England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
m_vaughan said:
I will still go in with 3 seamers and 1 spinner. Thats our strength, and we must stick with it.
then you mean england will go in with 7 batsmen( if flintoff is the third seamer)?
no i think its better if they go with 6 batsmen with flintoff coming in at number 6. then you can play 3 seamers and 2 spinners. my XI would be:

Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan
Bell
Peitersen
Flintoff
G Jones
Udal
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison

satishmania said:
then you mean england will go in with 7 batsmen( if flintoff is the third seamer)?
no i think its better if they go with 6 batsmen with flintoff coming in at number 6. then you can play 3 seamers and 2 spinners. my XI would be:

Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan
Bell
Peitersen
Flintoff
G Jones
Udal
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison
Whos the second spinner? Pietersen or Vaughan? :D

satishmania said:

Trescothick
Strauss
Vaughan
Bell
Peitersen
Flintoff
G Jones
Udal
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison

Whose that Udal dude?

satishmania said:
obviously shaun udal would be the second spinner, cant you see his name in my XI?.. :rolleyes:
I saw his name yeah..... so Vaughan or Pietersen will be the first spinner? You're showing a lot of confidence in their bowling ability!

Andrew's Ashley Giles bias aside, that's actually the team I'd play.
Four seamers is fine when you have four you can trust but seeing as the final place comes down to a choice between Anderson and Plunkett I'd definitely play Udal.

andrew_nixon said:
I saw his name yeah..... so Vaughan or Pietersen will be the first spinner? You're showing a lot of confidence in their bowling ability!
LOL, no...Giles and Udal are the primary spin bowlers..you are takin a dig at me is it? :p

Andrew just doesn't think he counts as a spin bowler cos he doesn't spin the ball.
I think whether he spins it or not he does a job for England and is an important part of the team and no Andrew, we're not going to call up Gary Keedy.

or Gary Batty for that matter..you know giles does turn the ball when there's help from the turf..i remember one ball in the ashes series that turned from outside leg and hit the off stump..

Last edited:
satishmania said:
or Gary Batty for that matter..you know giles does turn the ball when there's help from the turf..i remember one ball in the ashes series that turned from outside leg and hit the off stump..

Martyn was his name. :)

aussie1st said:
Martyn was his name. :)
thanks, i couldnt remember the batsman... :p

Giles is a similar bowler to Kumble. both are not big turners of the ball, but Kumble is a more consistent and a more attacking bowler than giles. most of the time giles bowls a negative length..i remember when england came to india in 2001, giles tied tendulkar down with a negative line outside leg stump. however these days giles is a much improved bowler. he also attacks the batsman occasionally.... :p

Users who are viewing this thread