England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
He didn't quit, he was forced to leave due to injury.

Quitting means going of his own accord.

Solanki in for him.

aditya123 said:
so, does it mean you won`t mind England losing all the ODI matches in this series and in India and fail to qualify for the Super Eights in the World Cup ?;):)
For me it doesnt matter. I rate the Ashes higher than any World Cup. Its just a personal opinion. Though my interest in the shorter versions of the game (50 and 20 overs) has increased over the past few years!

barmyarmy said:
The ODI series is irrelevant. Even if we win it 4-1 from here it is the tests that count.
Dont worry, Pakistan will take care of your worries. You wont have to win 4-1.

PakiFan said:
i think shoaib malik has performed at all positions, so inzi shuffles his position according to the conditions....Malik can hit in the last overs but if Younis Khan is there, he cant hit a lot... he is just a kind of player who relies on singles and doubles...But in last overs younis khan is not suitable...
But one thing to be worried about is that changing Malik's position too often, can affect his performance....

Younis Khan can hit in the final overs. I couldn't believe it myself when he did it. And not only once. I think it was against the West Indies the last innings I remember of him.

Sureshot said:
We didn''t have to bowl Solanki, he bowled as the game was over and to give the bowlers a rest for Thursday.

That's true. But normally each ODI side have such a team that they have six bowlers to opt for.

barmyarmy said:
The ODI series is irrelevant. Even if we win it 4-1 from here it is the tests that count.

For me too. That's the ultimate test to look which country is the better one.

The ODI's are important too, but only secundary. That's how you can become officially World Champion by winning them.

About Pietersen:

Pietersen's Pakistan tour is over
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4524424.stm

Solanki is a more than capable off spinner, infact he nearly had a C&B.

I see what you mean though. Our normal ODI side would be (if everyone fit):

Tres
Strauss
Vaughan
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Jones
Giles
Jones
Harmison
Plunkett/Ali

Now in there we have 5 full time bowlers + Collingwood (not sure whether he's part time or full time), Vaughan (more than capable), Trescothick (has a first class hat trick).

Sureshot said:
Solanki is a more than capable off spinner, infact he nearly had a C&B.

I see what you mean though. Our normal ODI side would be (if everyone fit):

Tres
Strauss
Vaughan
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Jones
Giles
Jones
Harmison
Plunkett/Ali

Now in there we have 5 full time bowlers + Collingwood (not sure whether he's part time or full time), Vaughan (more than capable), Trescothick (has a first class hat trick).
I would play Anderson and Blackwell instead of Plunkett and Giles. Solanki as the supersub.

Anderson's over Y1-Y1-Y1-4-4-6-3-2-Y1-6! He bowls too many wides. Shame about Pietersen, I reckon we'll lose the one day series now, he is a key player. Yesterday Trescothick partially blamed the batting for not getting individual high scores! He can't really talk.

Eh?

That bit on Anderson really confuses me, he didn't play yesterday.
What does Y1 mean?

m_vaughan said:
I would play Anderson and Blackwell instead of Plunkett and Giles. Solanki as the supersub.
They've always used Solanki as SS, haven't they? I wonder who is going to be Pakistan's SS now that Afridi can play. Any news about that that I may have missed?

Sureshot said:
Eh?

That bit on Anderson really confuses me, he didn't play yesterday.
What does Y1 mean?
Wide 1.

andrew_nixon said:
How do you get Y from wide?
You'd have to ask the good people at Cricinfo, that's where I saw it first. I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that using 'W' would confuse people. Perhaps using Y has something to do with the shape of the letter? Just imagine that letter placed flat on a cricket pitch from the umpires view. :p

I don't remember Anderson bowling an over for 29!

Got something seriously wrong there Hondeyho, Plunketts most expensive over was 16 yesterday, Andersons on Saturday can't have been 29 in an over. He only conceded 33 in 8 (iirc) overs.

Users who are viewing this thread