England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Sureshot said:
I don't remember Anderson bowling an over for 29!

Got something seriously wrong there Hondeyho, Plunketts most expensive over was 16 yesterday, Andersons on Saturday can't have been 29 in an over. He only conceded 33 in 8 (iirc) overs.
I think he was referring to an over from one of the past series. I remember somebody else mentioning something like that on another forum. It might've happened in RSA.

nightprowler10 said:
You'd have to ask the good people at Cricinfo, that's where I saw it first. I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that using 'W' would confuse people. Perhaps using Y has something to do with the shape of the letter? Just imagine that letter placed flat on a cricket pitch from the umpires view. :p
Common practice is to use W for wicket and w for wide.

I don't think Anderson's bowled an over for 29... it's not on his profiles where ever i look, and there was this article about worst overs, and he werent there.

I don't think you can find these kind of stats. Normally you will only find the best performances of players. (even though Anderson isn't that article). Except for the number of ducks of batsmen.

Y No its not an australian convention unless aussies think whatever conventions they make are cool. Stick to your own man .....the true one.

Australia going to get a tough competition this world cup. Moreover Australia as we say is a carbon copy of States.....and "Y' is just another futile effort towards that.

wtf? "Convention" as in, it is in common usage in Australia.

When you write down ball by ball short hand, often a 'w' and a 'W' look alike. Using a 'Y' in place of the 'w' eliminates the possibility of this confusion.

ZexyZahid said:
I don't think you can find these kind of stats. Normally you will only find the best performances of players. (even though Anderson isn't that article). Except for the number of ducks of batsmen.

IF he did bowl a 29 over it would be in an article, it's not, i even seatrched 29 runs in an over and nothing comes back, someones in cloud cuckoo land, not you though ZZ.

Sheesh! I'm just predicting the future :p, it hasn't actually happened *blushes*

I've said this in other posts, I'm not very good at explaining things :p!

Salman
Kamran
Younis
Inzamam
Yousaf
Afridi
Malik
Razzaq
Rana
Shoaib
Sami

SS: Yasir Hameed or Arafat

Latest News from the Pakistani Headquaters.. The Sub will be chosen from Yasir Hameed or Arafat, depending on the pitch before the toss.

Users who are viewing this thread