England in Pakistan

Who will win the ODI Series

• Total voters
jayasuriya hasnt used his bowling potential in tests as much as in ODIs. he can be expensive but he does pick up a lot of wickets. i remember the 1996 world cup semi-final against india. he turned the ball probably as much as muralitharan. he picked up 3 quick wickets and shut the door on india. jadeja was bowled off a vicious turner..

Definitely hasn't been used as much in test matches. His stats however are quite good. Average at 32.78, economy 2.44 with 92 wickets.

This is good of Yorkshire. Never seen this before.

Test tickets get Urdu promotion

Yorkshire, in a unique gesture, will publish a ticket sales booklet in both Urdu and English for a Test and a one-day international in 2006.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/yorkshire/4408504.stm

But this is bigger news!

Free tickets for Pakistan Tests

Up to a quarter of tickets for England's three Tests in Pakistan will be made available for free.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/4399020.stm

Last edited:
I think htere are a lot of Pakistanis(muslims are just not Pakistanis, they could be anyone) in Yorkshire.. Pakistanis are everywhere in England, so.. Anyways , those people are soo lucky, i wish i was living there :p.

JamesyJames3 said:
Common sense please people. Alright Gileo doesnt spin the ball all the time. But he is still a technically a spin bowler. He can produce rippers. I can give examples but I think most of you can think of them yourselves. Anyway, yes, there is no mention of spin in slow-left arm bowling, but this is the case for every other left arm spin bowler.

there is category of left arm bowlers called chinamen. i think if a lefthand bowler do leg spin its called chinamen.

mohsinshahzad84 said:
there is category of left arm bowlers called chinamen. i think if a lefthand bowler do leg spin its called chinamen.

Yep, Brad Hogg is one of them. No idea why they made a whole new group for lefties makes no sense.

mohsinshahzad84 said:
Chinamen bowling is the left handed equivalent of leg spin, but it isn't actually leg spin. Their orthodox delivery turns into the right hander, and their googly turns away from the right hander.

satishmania said:
even jayasuriya gets more turn than giles....he has more five wicket hauls in ODI than any other left arm spinner

he has played 6 times more ODIs than Giles :p Maybe 5.

aussie1st said:
Yep, Brad Hogg is one of them. No idea why they made a whole new group for lefties makes no sense.
i came came to know about left arm chinamen bowlers only after brad hogg made his debut against india in the one-off test in 1996..guys do you know who was the first chinamen bowler in history?

mohsinshahzad84 said:

You say that as if I didnt know...?

Im quite aware but we were talking about slow left arm bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread