England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Well form is temporary, and class is permanent. I am sure Strauss' class will silence his critics in the end.

My England XI for the first match will be:
M Trescothick (C)
A Strauss
V Solanki
I Bell
K Pietersen
A Flintoff
P Collingwood
G Jones
K Ali
S Harmison
J Anderson
Supersub: Ian Blackwell

Blackwell can be used as a batsman or bowler, so its better to have him as England's supersub.

cc2003btw said:
Pak Cricketer: What the hell is with your sig. You really are an absolute idiot.

can anybody tell me what was his signature? what is the wrond with it?

I just posted in the other thread that I'd open with Tres and Prior and stick Strauss at 4. I'd also go with Loudon rather than Blackwell. Blackwell's in the team because he can slog not because he can bowl spin. I know Loudon's got a way to go still but I'd still like to see him in the team getting some experience.
Seeing as ODI's are a complete waste of time we might as well use them to prepare players for the test team.

Blackwell might not spin, but can be very a very handy bowler. He was pretty effective in the twenty20 final. Although I do agree that since test cricket is the real deal, using these ODIs as preparation for them, I'd go with Loudon.

I think England have a good chance now. We are short of our two talismans Malik and Afridi, and this might put us on the backfoot. Malik is our best bet at no.3 and I just wonder who will fill the gap. I just wish whoever takes his place performs well :upray

UsmanCHADDA said:
I think England have a good chance now. We are short of our two talismans Malik and Afridi, and this might put us on the backfoot. Malik is our best bet at no.3 and I just wonder who will fill the gap. I just wish whoever takes his place performs well :upray
Just for the record we are without Jones, Giles and Vaughan.

Whatever happened to Alex Wharf? still injured? I'd actually prefer him to Kabir Ali.

Well the probable. From A source of mine ;) who actually works for the team says:

1. Salman Butt
2. Shoaib Malik
3. Younis Khan
4. Inzamam
5. Yousaf
6. Razzaq
7. Kamran
8. Rana
9. Sami
10. Shoaib
11 Danish

Super-sub:: Yasir Hameed or Arshad Khan.

He is pretty sur about the line-up but not the super-sub.

Pak_cricketer said:
Well the probable. From A source of mine ;) who actually works for the team says:

1. Salman Butt
2. Shoaib Malik
3. Younis Khan
4. Inzamam
5. Yousaf
6. Razzaq
7. Kamran
8. Rana
9. Sami
10. Shoaib
11 Danish

Super-sub:: Yasir Hameed or Arshad Khan.

He is pretty sur about the line-up but not the super-sub.

Thats very interesting as cricinfo predicts this.
Pakistan (probable) 1 Salman Butt, 2 Kamran Akmal (wk), 3 Shoaib Malik, 4 Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), 5 Mohammad Yousuf, 6 Younis Khan, 7 Abdul Razzaq, 8 Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, 9 Shoaib Akhtar, 10 Mohammad Sami, 11 Danish Kaneria. Supersub Yasir Arafat

That is the most likely line up anyways, when you look at the current form and availability of the players. I am just wondering how Razzaq performs after this breakdown. Afridi will be missed no doubt, but he'll hopefully make up for it in the last 3 games.

Pak will be able to ease Razzaq back in. Malik is good ODI bowler anyway and his spin should be handy in Pakistan conditions. So basically that is your 5 bowlers and if needed Razzaq can bowl a few.

The English lineup ius also interesting. I'm hearing Prior will either open or play as supersub. Solanki is the other option for supersub.

Yeah Malik is that Saqlain kind of a bowler. He would be a much better bowler if he was to work on his bowling a bit more. Razzaq too has let his bowling down in order to improve his batting perhaps. He bowls no more with the pace, swing and fire that he had a couple of years back.

Users who are viewing this thread