Bell
Pietersen
Flintoff
Prior
Giles
Hoggard
Plunkett
Harmison

I think its time to give Prior a chance witht he gloves, he is also a very good batsmen. I cant see them dropping G Jones tho..

I would also opt for Plunkett ahead of Udal simply because hes young, hes raw and hes a 90mph bowler. Let him rip into the pakistanis! :D

satishmania said:
obviously shaun udal would be the second spinner, cant you see his name in my XI?.. :rolleyes:

When Andrew see's Ashley Giles' name anywhere, he see's it as his one chance to spam :p. It's ok Andrew, everyone has the erge! ;)

Anyway, to make this post relevant I agree with Satish's line-up. If England were to go down the 4 seamers route, would they pick Plunkett or Anderson?

Harmison, Hoggard, Giles, Udal and flintoff would be my attack.

andrew_nixon said:
I saw his name yeah..... so Vaughan or Pietersen will be the first spinner? You're showing a lot of confidence in their bowling ability!

Oh don't be so harsh, in previous threads you've defended Gilo with his record in Pakistan :p

Yes he aint a spinner, but he picks up wickets at crucial times....and as long as he can do that....Im happy. Besides he is pretty decent with the bat, and can score runs lower down the order.

Common sense please people. Alright Gileo doesnt spin the ball all the time. But he is still a technically a spin bowler. He can produce rippers. I can give examples but I think most of you can think of them yourselves. Anyway, yes, there is no mention of spin in slow-left arm bowling, but this is the case for every other left arm spin bowler.

Sureshot said:
Has any SLA ever been a big spinner of the ball?

Maybe not, but thats besides the point. It is the same action as an off-spinner, just with your left hand. Therefore you can generate the amount of turn an off-spinner does.

Im not sure but Vettori spins the ball a respectable amount.

JamesyJames3 said:
Maybe not, but thats besides the point. It is the same action as an off-spinner, just with your left hand. Therefore you can generate the amount of turn an off-spinner does.

Im not sure but Vettori spins the ball a respectable amount.

Vettori defintely spins the ball but what makes him good is his arm ball and the different amount of flight he can get.

Users who are viewing this thread