England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Shoaib Malik is wasted at six, as is, to some degree, Inzamam-ul-Haq at five. Shahid Afridi is a roll of the dice no matter where you put him.

Why did they move Shoaib Malik down the order at number 6? He was preforming well for Pakistan at number 2. He scored a lot of half centuries and got tons of man of the match awards batting at number 2.

Great Work By Pak. A comprehensive win, they really took Poms to Cleaners this time around. It was a very good team effort. All the bowlers chipped in well. Akhtar was at his fearsome best and Akmal is proving that he can bat (but still got a long way to go to catch up to the best WK batsman i.e. Gilli).
Well done Pakistan. The series is really heatingup ATM.

I think Pakistan is going smash English in this series. They look to be in a good form especially if Afridi is in. Certianly england needs to watch out. They could probably do with a bit of rearrangement of the batting order, but whatever gets them victory man...i am not complaining.

Pakistan is surely gonna WIN this one. all my bets are on it man

Dhoni said:
Why did they move Shoaib Malik down the order at number 6? He was preforming well for Pakistan at number 2. He scored a lot of half centuries and got tons of man of the match awards batting at number 2.
Number 3, you mean. He averages about 40 at that position.

i think shoaib malik has performed at all positions, so inzi shuffles his position according to the conditions....Malik can hit in the last overs but if Younis Khan is there, he cant hit a lot... he is just a kind of player who relies on singles and doubles...But in last overs younis khan is not suitable...
But one thing to be worried about is that changing Malik's position too often, can affect his performance....

ZexyZahid said:
He was the Supersub. If England would have subbed, they would have got only five bowlers. And they did. That's why Solanki also bowled.

We didn''t have to bowl Solanki, he bowled as the game was over and to give the bowlers a rest for Thursday.

ZoraxDoom said:
Ok, subtract the extra 8. 7 overs for 55. Much better :rolleyes:

Strangely, so far he only has 2 first class fifties!

Why strangely? yesterday showed he can bat.

Pak_cricketer said:
Is KP injured?

Yes, hairline rib fracture.

aussie1st said:
Afridi really makes the lineup look even more dangerous. If he comes off watch out England.

Many were saying the same about Gilly. :p

Pak_cricketer said:
I don't think He'll do it again cause it was out of pure fustration..

Out of frustration.... maybe, out of sheer stupidity.... most definately. Or ignorance, perhaps he was not informed about the advent of television cameras...... :p

sachin said:
Series level 1-1.Who's going to win.......?Hopefully Pakistan.Then we won't hear to much about how great the Poms are.

The ODI series is irrelevant. Even if we win it 4-1 from here it is the tests that count.

barmyarmy said:
The ODI series is irrelevant. Even if we win it 4-1 from here it is the tests that count.
so, does it mean you won`t mind England losing all the ODI matches in this series and in India and fail to qualify for the Super Eights in the World Cup ?;):)

aditya123 said:
so, does it mean you won`t mind England losing all the ODI matches in this series and in India and fail to qualify for the Super Eights in the World Cup ?;):)

I've seen Colin moan about ODI's since the South Africa tour and that was nearly a year ago, so I guess he doesn't like them... :p

well now KP also quits the tour due to his rib injury.......... some more problems for england...

Users who are viewing this thread