England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
Great bowling by Akhtar and good recovery by the English. 230 is still a defendable total but Pakistan would have to be favourites.

Pakistan didn't want to go over the 3.5 hours, so that's why they brought the spinners. But he could have put in a tight field. Why let them get the singles? It's like they were defending a total. And not to mention if he brought in the pacers early in I think England would have been out before the 40th or even before the 35th over with some luck. Not good thinking.

Stupid stuff from Inzi. The seamers were doing a great job yet he brings on the spinners who get smashed around, and he still doesn't take them off. They could have at least slowed them down more, and certainly could've bowled them out for a lot less. Congrats to Akhtar for his fourth 5-wicket haul. Three more wickets and he'll be at 200.
the only reason for bringing the seamers in was of the time... but still then it was 30th over when they were 8 down.... If seamers would have been brought in, then Pak might not have to bowl full 50 overs.... Spinners were thrashed all around, so i think seamers should have been brought in.....

----------------------------------------
newayz Pak going well... 50 for not at 6/over
Hope Kamran may get some runs this time

Pakistan off to a great start. England needs a wicket now or its over!

Question: Why is Pietersen still fielding when he is injured?

gud question actually but i dont know the answer man :D
ask somebody else :D

Last edited:
I think Pietersen is now been replaced by Anderson.

Good fifty of Kamran Akmal.

Pakistan well on their way.... 78 runs left of 21 overs..
Will Kamran get his 100 or not??? anybody want to guess??:D

taimurasad said:
Pakistan off to a great start. England needs a wicket now or its over!

Question: Why is Pietersen still fielding when he is injured?

Apparently, it's due to his injury being inflicted in a prior game, stupid rule imo.

Well done Pakistan and Akmal, got a decent little player there.

aussie1st said:
I know the Orgins, its just everyone down under is used to calling the English, Poms.

I told you guys to drop Jones, you have Prior in the side already. Why use him as a batter only when Jones keeping isn't world class and his batting is alright.

Good recovery by England though, Plunkett and supersub Solank should get England to 200. England's bowling is going to be very weak though. Blackwell and Collingwood both have to bowl out their 10.

I would drop Jones after this, Prior is a more than capable wicketkeeper, you could tell that in the field. He's a better batter too.

Solanki for KP, Kp wont be fit, he looks very uncomfy.
And Anderson for Jones.

Waqar said it will swing in karachi. So use our biggest swinger.

Sureshot said:
I would drop Jones after this, Prior is a more than capable wicketkeeper, you could tell that in the field. He's a better batter too.
Better batter yes. Better keeper no. I think we can experiment Prior in ODIs, but maybe not now with the series level at 1-1.

Great victory of Pakistan. If it wasn't for Plunkett and the substitution rule England would have been embarrassed more.

Since Kaneria will be possibly out, I hope the spinner to play will be Mushtaq. He wasn't in the squad in the first two ODI's, but I hope he will be added in the squad for next ODI's. He is way better spin bowler then Arshad Khan.

Great piece of batting of Akmal and great bowling of Akhtar too.

And Thursday Afridi will come back. :) Maybe he will take the spot of Kaneria. I wonder if he will open. And if he does, I hope he will play with Butt.

I think Afridi will open with Butt.
I was disappointed when Jimmy was removed from the bowling lineup today, even though Solanki played a crucial role in England's last gasp recovery. He is a wicket taking bowler, and has a decent record against Pakistan.

Does anyone thought that the 2nd ODI's highest scorer would be Plunkett :p
great knock by him,shows the batsmens of his team how to bat on this batting paradise :D
good win for Pakistan,3rd ODI will be crucial for England as i don't think KP will play :rolleyes: England will miss him too much as he is a key player in the middle order....let's see what Pakistani team will be selected for the remaining 3 ODI's

Great start for Plunkett...ODI batting average of 56 :rolleyes:

Wait, wasn't he supposed to be a bowler?
But bowlers are supposed to go at lest than 9 an over...:D

Users who are viewing this thread