.
but our bowling trashed ur batting :D ......

themuel1 said:
Agreed, it was the batting that let us down, they got themselves out.
so how did ur batting no let u down in Ashes . comon ... we had better bowlers that'z why WE WoN ... :D

Sureshot said:
Shoaib?

Good not Great.

McGrath, Ambrose, Walsh, Hadlee, that Aussie (the one with the hairband, can't think of his name).

Well he is Great because we dont compare the players . :eek:

:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread